Latest news postings and site updates
By Chris
As a Radio 1 DJ, he was undisputed master of his medium. But then came the wilderness years and now he’s a vlogger watching his viewing figures slide

Chris Moyles didn’t exactly build his career on the concept of being quiet. He was loud on Radio 1 for more than a decade; he was loud on TV, loud on novelty records, loud through books, loud on stage. But after leaving the Radio 1 breakfast show he was curiously quiet. Initially, it felt as if he was biding his time, waiting for the right moment to announce his big deal with a new radio network. Then it seemed like there might not be a big deal.

Now, two years since he left Radio 1, Chris Moyles has decided to become a YouTube star. You can see his logic: this is what all the kids are doing in 2014. YouTube is where Radio 1 seems to source all its new talent. If making YouTube videos makes normal kids famous, imagine what it could do for someone who is already famous!

Now in its eighth week, A Week in the Life of Chris Moyles is a series of five-to-10-minute vlogs that offer a glimpse behind the scenes of his existence.

Sadly for fans of the one-time self-proclaimed Saviour of Radio 1, this new venture is not going well. His first video achieved a modest 30,000 views, and within two months he’s lost almost two-thirds of that audience. To put it another way, he’s reaching less than 0.2% of the audience he took for granted just two years ago. It’s hard to imagine the established YouTube community, whose leading lights easily hit more than 1m views with each video, quaking in its boots; Tyler Oakley, Troye Sivan, Smosh and Zoella are not, it’s fair to assume, holding nightly crisis talks.

Read more here (The Guardian)
By Radio_LT
Be fair though; he's still new to the vlogging game and his videos are good. If you look at the comments on his videos, the people who are subscribed are enjoying them and that's what it's always been about for Chris; keeping HIS audience happy.
By chrysostom
Ooft, that's a depressingly spot on assessment. This sentence made me sad.

The Guardian wrote:The man who once appeared on Radio 1 promotional posters dressed as Superman has found himself trapped on Krypton.
By bmstinton93
He should have just done Strictly. It seems to be a pretty respectable reality TV show right now. Could have done him some good.
By FLAME
Chris has had so many bites of the cherry with tv chat shows, game shows etc. Sadly he never cut the mustard in TV land. He always looked shabby. His suite sleeves where always a little too long (just like that kid we all knew at school with the oversized blazer!) However that being said, the guy made a shed load of money so let's just hope he saved or soundly invested it. If not then "I'm a celebrity get me out of here or celeb big brother" looms. Then again, I don't even think they want him!

oh to be rattling around in a posh flat in London with nothing to do. 8)
By And on line 2
Very sad.

I have not listened to Radio1 by choice since he left. The replacement was rubbish.

I won't be watching any of the YT stuff. No one likes to see a giant reduced to viewing figures like that.

Put him on Radio 2 and I would listed again. Get the old team back, Tina, Dave, Dom, Aled & the sport one I'm sure it would be a hit for all us oldies that were gutted when he left.

Thank you both!!