Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
User avatar
By jamiec21
#432391
neilt0 wrote:OK, for users of Usenet, and thanks to another forum user (who wants remain anonymous, but is now officially a megastar), a broadcast-quality capture of most of the Red Button TV Show is now going up.

Part one is now up:

header:
Code: Select allchrismoyles.net.marathon.show.01.Hours1-3.01-Weds-6.30-9.30

URL for NZB: http://www.binsearch.info/?q=chrismoyle ... 00&server=

This is a red-button stream captured directly on a PC via a DVB-S2 satellite tuner card from the start until 2.11am Friday (after which it failed). The total size is roughly 43GB (for all 43.5 hours).
It will continue in 3 hour segments up to around 2am on the Friday morning. I'll post in this thread as new segments go up.

We should hopefully be able to fill in the remaining 8.5 hours with other captures from lovely people.


Beautiful stuff. I think I can get good chunks of those last few hours up, I watched Dev's Friday show without issues, so I need to work out if I can get that raw file onto my PC, if not, it'll be a via DVD route. Give me a couple of days to work things out, although if someone else can provide them, that'd be great.
User avatar
By jamiec21
#432392
A good ISP should provide you with a Usenet service free-of-charge, although it won't be as good as a paid subscription. However, the paid services are best improved by their extended retention (i.e. you'll be able to access files for, say, 2 months after they were uploaded.) An ISP usenet account will only hold them for a few days. I'm on Virgin Media and have just gone onto alt.binaries.tv and it looks as though it goes back 7 days.
Last edited by jamiec21 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By c_radical
#432393
neilt0 wrote:
c_radical wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what's the best way of going about setting up Usenet? I'm a massive torrent and DDL user but never ventured into Usenet really.


viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22240&hilit=usenet&start=40#p422007

The server mentioned above may not be active. Personally, I'd used SABnzbd and a free trial from somewhere like GigaNews -- you can get a free 14-day trial from GN.

Here's another guide: http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroups_Guide

Usenet is not as easy to get going with as Torrents, but it's the best way to maximise your line speed.

Thanks for the advice mate. All sorted so far with Giganews; downloading the files now. Hopefully the last couple of hours can be obtained from somewhere in the same format as this.
User avatar
By neilt0
#432394
Here are screen grabs of the three caps posted so far, which may help in deciding which one is best for you:

richbrown's MP4:
Image


thebox xvid:
Image


DVB-S2 Transport Stream (posted to Usenet):
Image

ETA: The music on the DVB-S2 cap sounds incredible! Normally I skip through the music on the show, but it sounds amazing on me stereo:

Code: Select allAudio
Format                           : MPEG Audio
Format version                   : Version 1
Format profile                   : Layer 2
Mode                             : Joint stereo
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz


ETA 2: Did the forum software resize the pics?! Never mind....
Last edited by neilt0 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bmstinton93
#432395
Right I'm confused. I've done an update with all the audio that Ian has uploaded but I'm really confused with all these links to torrent sites that have been uploaded here. Someone's gonna have to help me out here with what links are worthwile
User avatar
By Travis Bickle
#432396
Ok, I'm an idiot but I have no idea what torrents and seeds are about.

Simple question: will the videos of the marathon be available by simple download anywhere anyime soon?

BTW, I do appreciate the work you all put in, but I have no idea what you are talking about :(

It would be great if all the vids wee on disc.
By bmstinton93
#432397
I get torrents but I think they are a bad idea for this simply because all these sites you are using are stupid private ones and surely people want to be able to download these in the future and don't want to rely on seeders.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#432398
I know what you mean Ben but I can't see any way other than torrents given the size of the files, altho admittedly my knowledge of this stuff is a bit limited as well.

Travis Bickle wrote:It would be great if all the vids were on disc.


Someone who downloads the Usenet stream (or torrents if and when we have them) could burn it onto discs, but that would be a time-consuming and relatively thankless task.
By bmstinton93
#432399
You don't wanna update this for me do you? I don't have a clue what I'm doing now as there has been several links posted like usenet and stuff which I don't know what to do with
User avatar
By neilt0
#432400
Here's a tip if you like watching what happens when the music is on. Normally, the video goes in to a small window when a record is being played, which makes it hard to see what's going on -- I've watched the bit when Davina goes crazy dancing in the middle of the night and missed most of it, because it was in that little window.

If you are watching the recordings using Media Player Classic, you can set up a custom "Pan and Scan setting.

Use these settings:

Image

Here it is before:

Image

And after:

Image

You can snap back to the normal view when the song ends by hitting "Numpad 5".
By DarroM
#432401
nicola_red wrote:I know what you mean Ben but I can't see any way other than torrents given the size of the files, altho admittedly my knowledge of this stuff is a bit limited as well.

Travis Bickle wrote:It would be great if all the vids were on disc.


Someone who downloads the Usenet stream could burn it onto discs, but that would be a time-consuming and relatively thankless task.


Honestly though, I'd be willing to pay for those discs whoever has the good quality ones recorded because quite frankly,downloading all the files would take ages due to the fact its over 50 hours of stuff and unfortunately I am on a stupid 40GB usage limit per month and since my Internet is kind of crap during the evening time at the moment, probably have exceeded that or near it although I don't see how.

So whoever has the shows on disc, let's talk to negoiate a price because I would really like to have them in my collection! :)
Last edited by DarroM on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By neilt0
#432402
bmstinton93 wrote:Right I'm confused. I've done an update with all the audio that Ian has uploaded but I'm really confused with all these links to torrent sites that have been uploaded here. Someone's gonna have to help me out here with what links are worthwile


Part of what's confusing is that it's not clear what's audio and what's video. It seems a lot of the links are for audio. I can't see any point anyone posting audio when you can get it for free from BBC iPlayer and download it all with Radio Downloader or similar? All the stuff I've posted is about video, but it needs clarifying.

I've posted links to posts on usenet and am happy to consolidate these when the posting is compete (it will take a while).
By bmstinton93
#432403
The main reason for the audio is that you can only get the audio for a week and it saves us all downloading it. And also all the audio that Ian has posted is edited
User avatar
By neilt0
#432404
bmstinton93 wrote:I get torrents but I think they are a bad idea for this simply because all these sites you are using are stupid private ones and surely people want to be able to download these in the future and don't want to rely on seeders.


Stuff posted on usenet currently is retained for 2.5 years with most providers and that retention is only increasing.
User avatar
By neilt0
#432405
bmstinton93 wrote:The main reason for the audio is that you can only get the audio for a week and it saves us all downloading it. And also all the audio that Ian has posted is edited


Good point, well made.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#432406
bmstinton93 wrote:You don't wanna update this for me do you? I don't have a clue what I'm doing now as there has been several links posted like usenet and stuff which I don't know what to do with


To be honest I don't know that much about it either! Flatmate says that some internet providers come with free newsgroup access - we had it when we were with Zen, but we don't with Sky. So people wishing to download the usenet stream will likely already be newsgroup users and know what they're doing with the files, or will wanna find a source of free access (a couple of posts have mentioned ways to get a free period of usenet use). I think people like neilt0 are better placed than either of us to advise people using usenet for the first time!

People who don't wanna faff about with that (eg, me) will probably be waiting for a torrent, and those that don't use torrents either might just have to find a kindly soul to burn the lot onto discs for them...
User avatar
By neilt0
#432409
bmstinton93 wrote:Can't someone just upload each separate show to megaupload?


The HQ ones are way bigger than the MU 2GB limit, and also MU is blocked with many ISPs right now (including mine). I posted all the previous web streams with MU in the past, but it's a problem now.

Also, I can download the whole 43GB from Usenet in 5 hours, but it would take me 50 days (yes, days) to upload it to MegaUpload. I'm not doing that. I am happy to seed it when I get my servers back up.
The guy who has the 1 Gigabit seedbox would be the best person to post a torrent, assuming he can grab the stuff from Usenet.
User avatar
By c_radical
#432411
neilt0 wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Can't someone just upload each separate show to megaupload?


The HQ ones are way bigger than the MU 2GB limit, and also MU is blocked with many ISPs right now (including mine). I posted all the previous web streams with MU in the past, but it's a problem now.

Also, I can download the whole 43GB from Usenet in 5 hours, but it would take me 50 days (yes, days) to upload it to MegaUpload. I'm not doing that. I am happy to seed it when I get my servers back up.
The guy who has the 1 Gigabit seedbox would be the best person to post a torrent, assuming he can grab the stuff from Usenet.

As a very frequent user of Megaupload I see your point here. It's alright for premium users, but for non premium users downloading/uploading that much could be a problem due to file size limits etc. There's also the fact that the BBC could bring their copyright sticks out and delete the whole thing within days, which speaking from experience is a real pain.

However out of all non-premium services it is probably the best one.
Last edited by c_radical on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Nicola_Red
#432412
c_radical wrote:As a very frequent user of Megaupload I see your point here. It's alright for premium users, but for non premium users downloading/uploading that much could be a problem due to file size limits etc. There's also the fact that the BBC could bring their copyright sticks out and delete the whole thing within days, which speaking from experience is a real pain.


I just consulted again with the flatmate and that's pretty much exactly what he just said :)
By bmstinton93
#432415
I really don't think the BBC would bother taking it down. They would most likely not even find out about it. Especially if it was renamed something different
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 11

What was said about Dave? It was just the Debbie[…]