Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
Munki Bhoy wrote:I'll need to get into this when I'm sitting around doing nothing all night instead of watching rubbish on telly. Or repeats of Mock the Week on Dave.

Moyles Gold should be good.

I actually listen to more Radio than watch TV these days, so much so that I have managed to miss the first two episodes of the new series of TV Burp :x :lol: I just buy DVD's these days, I can watch at my convenience & without all of those annoying sponsors, ads, Dogs & bugs (last two are the logo that appears in the corner throughout the show & the coming next strap that comes up near the end of programmes).

"New" Shows Coming soon, all but one since done (30/3/09):

* What's the worst present you've ever bought & Blob Busters (Monday 29th November 1999)
* The team visit wonderful Leeds (Thursday 23rd March 2000)
* Jon Culshaw's Introductory Service, No Dave or Rhys (Friday 14th April 2000) - Edited & Uploaded

* Last Ever Saturday Show (September 2001)
* Chris Interviews Holly Valence (April 2002)
* Eminem Remixes Galore & Ibiza Newsbeat (Friday 2nd August 2002) - Edited & Uploaded
* The Last Ever Afternoon Show (Friday 5th December 2003) - Available within the next two days
* Westwood gives an OTT "Good Luck" Message to the team before they go to New York (Friday 25th November 2005)

The first three need re-recording due to sound errors (extra Soudn FX or skipping) the others though are all ready, I just need to edit them :lol:
Last edited by Johnny 1989 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just a little something, nothing spectacular, in fact they're quite poor tbh :lol:

I came up with little "Album Covers" for Chris (and a few other DJ's), there nothing much but look better than that music symbol pic that comes up for anything without a cover on your iPod.

Anyway, here they are, and if anyone can do better, feel free to post them in here :)

Chris Moyles:

Capital FM days, looking camp

Until Autumn 1997 with old vintage logo.

With new BBC & Radio 1 logo, not sure if Moyles had long hair still by this point or not

New for 2009, I think that the pic itself is great and is fitting, for early 2009 at least

Chappers & Dave:

Only decent pic of them I could find TBH

Mark & Lard:

Again only decent pic of them together, and yes I have reversed the pic

Radcliffe & Maconie:

There is slight editing to Radcliffe's head as the image I saved chopped of the top ever so slightly :lol:

Lard, to follow :)

TBH there not much, but do their job. Please feel free to use them :) I do have some Jon Holmes ones but I don't think many people (if any) on here are a fan of him :lol:

If anyone does have more specific era photos for Moyles per decade (on a white background) please could someone point me in the right direction, I'm not sure what he looked like between 1998-2003 TBH I know he had long hair up until a point & also had the goatee for a while but not sure until when.

Also, hopefully two or three more shows will be uploaded this weekend :)
TIAL wrote:Thanks so much for these shows. I started listening to Radio 1 in 2001 so it's great to hear stuff that takes me back to that time :D

Much appreciated.

Your welcome, I'm just glad people are interested in the old tapes & Mini Discs I have. If you like 2001, then 2000 will be a treat for you, I have quite a few from there, lots from November/December which means plenty of Melinda & very early Will :D

Apologies for no update this weekend, I was unexpectedly out the majority of it (as I have been the last few weekends actually, dirty stop out :lol:) plus several shows I have copied from tape have skipping in them :x which isn't so bad on the tunes but is on the speech, so I've got to start most of them again, that includes the last Saturday Show (Sorry Topher)

Just keep an eye on this thread for any further updates, hopefully one show, at least, this weekend from Friday 15th December 2000 (this one thankfully doesn't skip) with Chris, Dave, Melinda, Will & Jon :D
Chris for PM wrote:Any news on when the last afternoon abd 1st breakfast show will be up?

The last afternoon show has been copied & I will hopefully edit it sometime this week.

The first breakfast show I'm yet to copy over to the PC so hopefully I'll get that one up in the near future.

I aim to get them up by Sunday, but that all depends on how the next few days go :)

Unfortunately a lot of them I copied over have issues in two categories:

1) No skipping but unfortunately I had the Windows XP Sound effects on and didn't realise that Golden Vinyl (the first piece of software I was using) copied over those as well as the input feed so these ones have extra sound effects.

2) No extra sound effects but lots of skipping, just when I think I've found a show with out skipping (Side A of the tape) when it gets to the second half (side B) it skips loads & is actually more unlistenable to than the added sound effects one.

Both these problems have set me back quite a bit, thankfully the shows from 2002 & the last show are unaffected as is a show from the 15th December 2000. However I've just got to get round to editing them, which hopefully I'll be able to do at least two shows this Thursday, pending other events of course.
Last edited by Johnny 1989 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munki Bhoy wrote:Hehe, Leeds in Europe. These really are OLD!

Yes and a mention on several shows (not sure if on one of those above) about Leeds being top of the Premiership 8O my how times have changed :lol:

I have kept in news bulletins for that reason, might help some jog their memories of what they were doing back then (if they want to remember of course ;) ) Although unless it's Dominic Byrne or a bulletin that Chris keeps interrupting, I'll be cutting these down to one per show in future (if I remember to cut the other bulletins out of course) :D
T'other day I was laughing that one of the shows had Chris excited about Leeds playing Liverpool. :D

Also, not Moyles related, but I found it very funny how both Mark and Lard referred to one of their features as 'shite' without batting an eyelid. How times have changed!
TIAL wrote:T'other day I was laughing that one of the shows had Chris excited about Leeds playing Liverpool. :D

Also, not Moyles related, but I found it very funny how both Mark and Lard referred to one of their features as 'shite' without batting an eyelid. How times have changed!

:lol: yeah I noticed that too listening back to the old M&L shows on JamieC21's thread, especially the World Cup one where I'm sure both piss & sh*t(e) are used.

If (and that's a big If) I get round to editing the show from April 2002 this week & get it uploaded, there's two little "extras" on that one, first off Mark & Lard at the beginning requesting the Persuaders theme, with them humming along & banging on the desk in tune(ish) with it.

Also at the end, (and I only taped it by accident because the disc was left recording until it was full) a tribute to the late Christopher Price from Liquid news, which Chris also pays tribute to right at the end of his show, some one who I and no doubt others found funny on Liquid News and who died far too young.
Ah, I loved Christopher Price. It was only until they announced his death in assembly that I realised he went to my school. Before my time, I might add - but he was a scarily recent memory for many of my teachers.
TIAL wrote:Ah, I loved Christopher Price. It was only until they announced his death in assembly that I realised he went to my school. Before my time, I might add - but he was a scarily recent memory for many of my teachers.

He was superb on that show & it was such a shame that he died so young, so suddenly, as they say on the tribute (both Chris & Newsbeat) he was definitely an up & coming star & would have gone onto great things, but sadly it wasn't to be.

That show I aim to get up this week for definite, along with the last afternoon show & 15th December 2000. Fingers crossed I get them all up by Sunday (or at least one of them) :)
Dammit, now look what you've made me watch!

Back on topic, thanks again for your continuing efforts.
TIAL wrote:Dammit, now look what you've made me watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmBsU3Ahcec

Back on topic, thanks again for your continuing efforts.

I've just watched that, memories of the Christopher Price era, it was a great show back then. I never watched it again after the tribute show, I tried to but unfortunately Dale was the first "guest" presenter. I don't have a problem with Dale but he didn't suit the show & neither did most of the other "guest" shows. Although Claudia & Paddy seemed to work well together.

I'd like to get hold of the Liquid News theme/bed that was used during the Christopher Price era *cough* anyone have a copy please *cough* ;) :lol:

Back on topic, your welcome, as I've said before I was rather surprised not only to the positive response but the lack of really old stuff on t'internet. Had I had got into Mark & Lard back then I probably would have had a huge archive of their stuff as well but alas I never was & so unfortunately can't add much of their stuff on here (just the odd link at the beginning of a show, ooh and also that one complete show I did, which I plan to add on this thread in the (hopefully) not too distant future :D
A little update tonight, one extra show for you all to enjoy:

Date: Friday 15th December 2000
Team: Chris, Dave, Melinda, Will, Jon & Dominic
Completion Status: Last 15 mins missing (that 15 mins includes links & music combined, so about 5-8 mins at most missing)
Info: Nothing spectacularly special about this one but it's another example of some very vintage Moyles (Nine years old this December). First off apologies for sound quality, the tape on this one has unfortunately deteriorated a bit (as you'll hear at the start), but thankfully improves as it goes on. I should also point out that Melinda is there but for some reason disappears after the second link, he's probably still there but doesn't appear on air that much at all on this one for some reason.

Highlights include Latest News on Ghettolife (Chris' "Boyband"), a song called "Never Hit Your Grandma With A Shovel" which is funnier than it sounds, Jonathan Ross flashing his bits on They Think It's All Over (back in the days when the media did like him) this leads to Dave telling a gag which ends up with Chris & Dave having a bit of a tiff for the next link or so :lol:. Chris slags off the Chatham Girls (I remember seeing them in the paper & Chris was spot on with his description & also couldn't get away with what he said back then these days :lol:).

Leighton Buzzard has another General World News report. Jon does his Tango advert voice ("Go on give his knee a little squeeze", remember those ads) which unfortunately gets chopped up a bit (yes the return of the dreaded "end of tape" situation again). The Christmas Do gets a mention (although this is before the event rather than after), Moyles slags off local radio stations & DJ's (again :lol:) mentioning his days back on Capital FM.

Chris goes to the callers, before he does he claims that most will ask for Stanta, which proves to be true. Dick Cheese interrupts with another Travel Report and another edition of The Not, which is where this show ends (bar the 2/3rds of Stardust's The Music Sounds Better With You, after The Not).
Download: http://www.archive.org/download/ChrisMoylesOnRadio1/ChrisMoylesOnRadio1Friday15thDecember2000.mp3

Enjoy :D , more soon

BTW, one thing I've noticed when listening back to this show (and others that need re-recording due to errors mentioned in earlier posts) is how Will isn't always involved as fully in the conversation as much as he was later on in his "reign". Although Lizzie replaced Melinda, Will ended up taking up his part as the third person in the conversation of each link, it seem to take a while before Lizzie got heavily involved on air.
some fantastic stuff in this thread, dosen't seem like it was all those years ago...

i may as well share this with you, not so old but a breakfast show i recorded a few years ago i found knocking around. it was broadcast during radio 1's summer friday thing in 2005, too bad i had to cut out the music with the golden hour being on at 9.

Friday 5th August 2005:-
http://www.archive.org/download/ChrisMo ... tedOut.mp3

i also found an old data disc with a few mark and lard shows i grabbed from the abandonded mnl-audio torrents, amongst others places. i'll have to get round to making those available sometime soon.
DC wrote:some fantastic stuff in this thread, dosen't seem like it was all those years ago...

i may as well share this with you, not so old but a breakfast show i recorded a few years ago i found knocking around. it was broadcast during radio 1's summer friday thing in 2005, too bad i had to cut out the music with the golden hour being on at 9.

Friday 5th August 2005:-
http://www.archive.org/download/ChrisMo ... tedOut.mp3

i also found an old data disc with a few mark and lard shows i grabbed from the abandonded mnl-audio torrents, amongst others places. i'll have to get round to making those available sometime soon.

Thank You, I have enjoyed listening back to the old shows, listen to Melinda, Rhys, Lizzie, Will & Rachel on air back in the day as well as all of the Newsbeat newsreaders who seem to have disappeared (except Dominic & Georgina of course)

Thanks for sharing that file BTW. I have recorded several in 2005 but I don't think they dated back as far as August, I think mine for that year were September - December. I do plan to copy some of these over in the near future, my original plan was to do everything in order but TBH I think the random variety is better.

I don't think the golden hour dated back as far as 2005 (did it?) so you may not have missed anything out :)

EDIT: I stand corrected, I never realised the Golden Hour had been round for so long, or did they only do this during the summer months back then?

I think I should add, if anyone wants to share any of their classic shows on here please feel free to do so. It'll be best to put all in one place rather than having dozens of different threads littering the place, unless of course you want to start your own threads :D

Please also feel free to add any Mark & Lard content in here as well :D I'll be honest I was amazed at the lack of Mark & Lard content on t'internet, I mean there is stuff out there but not as much as Moyles and as far as I'm concerned the more Mark & Lard material the better :D

If anyone does add Mark & Lard material here, just drop me a PM & I will change the thread title to reflect this :D

Thanks again for sharing & I look forward to those M&L shows/clips, glad your enjoying the shows :)
Johnny 1989 wrote:Thank You, I have enjoyed listening back to the old shows, listen to Melinda, Rhys, Lizzie, Will & Rachel on air back in the day as well as all of the Newsbeat newsreaders who seem to have disappeared (except Dominic & Georgina of course)

Thanks for sharing that file BTW. I have recorded several in 2005 but I don't think they dated back as far as August, I think mine for that year were September - December. I do plan to copy some of these over in the near future, my original plan was to do everything in order but TBH I think the random variety is better.

I don't think the golden hour dated back as far as 2005 (did it?) so you may not have missed anything out :)

EDIT: I stand corrected, I never realised the Golden Hour had been round for so long, or did they only do this during the summer months back then?

I think I should add, if anyone wants to share any of their classic shows on here please feel free to do so. It'll be best to put all in one place rather than having dozens of different threads littering the place, unless of course you want to start your own threads :D

Please also feel free to add any Mark & Lard content in here as well :D I'll be honest I was amazed at the lack of Mark & Lard content on t'internet, I mean there is stuff out there but not as much as Moyles and as far as I'm concerned the more Mark & Lard material the better :D

If anyone does add Mark & Lard material here, just drop me a PM & I will change the thread title to reflect this :D

Thanks again for sharing & I look forward to those M&L shows/clips, glad your enjoying the shows :)

i think i'll just megaupload these when i get around to sharing, as archive.org will probably get arsey with them. anyway here's what i have.

Mark & Lard - Friday 11th May 2001.mp3
Mark & Lard Wednesday 24th March 2004.MP3
Mark And Lard Thursday 25th March 2004.MP3
Mark Radcliffe-200401191258.mp2
mnl 2002-12-24 - (Christmas Show).ogg
mnl 2003-02-03 - (polyphonic spree).ogg
mnl 2003-02-04 - Worst Band Names.ogg
mnl 2003-06-05 - Jimmy Page.ogg
mnl 2003-12-26 (Christmas Special) - 65kbps.ogg
MnL 2004-03-26 - The Final Afternoon Show.mp3
MnL - 2001-05-22 128k.mp3
MnL - 2002-03-15 - Alton Towers Show 128k.mp3
MnL - 2003-08-22 192k.mp3

(from uploads on this site)
Mark _ Lard - 14th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 15th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 16th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 17th April 2003.mp2
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 1.mp3
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 2.mp3
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 3.mp3

(following have music edited out)
Halon Music Awards 2003.mp2
MnL - 2004-03-16.ogg
mnl 2004-03-17.ogg
mnl 2004-03-18.ogg
mnl 2004-03-19.ogg
mnl 2004-03-22.ogg
mnl 2004-03-23.ogg

two moyles one's i may as well edit and upload:-

Chris Moyles Friday 23rd December 2005.mp3
Chris Moyles Monday 21st November 2005.mp3
DC wrote:
i think i'll just megaupload these when i get around to sharing, as archive.org will probably get arsey with them. anyway here's what i have.

Mark & Lard - Friday 11th May 2001.mp3
Mark & Lard Wednesday 24th March 2004.MP3
Mark And Lard Thursday 25th March 2004.MP3
Mark Radcliffe-200401191258.mp2
mnl 2002-12-24 - (Christmas Show).ogg
mnl 2003-02-03 - (polyphonic spree).ogg
mnl 2003-02-04 - Worst Band Names.ogg
mnl 2003-06-05 - Jimmy Page.ogg
mnl 2003-12-26 (Christmas Special) - 65kbps.ogg
MnL 2004-03-26 - The Final Afternoon Show.mp3
MnL - 2001-05-22 128k.mp3
MnL - 2002-03-15 - Alton Towers Show 128k.mp3
MnL - 2003-08-22 192k.mp3

(from uploads on this site)
Mark _ Lard - 14th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 15th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 16th April 2003.mp2
Mark _ Lard - 17th April 2003.mp2
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 1.mp3
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 2.mp3
mark and lard - eng 1-0 arg 2002 part 3.mp3

(following have music edited out)
Halon Music Awards 2003.mp2
MnL - 2004-03-16.ogg
mnl 2004-03-17.ogg
mnl 2004-03-18.ogg
mnl 2004-03-19.ogg
mnl 2004-03-22.ogg
mnl 2004-03-23.ogg

two moyles one's i may as well edit and upload:-

Chris Moyles Friday 23rd December 2005.mp3
Chris Moyles Monday 21st November 2005.mp3

8O OMFG All that Mark & Lard, if you can provide links to these here it will be greatly appreciated. You'll be a legend IMO. I'd especially liek to hear the last ever show, Alton Towers & the two Christmas ones :D One quick thing, what's an .ogg file?

BTW by odd coincidence I think I have both of those Moyles shows, however if you can edit them & upload them it'll be much appreciated, I've got about 120 to copy over, edit & upload so knock those two off the list would be a big help. :D

Thanks in advance for anything you do provide :)
Johnny 1989 wrote:8O OMFG All that Mark & Lard, if you can provide links to these here it will be greatly appreciated. You'll be a legend IMO. I'd especially liek to hear the last ever show, Alton Towers & the two Christmas ones :D One quick thing, what's an .ogg file?

BTW by odd coincidence I think I have both of those Moyles shows, however if you can edit them & upload them it'll be much appreciated, I've got about 120 to copy over, edit & upload so knock those two off the list would be a big help. :D

one of those moyles shows was a christmas special i believe so that's worth uploading.

some of those mnl shows were ogg files when i downloaded them, so i never converted them over to mp3. i think it was done for file size reasons within the torrent and stuff. anyway it's not hard to get round, i use quintessential player to play them:-
http://www.quinnware.com/

there's hardly any full mark and lard shows or even material on the internet, not enough anyway. the full shows i have are about all that's around on the net, bar the breakfast show and the graveyard shift. but i was too young to hear the latter at the time so i never really got to know that show.
DC wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:8O OMFG All that Mark & Lard, if you can provide links to these here it will be greatly appreciated. You'll be a legend IMO. I'd especially liek to hear the last ever show, Alton Towers & the two Christmas ones :D One quick thing, what's an .ogg file?

one of those moyles shows was a christmas special i believe so that's worth uploading.

some of those mnl shows were ogg files when i downloaded them, so i never converted them over to mp3. i think it was done for file size reasons within the torrent and stuff. anyway it's not hard to get round, i use quintessential player to play them:-
http://www.quinnware.com/

there's hardly any full mark and lard shows or even material on the internet, not enough anyway. the full shows i have are about all that's around on the net, bar the breakfast show and the graveyard shift. but i was too young to hear the latter at the time so i never really got to know that show.

Ah I see, ah well a case of playing them & copying them via Audacity.

I've did find a torrent site that had them but they wouldn't let me sign up, they stated that they weren't accepting any more new members :(

I'd love to hear their version of the breakfast show, the two trailers on those 1997 Moyles shows are funny, one with Lard trying to play electric guitar & then whacking the crap out of it and another one playing the Dahl(?) (And Indian guitar) with Lard singing random words & Mark making a joke that ends with w*ank*r :lol:
Thanks to everyone for editing this stuff and putting it up, fantastic work, thanks very much.

Quick suggestion - when new CMS are available, how about adding them all the the first post on this thread so that everything is one place? No big deal, just an idea. Otherwise - thanks a million!

Thank you both!!