Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
Woah wait a minute! Duck is a girl????

Hey Duck how you doing this afternoon? Wanna go for a picnic by the lake? Maybe eat some cheese and quackers?
By dimtimjim
DevilsDuck wrote:Did everyone think I was a man?

Yes.
By chrysostom
charlalottie wrote:Nope. Wasn't really that fussed about Up.

While there are probably loads of people that weren't bothered about it, you're the first I've met!
By chrysostom
The old man's acceptance of his wife's death

His recognition that by helping the bird protect her babies, he will be saving someone's children (something which he couldn't do with his wife)

A mild reconciliation of the child's parental issues that were in turmoil from a broken home

The hapless, confidence stricken, well meaning dog - who ended up gaining the respect of his peers who mocked him

The wife's final act in letting the old man know that he should move on and be happy.

(I really like Up)
By JayE
chrysostom wrote:The old man's acceptance of his wife's death

His recognition that by helping the bird protect her babies, he will be saving someone's children (something which he couldn't do with his wife)

A mild reconciliation of the child's parental issues that were in turmoil from a broken home

The hapless, confidence stricken, well meaning dog - who ended up gaining the respect of his peers who mocked him

The wife's final act in letting the old man know that he should move on and be happy.

(I really like Up)

Yeah. Good film that.
By Yudster
I haven't seen it but from your description it sounds hackneyed, cliched and derivative.
By The Deadly
Yudster wrote:I haven't seen it but from your description it sounds hackneyed, cliched and derivative.

It's a Disney film. There is always an agenda and a message. Even Bambi was riddled with hidden messages and propaganda.
By chrysostom
Yudster wrote:I haven't seen it but from your description it sounds hackneyed, cliched and derivative.

Aren't all Disney films? Your hipster judgement seems to lack context.

Not to mention that a few of the issues I posted were subtext, and never overtly mentioned or pointed out by any of the characters...
Last edited by chrysostom on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By a-moron
Deadly wrote:

It's a Disney film. There is always an agenda and a message. Even Bambi was riddled with hidden messages and propaganda.

Yeah. Don't let a deer go on ice. It'll fall on it's arse.
By Nicola_Red
I don't like them either. Which can be an issue in my job, but I manage to avoid them most of the time.
By Yudster
#1 Does Duck have a vajazzle

Editing gap to come for a few days.