Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
Apologies for a lack of reply in this thread, but unfortunately I've had major internet problemssince Saturday evening. For those of you who don't know some idiot cut BT's cables (not BT themselves, a third party company) for broadband internet & 50,000 people have been effected (phone lines are fine) so until BT fix the problems I'm rathe rlimited on my internet surfing at present.

Regarding the 11th September 2001 show, I did start recording it but then stopped it at the time as I thought it a bit morbid to be taping it at the time. I ended up reusing the tape (which had already been used once before) to record the last Saturday show instead so I no longer have any of that show I'm afraid.

Thanks to DC for the news clips by the way, once my internet is up & running again I shall add it to the top of this topic under the section "Special clips" or something the like (can't think of a title at the mo).
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

BT have fixed the fault at last & the internet is back. However I'm going to record some of the Mini Disc shows before I start to edit them & seeing as I have a quite Easter either myself or Tial will edit these over that time period. So although there is to be a slight break there will be a big update very soon :D
TIAL wrote:I've been a bit rubbish too recently, been organising a mate's 21st which went really well last night. I have lots of time off from now on!

Glad to hear the party went well :)

I think it's best for all to check back here on Saturday/Sunday, that's when there's most likely to be some "new" old shows :D
Hi all

Firstly i would like to thatnk both Jonny and TIAL for spending numerous hours and days uploading classic shows. They have been a pleasure to listen to and I believe i speak for others when i say "Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!" :D

Secondly, is there any chance if getting hold of the first ever Chris Moyles breakfast show as this was the first show i ever listened to on radio 1 (after being heavily convinced by friends) and it would be great to re-visit it - Jonny should i just check back on Sat/Sun?

Finally, just to repeat myself and say a huge thanks to Jonny and TIAL for all their hard work

Thanks

Chris For PM

p.s. Happy Easter everyone and for all those who don't celebrate it - Happy Bank Holiday Friday and Monday :P
Chris for PM wrote:Hi all

Firstly i would like to thatnk both Jonny and TIAL for spending numerous hours and days uploading classic shows. They have been a pleasure to listen to and I believe i speak for others when i say "Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!" :D

Secondly, is there any chance if getting hold of the first ever Chris Moyles breakfast show as this was the first show i ever listened to on radio 1 (after being heavily convinced by friends) and it would be great to re-visit it - Jonny should i just check back on Sat/Sun?

Finally, just to repeat myself and say a huge thanks to Jonny and TIAL for all their hard work

Thanks

Chris For PM

p.s. Happy Easter everyone and for all those who don't celebrate it - Happy Bank Holiday Friday and Monday :P

I plan to record it either tonight or tomorrow, the shows being copied in question will date from 2001-2006, with the Mini Discs I can just press record, play the mini disc & walk away & do other things, whereas with the tapes I have to stay put & change the tape over each time, etc. so for now I have put those on hold & will get alot of the Mini Disc ones (especially those between 2001-2004) done first, 2003 is done all but one of 2002 are done & still quite a few of the 2001 Mini Disc shows to go, then again nearly half of my archive is from 2001.

The first breakfast show is the only one I have from 2004 & it's sitting next to my PC ready to record so I'll get that one copied in a day or so & either myself or TIAL will edit it & get it up ready for you all by Tuesday (I'm not back at work until Wednesday). All I'll say is that be prepared for the differences, Dominic doesn't have that large a role at all & there's a few features on that first show that were quickly dropped (Buzz Off anyone :lol:) plus also the first ever edition of Carpark Catchphrase as well (I think)
TIAL wrote:Here's another Chris Moyles show:

Tuesday 23rd April 2002 Edited:
http://www.archive.org/download/ChrisMo ... il2002.mp3

Hopefully Johnny can add it to the front page soon. :D

I shall add it later this evening :D
TIAL wrote:Here's another Chris Moyles show:

Tuesday 23rd April 2002 Edited:
http://www.archive.org/download/ChrisMo ... il2002.mp3

Hopefully Johnny can add it to the front page soon. :D

The link & info has been added to the first page, for those of you who want an idea s to what's on this show :D

More soon :D
Little update for you all, three more episodes have been taped so far:

Friday 28th September 2001 - Today's Topic is (fanfare) I Think I'm The Right Man For Lizzie
Friday 20th December 2002 - Junior Magazine (does that one still exist?) won the prize for the team to play the music at their party, very odd show but great nonetheless
Monday 5th January 2004 - The First Ever Breakfast Show (recorded at last) including the first ever Carpark Catchphrase.

I'm going to record a few more tomorrow so hopefully these 4-6 shows will be up by Easter Monday, Tuesday :D

BTW: I must apologise, the sound for the Breakfast show is a bit ropey unfortunately . Back in the day I thought it was a good idea to record everything with both Bass & Treble turned up to six :roll: :lol: so there's extra bass on this one unfortunately, which does distort the sound on a couple of occasions :( Friday 28th September 2001 also suffers from over bass-ing but seems to have a better sound quality overall.

However hopefully the sound can be adjusted to improve it somewhat (as TIAL seemed to do on the last show added from April 2002, which also suffered from over bass-ing but on the edited version the bass seemed thankfully lower.)

I am going to work on a few Mark & Lard shows I have, from when JamieC21 uploaded them ages ago on this here forum, as well as the one show I have over the next few days as well.
Another update:

Wednesday 28th May 2003 - Details on the first page.

More to come soon, apologies for the delay in getting these up, both myself & TIAL are having uploading/downloading problems at present so these are taking a lot longer than we both anticipated.

Suffice to say there will be a load more added to this Archive over the next few days :D
Just a little update to the list from recent updates:

Chris Moyles

Monday 29th November 1999
Tuesday 22nd February 2000 - Chris' Birthday Special
Thursday 23rd March 2000
Friday 14th April 2000
Friday 15th September 2000
Friday 17th November 2000
Friday 1st December 2000
Wednesday 6th December 2000
Monday 11th December 2000
Friday 15th December 2000
Tuesday 19th December 2000
Wednesday 3rd January 2001
Friday 19th January 2001
Friday 16th March 2001 - Comic Relief 2001 Special
Saturday 15th September 2001 - Last Ever Saturday Show
Tuesday 23rd October 2001
Friday 11th January 2002
Thursday 7th February 2002
Tuesday 23rd April 2002
Friday 2nd August 2002
Wednesday 28th May 2003
Friday 5th December 2003 - Last Ever Afternoon Show
Friday 5th August 2005
Friday 25th November 2005

Mark & Lard

Friday 11th May 2001 - Live From Cardiff
Tuesday 22nd May 2001
Friday 18th April 2003
Monday 23rd February 2004
Tuesday 24th February 2004
Wednesday 25th February 2004
Thursday 26th February 2004
Friday 27th February 2004
Wednesday 24th March 2004
Thursday 25th March 2004
Friday 26th March 2004 - Last Ever Show
Another new addition:

Friday 20th December 2002 - special guest include: Atomic Kitten, Mark Owen, Noel Gallagher (BTW, see if you can spot the oddity with the bed music during the first part of the Noel Gallagher interview), Will Young & Jon Culshaw. This show is also my earliest appearance of Aled as part of the team rather than popping in for a link or two or as a temporary fill in.

EDIT: WARNING! Chris & Comedy Dave "sing" Take That's "Back For Good" as well, ear plugs advised :lol:

Enjoy :D

The list, so far:

Chris Moyles

Monday 29th November 1999
Tuesday 22nd February 2000 - Chris' Birthday Special
Thursday 23rd March 2000
Friday 14th April 2000
Friday 15th September 2000
Friday 17th November 2000
Friday 1st December 2000
Wednesday 6th December 2000
Monday 11th December 2000
Friday 15th December 2000
Tuesday 19th December 2000
Wednesday 3rd January 2001
Friday 19th January 2001
Friday 16th March 2001 - Comic Relief 2001 Special
Saturday 15th September 2001 - Last Ever Saturday Show
Tuesday 23rd October 2001
Friday 11th January 2002
Thursday 7th February 2002
Tuesday 23rd April 2002
Friday 2nd August 2002
Friday 20th December 2002 - Christmas Special
Wednesday 28th May 2003
Friday 5th December 2003 - Last Ever Afternoon Show
Friday 5th August 2005
Friday 25th November 2005

Mark & Lard

Friday 11th May 2001 - Live From Cardiff
Tuesday 22nd May 2001
Friday 7th June 2002 - World Cup Special
Friday 18th April 2003
Monday 23rd February 2004
Tuesday 24th February 2004
Wednesday 25th February 2004
Thursday 26th February 2004
Friday 27th February 2004
Wednesday 24th March 2004
Thursday 25th March 2004
Friday 26th March 2004 - Last Ever Show
steve_47 wrote:Sorry Fellas if this has been answered already (can't be arsed looking through the whole thread), but is the First Ever Breakfast show up yet?

It's at the editing stage at present, however there are a few "sound issues" with it (too much bass which was my own stupid fault, I though extra bass added to music back then, but obviously it doesn't, it buggers them up, badly).

It should be up here soon-ish :D
wireman2004 wrote:console has the first breakfast show on their website. It is at the bottom of the page. All music is taken out. So it's easyly downloadable too listen too. Xxxxx

Ah is it, I never realised they had that up there :lol: oh well, we'll still put it up here anyway once it's done :D

EDIT: Just out of curiosity does anyone have a favourite show out of the ones edited so far?
My favourites so far are the last Saturday show, and the 28th May 03 (I think from your most recent batch). Both because they sound slightly unplanned (albeit for different reasons), and there are clearly points where they are desperately winging it.

The 28th May has some really good banter between Chris, Dave and Will - sounds very similar to some of the more recent stuff between Chris, Dave and Dom. The bit about Edith's hollow knockers was classic!
Ed Pummelon wrote:My favourites so far are the last Saturday show, and the 28th May 03 (I think from your most recent batch). Both because they sound slightly unplanned (albeit for different reasons), and there are clearly points where they are desperately winging it.

The 28th May has some really good banter between Chris, Dave and Will - sounds very similar to some of the more recent stuff between Chris, Dave and Dom. The bit about Edith's hollow knockers was classic!

Yeah, I'll be honest I prefer it when the shows sound slightly unplanned. Considering when the last Saturday Show was set it is bloody funny, Hello I'm Listening, fails spectaculary as do several of the links and considering what happened earlier in the week it is really funny.

I'll be honest I do wish that I had recorded more from 2003 as I think I've given them a rough ride, I have since listened to the 28th May 03 show & Will's last show (on here in parts) and the show is a lot better than I remember it to be. The last afternoon show though I'm still not a fan of TBH. The Hollow Knockers bit is really funny as is the balls up with Viaduct (The Revenge), although I still think the music used for Viaduct (The Revenge) still sounds wrong, would you agree?

I'd say a few highlights for me include Jon's Introductory Service (14th April 2000) where the contestant is really crap & looses, Will forgetting who he sent the jingle machine to when he sent it off to be repaired, Will writing into Ariel magazine to complain about the BBC Canteen (got to re-record that one) & I think I'm the Guy For Lizzie (awaiting editing). :lol:
Johnny 1989 wrote:... Will forgetting who he sent the jingle machine to when he sent it off to be repaired, Will writing into Ariel magazine to complain about the BBC Canteen (got to re-record that one)...

I'd forgotten about those two, and I agree - very very funny (especially the Ariel magazine one) :lol:
Ed Pummelon wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:... Will forgetting who he sent the jingle machine to when he sent it off to be repaired, Will writing into Ariel magazine to complain about the BBC Canteen (got to re-record that one)...

I'd forgotten about those two, and I agree - very very funny (especially the Ariel magazine one) :lol:

Even Dominic takes the piss out of him :lol:

Thank you both!!