The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Green Day - Holiday 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body 3. Feeder- Feeling A Moment 4. Sunset Strippers - Falling Stars 5. Phantom Planet - California 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Foo Fighters - Times Like These 7. Gwen Steffani - Rich Girl 8. Mariah Carey - It's Like That 9. Studio B - I See Girls 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh 11. Eminem - Just Lose It 12. Natasha Beddingfield - I Bruise Easily 13. Deepdish - Flashdance 8:30 NEWSBEAT 14. Destiny's Child - Independent Women 15. Stereophonics - Dakota 16. Kylie Minogue - Giving You Up 17. REM - Losing My Religion (Tedious Link) 18. Usher - Caught Up 19. Juliet Avalon (Jacques Lu Cont Versus remix) 20. 50 Cent - Candy Shop 21. Rachel Stevens - Negotiate With Love 9:30 NEWSBEAT 22. Kasabian - Club Foot 23. Kayne West - All Fall Down 24. Embrace - Gravity

Chris is thrusting (gooood mornin') on all cylinders today, as despite what JK & Joel say, he's feeling great. He can't understand why so many wussies come into work and complain about feeling a little bit ill - such as JK who is in fact 2 days ahead with Chris's flu like illness, which he wont mention again, at all, honest. JK has told Chris what he has to look forward to, and since JK was having a good old laugh at Mr. Moyles when he came in today, there's only one way for him to go, and that's downhill. Chris says he hopefully wont have to use the emergency links after 7, but if he does we can look forward to the "new number 1 from Eternal". Nothing like keeping up to date, eh? (and that is nothing like keeping up to date)

Other symptoms of Chris's new illness are being boiling hot one moment, then freezing cold the next. Although it is hard to tell if that's an actual symptom of the flu, or weather it's just the brilliant air conditioning at Radio 1. Dave goes out on a limb and diagnoses Chris as officially ill.

Chris: I don't think I'll be able to come into work tomorrow, I'm sick.
Dave: How sick are you?
Chris: I was in bed with…

When Rachel Met Johnny and Great Yarmouth is Fab

An amusing story early on in the show - yesterday Rachel went to another radio station's bash for some reason (they didn't mention the name directly, but we all know it's capital fm) to "drink away their profits" (as Chris put it) and managed to meet the breakfast DJ at that station, who is Johnny Vaughn.

Being such a fan, Rachel went up to the London-based legend and asked for his autograph for her friend Chris, which Johnny kindly obliged to do, writing "To Chris, Best Wishes Johnny Vaughn". Luckily, the former Big Breakfast host didn't even notice, and Rachel even got a round of applause when she returned. Uncle Ferg was not watching this even, unfortunately, and asked Rachel to go up and do it again, except this time take a photo with him as well. Alas, she didn't in the end, but for Chris the autograph was enough, and it's now sitting proud on the wall of the studio.

If you're an avid reader of the Eastern Daily Post, then you may have read about the outrage that the team caused on the Red Nose Rally a few weeks ago, when Chris said that he'd like to send Scott Mills there as it's so crap. Chris, though, can't remember saying any such thing, especially since he and Dave got some of the biggest crowds on the Radio 1 roadshow down there. Apparently though, this is why "Dom 'n' Carrie" (as the paper called them) fed the sharks and interviewed some hilarious small children about it, down in the 'mouth. Of course they were accompanied by an appropriate picture for the feature, them bent over both eating a fab lolly. I hope Carrie didn't fill up on the Fab too much, as Dom was taking her for some Fish and Chips later - according to a quote he couldn't even remember.

Ant(s), Dec, Dr.Who and other stuff on today's show

Over the past couple of days you'll have heard the team try and get the Geordie wonders Ant and Dec on the show, and although they have been on the phone once or twice, they've never been in the studio proper. After not hearing from their "people" for the past few days, they've finally heard that it's a big fat "yes" and they'll be on the show tomorrow.

Dave: It really will be a good Friday

So Chris really will have to come in tomorrow, no matter how he is feeling as Dave reckons it's one of their conditions that they have to be interviewed by him rather than Scott Mills. This announcment prompted a new "original" jingle :-

Ant and Dec Said Yes, Ant and Dec Said Yes,
But sadly there's no room for them, but we're pleased they said Yes,
The Chris Moyles Show, National Radio 1

A few texts came in asking if the team will be playing any old PJ & Duncan tracks tomorrow, and of course they will be playing the most obvious one. That's right…my eternal love. They're also planning on all breaking their arms in tribute to Dec, who broke his in a stunt on Saturday Night Takeaway a few weeks ago. Of course they'd have to have them co-ordinated with their own outfits - Rachel's would be green as she apparently wears that colour everyday. She even has the same clothes on as yesterday - right down to the underwear (apparently) and probably hasn't even had a wash :-

Chris: I'm glad I've got a cold, I don't want to be smelling Rachel's stinky arse all day

The team had to get some practice in just in case Chris was away and they had to interview Ant and Dec themselves. Dom himself came up with a typically cracking question asking "Since your show is called Saturday Night Takeaway, do you eat Takeaways on Saturday Night?". This alone told Chris he must come in, as otherwise the team would just make a pig's ear of it. Slightly harsh I feel.

The show turned a bit geeky when the team started chatting about the new series of Dr.Who, which starts on Saturday at 7, I think. I say that as I'm not sure when it starts, hasn't really been trailed that much. Rachel says she has a preview copy upstairs, which although is good news for Chris who wants to see it, it's no use for the show, since the major Who interview was yesterday with Billie

In other Who news, Chris says that the darleks can fly now, since they were a bit useless before :-

Chris: Before when they were shouting "Exterminate" you could just run up some stairs - "Come on then" [In Darlek Voice] "Oh Bugger, Where's the lift? Where's the lift?" then he could run back down the stairs again

Chris has an ant problem in his flat, and he needs to sort it out today before going to sleep and trying to recover from his cold. Dave offered to give Chris some powder, but the problem has got even too big for that. Even the local extermination firm won't help out, as they don't do ants. "Witty" listeners have the solution though and have just told Chris to get Dec to sort Ant out, when they are on the show tomorrow. Or better still, ring your Uncle and ask him to pick her up. Of course those are both more realistic than Aled's suggestion of just asking them to leave.

Whattity What
Chris was to ill to do it today, because people dislike it so much, he couldn't handle people texting in to annoy him about it. So it'll be back next week for the final "blowout edition" after which it'll join "Secret Student" in the breakfast show graveyard.

Tedious Link
Dream Warriors 'My Definition of a Bombastic Jazz Style' - Dream Warriors also had a hit with 'Wash Your Face In My Sink' - Sink is something you find in a bathroom, as is a towel - towel rhymes with Cowell as in Simon Cowell who is now a big star in America - 'America What Time Is Love?' was a hit for the KLF in '92, the same year that 'Sleepy Satellite' was a Number 1 for Tasmin Archer - Tasmin Archer shares the same name as Jeffrey Archer who is a famous writer - 'Mr. Writer' was a hit for the Stereophonics, who have topped the charts with their latest record 'Dakota' - Dakota is the name of 2 states in the US, North Dakota and South Dakota - South Dakota has a capital called Pierre - Pierre is a French name and the French equivalent of Peter - Peter Davidson was one of the first Dr.Who's, the current Dr. Who is played by Christopher Eccleston - Christopher Eccleston shares the same Christian name as Christopher Cross, who was born in Texas - Texas is where Zane Lowe has been as part of 'Radio 1's In New Music We Trust' tour, while Westwood was in Atlanta-Georgia which is of course the home state of REM which links us too - REM 'Losing My Religion'

Carpark Catchphrase
Scott from Glasgow (2) took on
Liam from Scotland (0)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9233">>Thursday 24th March - What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up