Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By a-moron
It's alright, he comes back as the white wizard in the next one.
By Bonanzoid
His death isn't confirmed, nor is his capture.
BBC wrote:A US State Department official has told the BBC that at this time they cannot confirm media reports of the capture of killing of Muammar Gaddafi.
By Yudster
I heard he had been captured, injured in both legs. I have seen some pretty official looking reports of that, but nothing other than people saying it on here or on Twitter to make me think he is dead.
By Yudster
Well I have now seen a fairly official looking report saying he is dead, having been shot in both legs and the head. Given also that that picture looks like him, and also looks like he has been shot in the head, I am beginning to think it could be true. That picture also looks like he is still alive, there appears to be some degree of expression in the eyes - if that is the case, and if that was him, well, it looked like it hurt anyway.
By a-moron
That baby in the picture reminds me of the kid from 2 and a half men. When he was a wee chubby at the begining mind. Not the weird teen freak he has now become.
By chrisjames
It is never good to celebrate the deatrh of a human being.But I'm always prepared to make an exception for a genocidal dictator.Anypone know where you can buy a nice bottle of champagne? :)
By nade
chrisjames wrote:It is never good to celebrate the deatrh of a human being.But I'm always prepared to make an exception for a genocidal dictator.Anypone know where you can buy a nice bottle of champagne? :)

Can provide some buckfast, often used to toast or celebrate things round here like birthdays, deaths, new babys, new jobs, being fired, passing a driving test, your football team winning at the weekend, Friday night out, Saturday night out, Sunday night out, Monday night out, Tuesday night out... think you get the idea.

Those monks are onto a good thing ain't they.
By Bonanzoid
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm aware he's not (or wasn't) the most likable chap in the world, but it still doesn't feel right to revel in anyone's death.
By foot-loose
theflyingbadger wrote:It's alright, he comes back as the white wizard in the next one.

Just proper lolled.

It's been a while since that happened. Well done.
By Yudster
I'm with Bonanzoid. I wouldn't say that his death causes me any unhappiness, but I think I would have preferred him to have lived to face the consequences of what he has done. I haven't got an "oh no" for him though.
By SAV1OUR
A certain Murdoch rag seems hellbent on showing many pictures of his corpse - wheres the pleasure in that?

Revenge is sweet - I get that bit, but please spare us your 'gallery', surprised they didn't show Saddam swinging after seeing that.
By DevilsDuck
nade wrote:
chrisjames wrote:It is never good to celebrate the deatrh of a human being.But I'm always prepared to make an exception for a genocidal dictator.Anypone know where you can buy a nice bottle of champagne? :)

Can provide some buckfast, often used to toast or celebrate things round here like birthdays, deaths, new babys, new jobs, being fired, passing a driving test, your football team winning at the weekend, Friday night out, Saturday night out, Sunday night out, Monday night out, Tuesday night out... think you get the idea.

Those monks are onto a good thing ain't they.

I live near Buckfast Abbey...those monks are mad! But they dont drink the stuff and think its lethal!
By R94N
SAV1OUR wrote:A certain Murdoch rag seems hellbent on showing many pictures of his corpse - wheres the pleasure in that?

Revenge is sweet - I get that bit, but please spare us your 'gallery', surprised they didn't show Saddam swinging after seeing that.

Yeah, I'll pass on seeing pictures of dead bodies.
By a-moron
Very good kris-os-tum, a sinister wizard if ever there was one.

Sinister Wizard. Great name for a 70's prog rock band.
By Senninha25
Marco Simoncelli, a really big "Oh no" from me.
One of the most talented MotoGP riders had a horrific crash, so horrific that his helmet was torn off. And this comes a week after Dan Wheldon's crash so we might see more media attention around motorsport.
Very, very sad week for a sport that I love so much.
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli :(
By Bas
bmstinton93 wrote:Apparently Jimmy Saville has died. :( Massive Oh No! :(

Watch the press during the next few weeks.
If what i heard about him is true (& to be honest , i hope not) the stories that will emerge will make your hair curl.

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]