Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
By bmstinton93
What version of rtmpdump are you using? I'm on version 2.2 and I sure a mention on that forum of upgrading to 2.3 but I'm not quite sure how.

Btw thanks for all the help you are giving on this. It is much appreciated
By neilt0
bmstinton93 wrote:What version of rtmpdump are you using? I'm on version 2.2 and I sure a mention on that forum of upgrading to 2.3 but I'm not quite sure how.

Btw thanks for all the help you are giving on this. It is much appreciated

rtmpdump-2.2d
By ianpwilliams
I wonder if it doesn't work for me but usually does for you two because we're on different operating systems? I'm on XP, and I'm pretty sure you are both on something else?

I also wonder if it could be worth trying to use an older version of GetiPlayer, which sometimes works with other programs?

If it comes down to it, I will record the show from cable TV every day from next week. I listened to bits of the first 30mins of Neil's version, and 30mins of medium quality ripped DVD-RW audio, and 30mins of high quality ripped DVD-RW audio on my mobile phone mp3 player and earphones, and apart from the different in volume they were very similar.
By bmstinton93
I'm on Windows 7 but get_iplayer is not working atm but its a different problem entirely to yours
By neilt0
Don't mess with your install. Per the mailing list, it's clearly a problem at the Beeb's end.
By jamiec21
ianpwilliams wrote:I could really do with a digital radio, which would enable me to record the output to WAV or MP3, kind of like you used to be able to do with cassette radios. EDIT: Apparently they are available. But I can't afford £100+ right now.

128k mp2 transcoded to mp3? Ugh. That would sound dreadful. Worth plugging mp3directcut if anyone is editing down mp2s or mp3s, this piece of software can edit and cut then save without any reencoding, keeping the quality as high as possible.

I have very few issues with recording the 192k mp2 Freeview stream, then copying it over to the PC without any re-encoding. Plus with the PVR I can set it to stop well into Fearne's show so I always get all over the handovers. If anyone needs any gaps plugging in which no-one else can fill, just give me a shout.
By ianpwilliams
Yeah maybe not then. I didn't know those digital radios were 128.

So it seems we have two/three potential volunteers to upload the full shows for editing. Like I say, I recorded one show from cable TV, and ripped the audio, and apart from being quite a bit louder than usual, it was fine as far as I was concerned (after all, what comes out of the iPlayer never seems brilliant to me, background noise when they aren't talking etc). So I don't mind how we do it really.

The only pain for me is if I need to record a programme from my cable TV after I've gone to bed, in which case I can't record Moyles as well. Which reminds me, I want to set the DVD recorder to record "The Wire" tonight (I finally want to get around to watching them after everyone's raved about them so much), which means I could do with Monday's show if possible. It won't be a problem after this Monday, because they are also showing them on Wednesdays at an earlier time, so I can record them then instead.
By foot-loose
So is this still screwed for people? The Radio Downloader thread indicates that program is up and running again but I can't download it for the MAC.

?
By ianpwilliams
Hold that thought. I'm testing Radio Downloader with Friday's show now, and it might be working. also, having ran the getiplayer latest setup file, there is apparently a new script (update?), so I'm reinstalling everything for getiplayer, then I'll try downloading Friday's show with that too.

Neil, please can you remind me what copying your folder over the install folder does again? I'm wondering if I should just try the newer getiplayer install first, or if I should copy your folder over mine straight away.
By neilt0
ianpwilliams wrote:Neil, please can you remind me what copying your folder over the install folder does again? I'm wondering if I should just try the newer getiplayer install first, or if I should copy your folder over mine straight away.

It just gives you a newer (working) version of the script and required apps. Some very new versions didn't work for me, but try the latest build and see how you get on.
By bmstinton93
ianpwilliams wrote:If you can message me your email address, then I'll create a DropBox folder and invite you to join it. You'll need a DropBox account, but they are free.

I'll message you anyway and then if it does stop working again then we're ready to go
By jamiec21
ianpwilliams wrote:The only pain for me is if I need to record a programme from my cable TV after I've gone to bed, in which case I can't record Moyles as well.

Have you got a standard Virgin box or the + version (or TiVo?). I know on my Virgin PVR I can also record radio, so can transfer it to DVD later.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up