Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By slaphead1982
Will anybody be able to get the red button commenary on here? A loooooong shot I know but you never know for sure.
By The Deadly
Gotta hand it to Murray he played incredibly well. I'm happy to lose a tenner after that display.
By Yudster
I have said repeatedly in the past that I didn't believe that Andy Murray would ever be more than a very good also-ran, and that he would probably never win a Slam event and definitely not Wimbledon. I haven't said that since he teamed up with Lendl, because only then did I think he started looking the part as a player. I also liked the changes in his on-court attitude, the obvious effort he made to be more media-friendly and his general improvement how he projected himself - and I became if not a fan, at least a sincere admirer.

I have never been happier to be 100% wrong about anything than I was yesterday.

And as an English person I don't think I would habitually describe myself as British - so I am very happy for Andy Murray to be a proud Scottish person. Och aye the noo and all that.
By Topher
HA94 wrote:
The Deadly wrote:I have a fiver on Djokovic straight sets. Come on Nole!

Nice of you not to be 100% patriotic.

Why should he be? If he doesn't like Murray (I don't know if he does or not), why should he support him just because he's British?
By Bonanzoid
Yudster wrote:I have said repeatedly in the past that I didn't believe that Andy Murray would ever be more than a very good also-ran, and that he would probably never win a Slam event and definitely not Wimbledon. I haven't said that since he teamed up with Lendl, because only then did I think he started looking the part as a player. I also liked the changes in his on-court attitude, the obvious effort he made to be more media-friendly and his general improvement how he projected himself - and I became if not a fan, at least a sincere admirer.

I have never been happier to be 100% wrong about anything than I was yesterday.

And as an English person I don't think I would habitually describe myself as British - so I am very happy for Andy Murray to be a proud Scottish person. Och aye the noo and all that.

I held a similar view, but yesterday was the pinnacle of what he has worked so hard to achieve. He's strived to improve every aspect of his game and I have the utmost respect for him for that. I was quite happy to hold my hands up a while ago and admit I was wrong about him, but still a British winner of Wimbledon still seemed like a pipe dream and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed yesterday. It was a dogged, determined and downright brutally effective display to overpower a man who's also an unbelievable athlete.

Move over Rafa vs Federer, it's time for Murray vs Djokovic.

Shows are up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]