Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
Was listening to Friday 10th March 2006 episode this morning, and there's a very uncomfortable discussion between ferne cotton and Moyles.

They are talking about ferne's love life and she's talking about a man she's been dating for a bit, but he's not been in touch and he's so lovely etc etc.
as we know now that man was Lostprohets frontman and convicted child rapist and paedophile Ian Watkins.

Now obviously they weren't to know, but listening to them talk about this man knowing what we know now is highly disturbing.
I was about to move the above post into the Moyles rewind discussion thread in General and I realised it's gone! No sign in the moderator logs of it having been deleted either. Have I gone mental? Can anyone else see it?...
Nicola_Red wrote:I was about to move the above post into the Moyles rewind discussion thread in General and I realised it's gone! No sign in the moderator logs of it having been deleted either. Have I gone mental? Can anyone else see it?...

Nope. It vanished a few days ago.
Hmm. I wonder if a mod deleted it by accident. We have had a ton of spam threads recently and it would be super easy to click on the wrong one. Still can't see it in the logs though. Hey ho.
Chris wrote:The thread has been restored.

Lesson for everyone: Have a good backup strategy.

Hmm, that reminds me somewhat of the time I deleted the interviews in the sound vault by accident :)

I could move the post that started this discussion but it'll make all the subsequent posts make no sense, so I'm just gonna leave it. Feel free to re-post in the discussion thread if you like G-Sizzle :)
Nicola_Red wrote:
Chris wrote:The thread has been restored.

Lesson for everyone: Have a good backup strategy.

Hmm, that reminds me somewhat of the time I deleted the interviews in the sound vault by accident :)

I could move the post that started this discussion but it'll make all the subsequent posts make no sense, so I'm just gonna leave it. Feel free to re-post in the discussion thread if you like G-Sizzle :)

I'll just leave it here. It didn't generate that much of a discussion anyway!
How many Gig is the archive? I have to keep deleting the shows from my harddrive after I've listened to them because I already have the entire archive of Opie & Anthony shows already downloaded and these take up pretty much 90% of my memory and they are a pain in the arse to download because I got them from COUGH torrents COUGH so I don't want to delete them. I'm thinking of buying a memory stick big enough for all the Chris Moyles shows.
My archive (2004-2012) is about 220GB. You could put them on a flash drive, but a hard drive would probably be better value.

My entire Chris Moyles archive is 600GB. That's easily manageable with modern hard drives. 4TB drives are now dirt cheap and 6TB are reasonably priced.
There is a new show in the archive. The highlights show of 2003 from Christmas day of that year. And it's thanks to mikelomaxxx14 who stumbled across it last week.
Hi, I've been enjoying listening to all the Chris Moyles shows right from the start (missed them the first time round). However, I've just caught up to the start of 2009 and really disappointed to find hardly anything in the archive for the first half of 2009!

Does anyone know why there is a gap in what otherwise appears to be such a fantastically complete archive? If anyone has the shows from the first half of 2009 it would be so great to have them on here!!!

Matt
Hi Slaphead1982 - I've just been listening to all the shows right from the start - got to 2009 and there's quite a gap in the first half of the year. Reading through the earlier comments in this thread I think you mentioned you might have these shows? If so it would be great to be able to download them! Are they online anywhere to your knowledge? Many thanks!
Here are 3 of the 5 days of live web streaming for the week commencing January 12th, 2009

Stream: https://archive.org/details/BBCRadio1Ch ... anuary2009

Download here: https://ia601503.us.archive.org/17/item ... nuary2009/

These are .flv files -- straight rips of the shows as broadcast, in full. To play them, use something like VLC (free) on a PC or Mac. If you have an Android phone, MX Player (free) plays these really nicely.

If you want to play on an iOS phone, try VLC if it's still available.

I know someone else has the first two days, as short clips have been posted on YouTube, but not the full shows. If you have them, please post them on archive.org or share them with me so I can do so!

Cheers!
Hi - I've been listening to all the shows from the start. I've just got to 2009 and there seem to be a lot of shows missing from the first half of the year. I read earlier in the thread that Slaphead1982 did have them and was just wondering if they are still planned to be uploaded? Real shame to have such a gap in what is otherwise a fantastically complete archive!
hi. In the full down load list, the three months above appear to be missing. Can I hear them anywhere else? Thanks guys, and I hope Mr Moyles is due back on XFM, although I don't think I can access that on my phone in the field with the dog!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]