Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By a-moron
chrysostom wrote:I'm in 100% agreement with theflyingbadger!

Haha, I like the cut of your jib Mr Chrys. That did made me chuckle.

dimtimjim wrote:Golf; The only time your missus lets you go out to handle your shaft and stick ya balls in 18 different holes.

...and she is blissfully unaware of your penchant for playing the wrong hole.

Nicola_Red wrote:*cough*let's try to stay on topic*cough*

Balls to that.
By a-moron
For * sake. Don't think I can take much more of this!

*HEAD EXPLODES*
By Yudster
theflyingbadger has died of an exploding head. Oh no! RIP badger.
By MK Chris
Jim Marshall - a name that many may not have heard of - has died. He was founder of Marshall Amplification, a company based in Milton Keynes that is recognised around the world. I imagine Nicola_Red and Zoot know far more about the company itself to me, but locally he's a well-known man and I thought it was worth a mention, as his company is very well-known!
By Nicola_Red
That definitely is worth a mention. I'm not a guitarist, but Marshall amps are known for being the best, they're all my ex has ever used. RIP.
By Johnny 1989
Another person that many on here may not know, Peter Wragg the man responsible for the original Red Dwarf & Starbug models, along with many visual effects on old BBC Sci-Fi shows has passed away aged 65.

RIP Peter Wragg :(
By slaphead1982
Johnny 1989 wrote:Another person that many on here may not know, Peter Wragg the man responsible for the original Red Dwarf & Starbug models, along with many visual effects on old BBC Sci-Fi shows has passed away aged 65.

They should have kept him for series 7 & 8. The CG versions where rubbish. I only know his work from Red Dwarf and he done a good job on that.
R.I.P.
By Johnny 1989
slaphead1982 wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Another person that many on here may not know, Peter Wragg the man responsible for the original Red Dwarf & Starbug models, along with many visual effects on old BBC Sci-Fi shows has passed away aged 65.

They should have kept him for series 7 & 8. The CG versions where rubbish. I only know his work from Red Dwarf and he done a good job on that.
R.I.P.

He did do some work for Series VII however by that point the show had been off for three years, the studio they filmed in demolished & the new studio was a quarter of a size, what model shots you do see in Series VII are his.

Sadly he never got to work on Series X but the new shots have been done by the same bloke who worked on the miniatures for the film Moon

Either way, still sad to hear Peter Wragg go, he'll always be remembered by fans of Red Dwarf as been the man responsible for the Red Dwarf & Starbug models.
By Senninha25
Oh no. (Although I seriously and hilariously misread "flautist")
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17767264

The flautist for Men At Work has died. Oh No. I love Safety Dance.

And I'm sure "Men without Hats" love that you loved their 80s classic...

Those who made "Down under" are gutted at the loss of their flautist though.
By Bas
Levon Helm of The Band has died aged 71. :(

Not one for the teenagers but truly a sad loss.

By Yudster
Oh No - Bert Weedon, he of the Play In A Day guitar tutor books, has died. Anyone old enough to remember Mike Read's breakfast show on R1 back in the early 80's will know all about Bert Weedon.

Oh no.
By bmstinton93
Yudster wrote:Anyone old enough to remember Mike Read's breakfast show on R1 back in the early 80's

I'm looking forward to saying exactly the same about Chris Moyles on JameelaJamil.net in 20 years time.
By Yudster
Bless you - when you do, remember me!
By chrisjames
Disability rights campaigner Jack Ashley has died aged 89. Withut him disabled people would not have the rights and benefits they enjoy these days,Just a shame that the tory b******* Cameron is trying to take them away again

Jack Ashley, national hero, R.I.P
By bmstinton93
chrisjames wrote:Just a shame that the tory b******* Cameron is trying to take them away again

Chris wrote:No purposefully getting around the swear filter - if you're happy to read it you can disable it in your User Control Panel
By Nicola_Red
Thankyou Ben :)
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Just a shame that the tory b******* Cameron is trying to take them away again

Chris wrote:No purposefully getting around the swear filter - if you're happy to read it you can disable it in your User Control Panel

Was it swearing? There are too many *s to be Bastard or Bollock.

It could be Butthole, or Bumerboy, or Bellface....? Any better offers?!
By MK Chris
To be fair to chrisjames, I thought he wasn't so much getting around the swear filter as censoring himself.

Wednesday and Thursday are up (Tuesday needs a fix[…]