The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Jamelia – Superstar, 7.00 NEWSBEAT, 2. The Chemical Brothers – Galvanize, 3. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Can’t Stop, 4. Kylie Minogue – I Believe In You, 5. Razorlight – Golden Touch, 7.30 NEWSBEAT, 6. Travis – Sing, 7. Eminem – Like Toy Soldiers, 8. Daniel Beddingfield – Wrap My Words Around You, 8.00 NEWSBEAT, 9. Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous, 10. Mary J Blige – Family Affair, 11. The Lovefreekz – Shine, 12. Blink 182 – I Miss You, 8.30 NEWSBEAT, 13. The Killers – Somebody Told Me, 14. D12 – My Band, 15. U2 – Vertigo, 16. TEDIOUS LINK: Gat Décor – Passion, 17. Gwen Stefani – What U Waiting 4, 18. Raghav/Frankye Maxx/Jucxi D – Angel Eyes, 9.30 NEWSBEAT, 19. Soul Central/Kathy Brown – Strings Of Life(Stronger On My Own), 20. Sean Paul/Blu Cantrell – Breathe, 21. Deep Dish - Flashdance

Today’s show got off to a great start, complete silence after Nemone’s last record, the jingles weren’t working. It’s Friday alright. He didn’t have his headphones ready or anything, not prepared this morning. He had no excuse so just blamed Aled. Chris then started messing with Dave’s headphones, and then started the show again. Good morning!

Things were going so wrong this morning, that Chris couldn’t even be bothered with the little chatter after the news at 7.00, and just went straight in to the music, that’s how much of a bad mood he was in, Johnny Vaughan to Radio 1 please! He’d calmed down by 7.15 though. Although the texters were really trying his patience this morning. He received one message informing him another station, The Pulse(Let’s rock!) were slagging him off this morning, for the new game Whatatiwhat was apparently their idea first. Let’s just hope his listeners don’t desert him for The Pulse! Chris started slagging off local radio, saying they don’t have the power to contend with him! Hmm, The Pulse does sound very good though, in association with…

Rachel came up with a new feature…Celeb Birthdays. Basically they read out the names of Celebs who are celebrating a birthday today. That’ll see The Pulse off for good! Dave found a few, complete with Blind Date theme music! So Happy Birthday if you happen to be celebrating today, you share your birthday with the likes of Nicky Butt, Billy Ocean, Martin Shaw, Phil Neville, all of these Dave missed out for complete nobodies!

“Hello, this is hypnotist Paul McKenna. Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, don’t look around the eyes…you will always listen to Chris Moyles on Radio 1…and you’re back in the room!”

RADIO 1’s STAR PUPIL:
It was Daniel Bedingfield’s turn to be put through this torture this morning, but enough about JK and Joel, he also had to spend a whole day at School with an annoying young girl, breaking his neck was nothing compared to this I’m sure! Although apparently he was very hyper this morning, to the point where Joel wanted to punch him, normally it’s the other way round! Daniel was on the phone and talking to who I assume was the competition winner, but I couldn’t hear a word of what was said! Her name was Sukie, at Alexandra Park School. Apparently she just walked out while he was stood outside, and had no idea he was there, all they needed was Cilla!

As you may have heard from Carrie’s sports bulletins this morning, former Chelsea chairman Ken Bates is offering to buy half of Leeds United. Dave said he wouldn’t want him at his club, but as Carrie is a Chelsea fan, Chris asked her opinion on him. She said considering he bought the club for a pound and made all that money for them, she doesn’t like him as a person, but as a chairman. Better or worse than Gerald Krasner?

“We’re off the bottom, we’ll soon be slightly higher.”

Carrie thinks better.

CHRIS AND DAVE’S FOOTIE PREDICTIONS:

Southampton V Liverpool
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Away Win

Birmingham V Fulham
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Draw

Chelsea V Portsmouth
Chris: Home Win, Dave: Home Win

Crystal Palace V Tottenham
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Draw

Everton V Charlton
Chris: Home Win, Dave: Home Win

Man United V Aston Villa
Chris: Draw, Dave: Home Win

Norwich V Middlesborough
Chris: Away Win, Dave: Away Win

Comedy Dave, Rachel and Aled are in Zoo Magazine this week. Aled was on the tube last night, and was sat next to a bloke reading it, he wasn’t sure whether to smile and wave at him or not when he got to that page! Rachel was famous again in her local paper in Kidderminster:

Rachel: My Mum said I had a very large spread on page 3…

(Chris and Dave start laughing)

Dave: Not something you normally hear from your Mother!

Chris said Dave looks camp, Aled looks 40 and Rachel looks like she needs her teeth doing! She had a tooth transplant apparently, don’t ask! Although, as she pointed out, she doesn’t look camp or 40, so at least she can shut her mouth! Cue loads of texts saying “Rachel is fit” etc. Anyway, please buy the magazine!
Half Time: The bit where Dave says:

LETS GET READY TO RAMBLE!!!!!
Chris had a little story from yesterday, him and Dave went for a hearing test, something to do with headphones in the new studio, etc. The only problem was, the woman giving the hearing test was deaf(Insert here an ignored “pardon” joke from Rachel). Dave rang the doorbell and she didn’t hear it! They were sat in a small, uncomfortable black room. Apparently the noises they played in their ears were so quiet, Dave nearly fell asleep!

Aled: How did you two come out of a hearing test? You’re both deaf!

Chris: Y’what?

Aled: Exactly.

Chris has got very good hearing apparently.

Rachel: That’s good.

Chris: Y’what?

Chris has heard that joke enough times today. The conversation now switched to Big Brother. Y’what?! Rachel…

Chris was taking bets on who would fall off the detox wagon first. His first suggestion was Scott Mills, followed by Laura and Neil who also work on his show. Then Comedy Dave and Dom, as they’ve both made a pact, if Dave falls off, Dom’s going with him! Carrie asked Dave how he’d cope at the footy tomorrow, but Dave said he can drink moderately. Dom isn’t so confident for Rachel, she’s going to a party with her friend Lynne, who’s also doing the detox. Today is Day 12 of 31. As it finishes on the 9th February, when they go on air on 10th Feb, first link out of the news, Chris is opening up a bottle! Next weighing on Monday with Dr Mark Hamilton.

CARPARK CATCHPHRASE:

On Line 1, it’s contestant number one:
Francesca, working in promotion, from Sarf East London: 2

On Line 2, it’s contestant number two:
Phil, a lab technician, from Caernarfon: 0

Mr Fish and Roy will be back on Monday, and I shall be back next Friday, have a good week!

ALSO ON TODAY’S SHOW:
The team thinking up new ideas for the show(Not good ones, don’t hold your breath!)
Celebrity Big Brother ramblings
Friday Footie Comp: Arsenal V Newcastle
Rachel has a toilet and a juicer

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]