The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Green Day – American Idiot, 7.00 NEWSBEAT, 2. U2 – Elevation, 3. Kylie Minogue – Giving You Up, 4. Estelle – Go Gone, 5. Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out, 7.30 NEWSBEAT, 6. 50 Cent – In Da Club, 7. Kaiser Chiefs – Oh My God, 8. Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc, 9. Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver, 8.00 NEWSBEAT, 10. M.O.P – Cold As Ice, 11. Phantom Planet – California, 12. Juliet – Avalon, 13. Maroon 5 – Must Get Out, 8.30 NEWSBEAT, 14. Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh, 15. Coldplay – In My Place, 16. TEDIOUS LINK: The Original – I Luv U Baby, 17. Lemar – Time To Grow, 18. 9.30 NEWSBEAT, 19. Freeloaders/The Real Thing – So Much Love To Give, 20. Studio B – I See Girls

Well I can’t believe I’ve been doing this for six months, but I’ve now decided to call it a day, decided to give somebody else a chance to occupy their weekends. Here goes with my final review(Sorry, but I’ve gotta milk it!)…

The show started with Chris slagging Footballers Wives. Dave doesn’t want to know what happened he has it taped. Chris said it used to be good, but it’s not even funny rubbish anymore. He thinks Tanya Turner is a young Bet Lynch, I don’t even think she’s that good looking! Chris can’t believe he wasted an hour and a half of his life watching that rubbish last night! That said though, if they’re do another orgy scene, he’d quite happily do a cameo…

I don’t really know whether you’re aware of this or not, but poor Chris has not been very well recently! He thinks he has Pneumonia, but during yesterday’s Moyles Extra, Radio 1’s Dr Mark Hamilton diagnosed him…as having a cold, and his condition is not as bad as he has been making out. Chris claims Mark said to him, off air, that it was a bit Pneumonia-ish, and he thinks he’s been a big brave boy to have survived it, and he gave him a lollipop. Actually he just gave him some paracetamol, not quite as tasty!

RANDOM QUOTE NUMBER 1:

(Taking the piss out of JK and Joel)

“To me, to you, to me, to you, to me, to you, to me, to you, to me, to you...”

Chris: Repeat for 12 month contract.

More randomness now…is it just a coincidence that every single one of Carrie’s sport bulletins every day, always seem to include the words “Chelsea” and “Jose Mourinho”? OK, the attention seeking boss is always in the news, but Carrie seems a bit biased as a Chelsea fan to me. This is not really a complaint, as I love Carrie, more of an observation. Listen out, when the team get back off holiday, and you’ll see what I mean.

CLASSIC MOYLES
After the 8.30 news, Chris had been searching the jingle machine and found a load of old clips of himself, so we got to hear a few. Including the spoof advert for Wyclef Jean searching for the “Wyclef’s of Dover”, Will’s Phone Game and Will Is A Sheep, and I’m sure, somewhere in the archives of chrismoyles.net Sound Vault, these clips still exist. No mention for this site though, tut tut Chris! Anyway, following this was a petition to play Nik Kershaw…
24 COMPETITION:
I’m not really a fan of 24, so this was a bit dull for me, nevertheless, the competition is for a listener to go to LA and meet the cast of 24, chaperoned by Aled(Who’ll be better by then obviously). It was the final today with all of the winners from this week against each other. After a load of questions about the show that made no sense whatsoever to me, the eventual winner was Emma, who will be going to LA with Aled. Sadly not Rachel, otherwise I’d have entered myself, oh well!

CHRIS AND DAVE’S FOOTIE PREDICTIONS:
With Special Guest Ray Stubbs!

Arsenal V Norwich
Chris: Home Win, Dave: Home Win

Birmingham V Tottenham
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Home Win

Charlton V Man City
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Draw

Crystal Palace V Middlesborough
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Home Win

Liverpool V Bolton
Chris: Draw, Dave: Away Win

Man Utd V Blackburn

Newcastle V Aston Villa

There was a new game after the 9.30 news, basically the whole team were auditioning to be Radio 1 DJ’s, Chris gave each of them the opening of a song, and they had to talk up to the vocal. Dave and Dom did it, Carrie nearly did it, but Will struggled, as his song was The Bluebells’ Young At Heart, a song which hits the vocal straight away! Carrie had another go and got it spot on with Black Eyed Peas! More quality radio such as this, with Scott Mills next week.

CARPARK CATCHPHRASE

On Line 1, it’s contestant number one:
Martin, makes matresses for the army, from Southampton:

On Line 2, it’s contestant number two:
Michael, works for an electric company, from Ramsgate:

MOYLES EXTRA:
It started with a bit of Moyles and Whiley banter we haven’t heard for a while, as Jo started her first song before the pips have finished. Jo said Chris was so desperate to get off(on holiday that is) this morning. Then on Listen Again, it very suddenly switched to Moyles Extra, which was a bit confusing! Topics covered today were Sky Andrews, Jermaine Pennant’s agent who sounds like Beppe from Eastenders, Dom’s got a hangover, and he’s been sick this morning, nice! Chris had to blow his nose, the team were reviewing the papers while he was gone. Dom had a Guess Who, Jill Halfpenny from Eastenders. Following this were questions for Longman. Oh, and did I mention the team were spanking each other during this link? If this doesn’t beat The Archers, what will? Anyway, holiday time!

Now I’ve done my final review, I’d like to say thanks to Chris Harris for letting me be a part of this site, it’s been fun! Thanks to those of you who read my reviews, and for those who don’t, I wouldn’t read yours either! Good luck to whoever takes my place, and to the new Tuesday reviewer as well. Goodbye, and you’d better be missing me already!

ALSO ON TODAY’S SHOW:
Conversation about the tablets you stick up your… can’t spell it!
Dominic’s opinions on the new Newsbeat office
Perving over Jo Whiley

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]