Latest news postings and site updates
By G-Sizzle
I'm going to be hungover at Oktoberfest in Munich on the 21st!
Im assuming that the full show will be uploaded on here at some point?
By jc
I'll be out of the country as well, so I hope Global has the extra streaming bandwith it'll probably need for show one (at least). Kinda sad that we're losing Xfm as a brand, though. - jc
By chrysostom
I am interested as to the format of the show - I think I'll just be a podcast purist as I can't stand the adverts on XFM. Really hope this doesn't have a knock on effect on other shows on XFM as I enjoy Elis James & John Robins more than any other show in recent times. Reckon it'll be a zoo setup?
By Topher
bmstinton93 wrote:I feel it may be time to fix the tapatalk log in on my phone. Any idea why I can't get on?

No but please switch off the location sharing this time.
By bmstinton93
Topher wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:I feel it may be time to fix the tapatalk log in on my phone. Any idea why I can't get on?

No but please switch off the location sharing this time.

That's a thing? Is it off?
By Topher
Last time you posted with Tapatalk it kept telling us where you were at the bottom of the post.
By neilt0
chrysostom wrote:I am interested as to the format of the show - I think I'll just be a podcast purist as I can't stand the adverts on XFM. Really hope this doesn't have a knock on effect on other shows on XFM as I enjoy Elis James & John Robins more than any other show in recent times. Reckon it'll be a zoo setup?

xfm's podcasts appear to be "best of"s. No, thanks! Full shows or shows with the music removed, thanks!
By bmstinton93
Maybe the site's RSS feed can be updated so we can be the unofficial podcast provider, making each show available the day after Ian manages to upload it?
By James H
I wonder how Global will be with us hosting the full shows, I remember the BBC let it slide, but Chris had to take it off the iTunes official podcast list because they weren't happy with it.

Hoping Global will be equally as welcoming to our community!
By Randomisation20
This is such a great resource for Moyles enthusiasts and i have managed to introduce others to his craft
If Chris Moyles Dot Net is able to host the shows it would be brilliant!
By Johnny 1989
Just in case they aren't I think I may have to download them on the day and back them up to memory sticks just in case but hopefully Global won't mind seeing as it'll just be the chatter we're interested in and Moyles was a fan of the archive?
By yummytummy
just a thought maybe someone could get in touch with global and find out how they are feeling about us doing that. At least we would know
By Johnny 1989
Yeah I agree Chris, asking may just alert them to this, not asking at least just keeps it under the radar (with no disrespect it's probably only us few hardcore on here and elsewhere that would ever download them anyway) so I'm all for not telling them.
By bmstinton93
Yeah definitely don't ask. I'm always one for uploading the unedited shows but not for the archive. I just think they should be posted with the edited version so we can download them but then not copied over to the archive
By Topher
Johnny 1989 wrote:Yeah I agree Chris, asking may just alert them to this, not asking at least just keeps it under the radar (with no disrespect it's probably only us few hardcore on here and elsewhere that would ever download them anyway) so I'm all for not telling them.

You say that but the daily rewind podcast thing got right up the iTunes chart before Chris was asked to remove it.

I also wondered how they'd be with it, as they have commercial considerations and allowing people to listen without the adverts may make them object more than the BBC.
By James H
Topher wrote:I also wondered how they'd be with it, as they have commercial considerations and allowing people to listen without the adverts may make them object more than the BBC.

Exactly my thoughts!
By paulgannon01
My alarm clock is set. I've reinstalled TuneIn Pro so that I can listen and record the show so I don't miss much. I've installed Tapatalk too (thanks for the heads up on that one).
By Smoggy78
Hi Everyone,

I'm Nick and I'm new to this forum. I just discovered it while trying to read up on the new chris moyles show. I've been waiting for this for 3 years.
That drive to work on the last ever Radio 1 Chris Moyles show was heartbreaking, the motivation to get to work on the following Monday A.C ( After Chris ) was so hard. What station do I listen too now? Any Suggestions? Do i follow what the BBC want teh over 30s to do and go to Radio2 or go to commercial radio?

Decisions decisions!!!

Well the news was first broken to me on Sunday afternoon and I cannot wait for this new show. I hope it lives up to standards, I hope Comedy Dave isnt missed to much. We should start a twitter campaign started to show Dave how much we miss him #wemisscomedydave

So we know we have Chris, Dom and Producer Pippa.. anyone else know of anything else?
By Johnny 1989
Topher wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Yeah I agree Chris, asking may just alert them to this, not asking at least just keeps it under the radar (with no disrespect it's probably only us few hardcore on here and elsewhere that would ever download them anyway) so I'm all for not telling them.

You say that but the daily rewind podcast thing got right up the iTunes chart before Chris was asked to remove it.

I also wondered how they'd be with it, as they have commercial considerations and allowing people to listen without the adverts may make them object more than the BBC.

Ah I see, well then good job I have wifi in the hotel in Greece, I'll have to make sure I download them the day it gets uploaded :)

The only other way you could do it is to have an PM mailint list so that the show is hosted but people are alerted by PM so as not to alert others so to speak, then again that is a big responsibility for someone to take on.

Who knows, hopefully, fingers crossed, we'll be fine :)

Thank you both!!