Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By foot-loose
Chris wrote:What about a sticky 'Oh no, they've died?' thread? It might at least restrict it to one place while providing the information for people who use chrismoyles.net as their main source of international death-related news.

I'm only doing this because of the promised stickied thread!

And, on a more serious note...

Captain Birdseye has gone to the big freezer in the sky and is now in the safe arms of Cod.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7302554.stm
By Yudster
foot-loose wrote:
Captain Birdseye has gone to the big freezer in the sky and is now in the safe arms of Cod.

He is sleeping with the fishies indeed.
By Console
Are you suggesting that he had a paraphilia involving fish? I think someone may have grounds for a libel case against you there, Yudster.
By Yudster
I know - what's wrong with me lately?

Answers on a postcard...........
By Yudster
Nope, evidence points to something other than that. Still, reasonable assumption I guess.
By wurzel
Yudster wrote:Nope, evidence points to something other than that. Still, reasonable assumption I guess.

Up the duff. AKA Pregnant
By MK Chris
wurzel wrote:AKA Pregnant

While you may need certain things explained to you, the majority of us don't need things like this spelled out.
By Vivienne
I don't like death related news stuff at all.. anyhow, I listen to Newsbeat, and have already heard all the doom & gloom anyhow.
By MK Chris
I think we should make predictions in this thread at the start of each year as to who we think will die.. since the year has all started, I'll like to kick us off:

Thatcher
Castro
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Um.. I'm struggling to think now actually.
By Vivienne
That's horrible, tophs! Still, I would say:-

1. Thatcher (agreed).
2. Zane Lowe (please, o please).
3. Topher!! :-)
By wurzel
Topher wrote:I think we should make predictions in this thread at the start of each year as to who we think will die.. since the year has all started, I'll like to kick us off:

Thatcher
Castro
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Excuse my ignorance, but who's Castro?
By Bonanzoid
My mates and myself did this 3 years back, the Death Sweepstake. I took Castro then, but he never died so I didn't get my tenner. Dammit.
By MK Chris
It's people you think will die, not people you hope will die. That's a completely different subject altogether.
By wurzel
Vivienne wrote:"google", Wurz... "google"!

You wasted a post saying that when you couldve just said who it is?!
By MK Chris
wurzel wrote:
Topher wrote:I think we should make predictions in this thread at the start of each year as to who we think will die.. since the year has all started, I'll like to kick us off:

Thatcher
Castro
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Fidel Castro
By Bonanzoid
wurzel wrote:

Thatcher
Castro
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Are. You. Having. A. Laugh?!?! For the love of God, read this.
By Vivienne
But I've saved you making many other, "who's this, who's that, who's the other" posts.
By MK Chris
Bonanzoid wrote:
wurzel wrote:

Thatcher
Castro
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Are. You. Having. A. Laugh?!?! For the love of God, read this.

Haha. Quality.
By wurzel
Vivienne wrote:But I've saved you making many other, "who's this, who's that, who's the other" posts.

Not really.

Cheers Tophs. I'm only young and i didnt learn about that sort of thing in history in school. Plus i didnt take History at GCSE level.
By MK Chris
You don't necessarily need to know your history as know your current affairs to know who he is. He's been in the news very recently, quite a few times.
By Vivienne
I heard him on the news only last week, but even supposing you don't know, "google" is the obvious next step. :-)

Thank you both!!