Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrisjames
It's true that he has gone http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml Chris Moyles wil be gutted to hear this news.Jimmy Savile was one of the original Radio One DJs and was allegedely the first ever DJ in the country back in the 40s .Plus he came from Leeds like Chris.A true legend RIP Sir Jimmy :(
Last edited by chrisjames on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chrisjames
Bas wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Apparently Jimmy Saville has died. :( Massive Oh No! :(

Watch the press during the next few weeks.
If what i heard about him is true (& to be honest , i hope not) the stories that will emerge will make your hair curl.

The mans just died.There's no need to mention stuff like that allready .Even if he did some bad things its outweighed by all the good stuff he did for charity.Have some respect,at least for today!
By Bas
chrisjames wrote:
Bas wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Apparently Jimmy Saville has died. :( Massive Oh No! :(

Watch the press during the next few weeks.
If what i heard about him is true (& to be honest , i hope not) the stories that will emerge will make your hair curl.

The mans just died.There's no need to mention stuff like that allready .Even if he did some bad things its outweighed by all the good stuff he did for charity.Have some respect,at least for today!

Theres bad & then theres BAD.
By DevilsDuck
He was Michael Jackson? No way...he wasn't white enough!
By Bas
DevilsDuck wrote:He was Michael Jackson? No way...he wasn't white enough!

Funnily enough, theres rumoured to be more in common there than you'd think.
By Yudster
I was a kid when Jimmy Savile was huge - Jim'll Fix It and all that - he always made my flesh creep. I have no idea what kind of a person he was, but if we are going to speculate about stuff we ought also to mention the MASSIVE amount of charity work and money he raised during his life - particularly for Stoke Mandeville Hospital. Also, he was the first celebrity fun-runner to do marathons for charity - he spawned a whole new way for famous people to do a bit of good in the world.

Still made my flesh creep though.
By Boboff
£40 million he raised for kids charities, lived with his Mum most of his life, once gave Benny Hill a blow job.
By Nicola_Red
DevilsDuck wrote:He was killed by Conrad Murray? Jesus christ

Careful there. It might not be possible to libel Jimmy Saville now, but you can definitely still libel Conrad Murray...
By Bas
Go straight to 3 min 30 sec in, & then watch what happens at 3.54! 8-O
Unless you're a Nolans fan, which i'm sort of guessing none of you are.

By hdsport82
Yudster wrote: if we are going to speculate about stuff we ought also to mention the MASSIVE amount of charity work and money he raised during his life - particularly for Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

Unfortunately even that goes into the territory of one of the worst (and most common) rumours, Freddy Royle etc.
By catherine
I walk through the National Spinal Centre most days of the week. I see the patients laughing, smiling, joking, so thankful to still be alive despite losing so much. Knowing what they have to go through everyday, It's not just a case of they can't walk any more, biologically there is so much more involved. So personally any person that recognises their struggle and wants to do something to improve services for these patients that need to be in hospital for years, to go out of their way and raise 20 million pounds and know how much that money has done for the centre is just amazing. RIP.
By Yudster
What Cat said. Except I think its more like £40 million isn't it?

I'm not suggesting that if a criminal raises money for charity, that makes his criminal activity ok. I am just saying that as far as Jimmy Savile is concerned, we don't know that he was a criminal but we DO know what good he did, so for the moment at least let's focus on that?.
By Yudster
I love you Boboff.
By Munki Bhoy
RIP Smoking Joe. One of the greatest boxers in what was probably boxing's greatest era.
By dreamer1978
My thoughts are with the Red Arrows who have lost another member of its Reds team. So my thoughts go out to the reds and the blues (the ground crew) who will be completely shattered. No long after Flt Lt Jon Egging's passing and the memorial service.
By Nicola_Red
Rapper Heavy D has passed away suddenly at age 44. RIP.
By Ilovematt
dreamer1978 wrote:My thoughts are with the Red Arrows who have lost another member of its Reds team. So my thoughts go out to the reds and the blues (the ground crew) who will be completely shattered. No long after Flt Lt Jon Egging's passing and the memorial service.

Very sad :( R I P
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]