Latest news postings and site updates
By Chris
from Mirror

For the past 10 years, he has been known as “loud-mouthed DJ” Chris Moyles. But he’s not so gobby any more... The former Radio 1 star claims that he has quit showbiz for good, just months after his embarrassing tax avoidance scheme was revealed.

Moyles, 40, is not even attempting to work these days, claiming he has officially “retired” from the world of showbiz.

His new man-of-leisure status comes after he was exposed in February as a tax avoider who had claimed to be a loss-making used car dealer. At the time, Chris claimed he’d been assured the scheme was lawful and he’d only acted on advice.

Speaking at Glastonbury, which he attended for fun rather than work, Moylesy con­­firmed: “I’m retired now. I haven’t got any plans and I’m just having a lot of fun.

"I honestly don’t know what I want to do. I’ve done a lot of time on radio and I’ve put myself out there. So, yes, I’m retired. I get to do things like this, come to Glastonbury and hang out.”

Loudmouth Chris was officially Radio 1’s most successful DJ, drawing audiences of more than eight million. He announced his departure from the show in 2012 and was replaced by Nick Grimshaw.

Since quitting, he has dabbled with acting, landing a part in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar as King Herod, and lost an impressive five stone.

Less impressive was the tax scheme, which aimed to save Moyles £1million. After a tribunal ruled against him, he admitted his mistake, saying he had learned a “valuable lesson”.

The chastened, single star, recently linked to ex-Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm, claims he is enjoying the dating scene since his weight loss.

And with admirable ambition, he has set his sights on model Cara Delevingne. He added: “I’m working out loads. Losing the weight was easy. I just had a healthy lifestyle – no diets for me.

“I’m single and I’m punching well above my weight these days. I want to date Cara thingymajig.”

Good luck with that, Chris.

Thank you both!!