The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Playlist

1: Lostprophets: Last Train Home, 2: Estelle – Free, 3: The Bravery – Honest Mistake, 4: Outkast – The Way You Move, 5: Sterophonics – Dakota, 6: 50 Cent – In Da Club, 7: Natasha Bedingfield – I Bruise Easily, 8: Kelis – Trick Me, 9: Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh, 10: Toploader – Dancing In The Moonlight, 11: Snoop Doggy Dogg ft. Justin Timberlake – Signs, 12: Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out, 13: Eminem – Lose Yourself, 14: Athlete – Wires, 15: Stone Roses – I Am The Resurrection (tedious link), 16: U2 – Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, 17: Mariah Carey – It’s Like That, 18: Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl, 19: Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood, 20: Terri Walker – Whoops-A-Daisy

Domestic Bliss (or not)

A fair amount of today’s show centred on discussions of the team’s latest furniture purchases and building works and general neighbour issues.

Chris is having a new bathroom fitted (Carrie suggested he meant a “wet room”, which is essentially a bathroom with no boundaries, but as Dave said they’re “just a fad”). He’s experiencing a lot of dust, and not even in a funny Marjorie Dawes kind of way. He also took the opportunity to have a moan about his upstairs neighbours (clog-wearers with wooden floors, apparently) who have in turn been taking the opportunity to have a moan about the drilling in his flat, because it had been waking their baby. Dominic suggested a “baby-drilling rota”, which sounds far less ominous when spoken, with intonation and stuff, than when written down. Nobody suggested drilling babies, just to make that clear. Man alive, baby drilling on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show… Steve Wright would be spinning in his grave, were he to be dead.

Dave is living in fear of a time when he may have some work done on his bathroom and this may result in Mrs Dave not being able to go for a bath when football’s on TV, so at some point he might have to not watch the match and actually talk to her. About “curtains and stuff” according to Chris. Fair point, birds do love talking about soft furnishings.

The main furniture-based event today was the impending arrival of Rachel’s sofa. It was due to arrive between 12pm and 3pm (which, as Dave very rightly said, was “a good window”). It later transpired that both Longman and Rob DJ are currently awaiting delivery of their own sofas. When asked how she imagined she would feel about her new sofa, Rachel replied “very proud”, which is emotional.

Rugby Boringness

A few minutes wasted with a really long conversation about the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League. Something about the number of players, the points for a try, and generally which is better. All because they gave tickets away for some 6 Nations matches on the show. It’s all about blokes with their heads up each others’ bums, as far as I can see…

Random References to extinct TV shows

Chris was amused by the lengthiness of the theme of Give Us A Clue (not only tuneful, but informative, setting both the rules of the game and that episodes celebrity guests to music). The episode chosen for today’s show featured Gorden Kaye (“Rrrrrene!”), Suzanne Dando and Bruce Grobelaar, which is in itself quite funny.

Conversation moved on to a vague discussion of Through the Keyhole and the laughable ineptitude of the contestants (“let’s consider the evidence – the golf clubs, the Ryder Cup Trophy, the personalised Nick Faldo numberplate – who lives in a house like this?” “Er, is it a sportsman?” “Yeees…” “Er, is It David Beckham?”).

Later in the show, Chris and Dave indulged in a bout of On The Buses’ Blakey impressions, which were marginally radio-unfriendly being as they involved a lot of the chin.

Car Park Catchphrase

Dave from South Woodham Ferrers vs from Leon from Plymouth. It always amazes me the calibre of retard they get on this bit of the show. “Don’t cut your nose off to spite your face” became “Don’t cut your nose off your face”, “Don’t cut your nose off madam”, “Don’t put your nose on your face”… Absolute losers. Today’s Car Park Catchphrase was perhaps most notable for the mildly scary Leon, a gravel-delivering lapdancing fan…

Other Stuff

Chris says that Aled will be to blame for Peter Kay’s Tony Christie cover getting to Number One… He took the blame for Peter Andre’s “Mysterious Girl” and he’s not getting it in the neck for this too…

Dominic sported an “ill-fitting street hood” today, and Dave’s “sniffer rap” made him look “slow”.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]