Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
steven7942 wrote:I am so slow in catching up but just a F.Y.I., the Thursday 12th May 2016 show upload is incorrect, it's from a Monday show. Thank-you so much for the hard work and efforts, it is truly appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks, I'll get that fixed, and I'll get yesterday's show edited (and hopefully today's too) later today.
ianpwilliams wrote:
steven7942 wrote:I am so slow in catching up but just a F.Y.I., the Thursday 12th May 2016 show upload is incorrect, it's from a Monday show. Thank-you so much for the hard work and efforts, it is truly appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks, I'll get that fixed, and I'll get yesterday's show edited (and hopefully today's too) later today.

Be careful before you remove anything. There was one episode where they played the wrong jingle and back referenced it in the first few minutes.

Looking forward to the late episode to hear the infamous rant!
I have a question. Why do the daily recordings always start with a few seconds of the song leading into the jingle, rather than get edited which presumably takes just a few moments?

I am not complaining, just wondered if there's a reason I hadn't thought of?
d000hg wrote:I have a question. Why do the daily recordings always start with a few seconds of the song leading into the jingle, rather than get edited which presumably takes just a few moments?

I am not complaining, just wondered if there's a reason I hadn't thought of?

Because they often mix the pips in with the last song from the previous show.

Although, Ian is the King of Edits, so I'll let him chime in.
Unless you are referring to the "Unediteds". Those deliberately include a few seconds for Ian to make his edit decision. My recordings start 15 minutes before 6.30am and end many hours after 10am, in case Chris is on Vernon's show. Then they are chopped before uploading.

Yep, it is Thursday 12th May, they loaded the wrong jingle in. They on to talk about it being the wrong jingle afterwards.

As for the beginning of the edits, I know Neil will usually leave a bit of the last song in before the pips. I don't mind either way personally, I would have said that maybe it would be better to start it with the pips, but sometimes the end of the song goes into the pips so you would either have all of the pips but with the end of a song over them, or just some of the pips if you edited from the point the song ended. Or I could always edit from after the pips I suppose. Always open to suggestions though!
ianpwilliams wrote:

Yep, it is Thursday 12th May, they loaded the wrong jingle in. They on to talk about it being the wrong jingle afterwards.

As for the beginning of the edits, I know Neil will usually leave a bit of the last song in before the pips. I don't mind either way personally, I would have said that maybe it would be better to start it with the pips, but sometimes the end of the song goes into the pips so you would either have all of the pips but with the end of a song over them, or just some of the pips if you edited from the point the song ended. Or I could always edit from after the pips I suppose. Always open to suggestions though!

Thanks everyone. I should have guessed :) Remember on the old show when Moyles would be running late so they (Aled) would replay the jingle or play the long 'it all started way back when' to give Chris more time to get into work. It used to crack me up when he would call in from the car pretending he was there, like nobody can tell the sound difference between someone in a studio and calling into a studio :)
I am speaking about the unedited full show, with ads and music. Regarding chopping it so it includes the pips, are the pips important? Wouldn't chopping to the start of the opening jingle be most obvious?

As I already said it's not a complaint and I'm really grateful to those who do this, the app is better these days but I still find this site most useful to download a few days' shows and listen offline.
d000hg wrote:I am speaking about the unedited full show, with ads and music. Regarding chopping it so it includes the pips, are the pips important? Wouldn't chopping to the start of the opening jingle be most obvious?

As I already said it's not a complaint and I'm really grateful to those who do this, the app is better these days but I still find this site most useful to download a few days' shows and listen offline.

You can do that yourself if you like -- use something like MP3DirectCut.

The reason I don't edit that tightly is threefold -- one is so Ian can make his edit decision if the pips are mixed in with the previous song, two, the unediteds are really only supposed to be for Ian to edit, although I keep them for personal use as an archive and three, the quicker the edit, the better, as I'm out the door literally after I post them, as that's just in time for me to leave for work!

Personally, I FF to the start of the show, after the opening song, but I like having an archived version that's as complete as possible.
Last edited by neilt0 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]