Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Nicola_Red
Perhaps I missed some of what he said. I'll have to listen again at some point. All I remembered was a brief mention of the Coldplay vid, at which point he didn't know Adam/MCA's name.
By MK Chris
Deadly wrote:Vidal Sassoon has died. Or if you want to be witty he has dyed.....

Ha, I saw Tim Vine say he'd 'dyed' on Twitter this morning and just assumed it was a joke. (His follow up tweet was also is it too Sassoon for jokes?)
By a-moron
Just remembered you could do this -

This post was made by chrisjames who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Super.
By Nicola_Red
Donald 'Duck' Dunn, an influential blues and soul bassist and former member of Booker T and the MGs, died yesterday aged 70. RIP.
By Yudster
That gets a very sad "oh no" from me. She was sexy and cool and made great records. Oh no.
By MadTheEddos
Oh no. Her music career was before my time and I'd not heard much from her probably because of that, but I know what a legend she clearly was.
I just checked out the photos of her on Zimbio and there are some of her singing live just a few months ago - she looks gorgeous, you'd never guess she was in her 60s, and you'd certainly never guess she wasn't well.
This is a real shame.
By English Bob
Nicola_Red wrote:Donald 'Duck' Dunn, an influential blues and soul bassist and former member of Booker T and the MGs, died yesterday aged 70. RIP.

This.

Like many others, I first saw Dunn in The Blues Brothers, which I was a massive fan of when I was young. I remember my mum videotaping it for me when it was on late at night, even though I was far too young to really be watching films with bad language in :D

I didn't even know Dunn had died until I put 6Music on on Sunday afternoon, and Huey Morgan played a wonderful half hour tribute to Dunn, playing songs he played bass on. You really don't realise how many big blues hits had Dunn playing bass in the background!

Listen to the Dunn tribute here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01hlfd1 it's about an hour in.

Couldn't resist posting Dunn's only line in the Blues Brothers :D

By chrisjames
That really is sad news,esp after he seemed to be recovering from his recent bout of bad health and coming out his coma :( Another musical legend gone after Donna Summers. I really do hope that there wil be a Bee Gees song on the show tomorrow as a tribute.I k now its not 'target audience' but who cares!
By yummytummy
Crowded House drummer Peter Jones has died at the age of 45
By Nicola_Red
bmstinton93 wrote:Massive Oh No. Apparently Robin Gibb has died. :( Wasn't he the last one left as well?

No, Barry's still alive!
By R94N
bmstinton93 wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Donna Summers

Who?

She was a singer who became popular during the 1970s disco era.
By chrysostom
Wikipedia wrote:LaDonna Adrian Gaines (December 31, 1948 – May 17, 2012), known by the stage name Donna Summer, was an American singer-songwriter who gained prominence during the disco era of the late 1970s

she was.
By Nicola_Red
No, I noticed. But you can actually see it swooping right over chrisjames' head.
By Yudster
And everyone else's nearly. For clarity's sake, Donna SUMMER is not the same as Donna SUMMERS. Everyone happy? Good.
By R94N
bmstinton93 wrote:Ok obviously only me who noticed the sacrilege typo / spelling mistake

Oh yeah, sorry. Didn't notice that.
By SAV1OUR
The inventor of the TV remote control has died at the age of 96. He will be buried in the last place you think to look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18164200

RIP, and as Eugene Polley gave such a valuable tool to the world, people still dont know where the off button is, and continue to complain over such trivial things!
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:Rumours going round Twitter that Malcom Glazer has died. As yet unconfirmed by anywhere official.

Apparently its a hoax. I was going to buy a Krispy Kreme Glazed donut in tribute but I'll cancel my plans now.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]