The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Playlist

1: The Bravery – An Honest Mistake, 2: Chemical Brothers – Galvanize, 3: Nelly – Hot in Herre, 4: Kasabian – Club Foot, 5: Shapeshifters – Back to Basics, 6: Aled – (Is This The Way To) Aberystwyth, 7: Bloody Keane – Everybody’s Changing, 8: Avril Lavigne – Complicated, 9: Mario – Let Me Love You, 10: The Coral – In the Morning, 11: Tomcraft – Loneliness, 12: Phantom Planet – California, 13: Razorlight – Somewhere Else, 14: Gwen Stefani feat. Eve – Rich Girl, 15: Embrace – Ashes, 16: Dream Warriors – My Definition of a Boombastic Jazz Style (tedious link), 17: Stereophonics – Dakota, 18: Freeloaders feat. The Real Thing – So Much Love To Give, 19: Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh, 20: Darkness – Thing Called Love

Billie Piper in “quite amusing actually” shocker

Today’s much-anticipated Billie Piper interview proved a pleasant surprise. She seems to have metamorphosed from a silly denim-clad bouncing pubescent dirty-old-man-fodder caterpillar, through the chrysalis of that whole Chris Evans farrago, and has now blossomed into an amusing (and marginally posher than I remember) butterfly. Yeah, how about that for a running metaphor…

The arrival of Billie was heralded by a selection of amusing faux-facts about the pop poppet, the most amusing of which perhaps being the revelation that she is in fact the child of Maris Piper. Chris and Dave mentioned how they broke Billie (for want of a better phrase) when she was just 16, and it seemed like there was a bit of showbiz-great-matery going on, but it wasn’t particularly unpalatable, for a change.

What follows is a “hurrah” and “boo” -based summary of the Billie Piper interview:

Hurrah for Piper being unable to remember what songs she “co-wrote”, and fully managing to do self-deprecating humour. Boo at Piper not having anywhere to live at the moment. Hurrah for Piper “revealing” that Richie from Five (or 5ive, if you’re a pedant, which I am) used to wear make up. Marginally boo at Piper for being all “oh I hate to see myself on TV”. Hurrah for Piper stating that Dave is a “hottie” but that nobody is hotter than little wee Aled. Boo for Piper having to be in the same drama school class as horse-faced jazz-pap tunesmith Amy bloody Winehouse. Hurrah for Piper saying “shit” on breakfast radio. Hurrah for Piper saying that girls clothes can be “quite complex sometimes”. Hurrah for Piper being squinty when minus her spectacles.

As one can see, “hurrah” outweighed “boo”, and therefore this may be classified as A Good Interview.

Potential DVD action

Further to Piper being amazed by Dave’s “cerise” face when he does his big ramble thing, and Dave explaining how much it freaks him out when Aled watches him intently whilst he does it, it was suggested that the team might release a behind-the-scenes DVD so that the listening public can enjoy the spectacle for themselves. Rachel actively scoffed at this, so Chris called for a text-based show of metaphorical hands, as to who would buy such a thing. At last count, the figure was in the thousands. Perhaps they could use the profits from the DVD to bribe Ant and Dec to come on the show…

Car Park Catchphrase

Today’s CPC involved “Unmarried housewife” Gemma from Bridgend vs “ambulance lady with poor hearing” Jenny from Lincoln. Gemma got “Goody two-shoes” straight away, Jenny struggled with “I’m alright Jack” for a bit before getting it, and “Pulling teeth” was indeed a bit like pulling teeth. Chris as usual displayed a general disdain for the contestants. Business as usual.

Other Stuff

Chris was feeling a bit rough today, suffering perhaps from some form of man-flu. He struggled through though, ever the consummate professional. Following listener advice to eat some of Dave’s grapes, Chris proceeded to chew audibly for a good 20 seconds. It just sounded spitty.

Chris and Dave suggested a Moyles-inspired tour of Leeds, taking in such sights as Topshop (where Chris’s illustrious broadcasting career sort of began), Chris’s brother’s old bar (which is now some sort of den of iniquity and full of stripping ladies) and a big mental hospital place…

Kristian Schmidt who used to be Todd in Neighbours is a tour guide on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. How the mighty have fallen. He used to go out with Phoebe you know, then he got run over, crossing the road trying to stop her terminating their baby. Neighbours is great, and the team agree. Dave remembers when it used to have orange titles. I think he’s making that up…

It was Sophie’s birthday today, and there was a very nice G4-esque rendition of “Happy Birthday” from Chris, Dave and Aled. Not everybody enjoys G4. Dave called them “the Kings of Dump”, but that was related to something else entirely.

In Guess Who town, Dom saw Christopher Eccleston trotting around outside HMV in London, and Chris saw Amy Winehouse and her equine face.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up