Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
ianpwilliams wrote:No problem, I'll still upload each show every day, and I'll post the whole week's links each Friday.

Thanks very much Ian, and thanks again for being one of the people keeping this archive alive :)

Good news, I have done the first draft of the archive list from 1992-2002, as I say this is work in progress & a lot of information is missing but this gives you a rough idea of what I'll be doing (information filled in is what I know of off the top of my head):

Any suggestions/additions welcome, I may also add 2003, not sure about latter years though as they are complete years, however if anyone has any details of the shows please let me know, you'll notice also the dates are in blue, I originally was going to remove the hyperlinks but I thought that if anyone loses a file for whatever reason then they could use this as a quick reference shows
jamiec21 wrote:
slaphead1982 wrote:
jamiec21 wrote:
Close. They're only missing 107 episodes. And that number isn't likely to make it to double figures either.

Almost all, 107. I was'nt far off. :)
That won't stop them looking though. I'm sure the same applies here aswell.

There's not a programme out there which has missing episodes hunted after so passionately than Doctor Who. Every official path has virtually been taken and their only hope now seems to be that some BBC staffer managed to get a copy out before the tapes were erased. Not much chance of that, now. Don't think they've found a missing episode in years.

As for Moyles, there are hundreds of programmes possibly lost for ever. Depends how much is kept at the BBC radio archive. I'd like to think Chris himself has kept a copy of every show he's done, but that's wishful thinking.

Absolutely, the search still continues on, in fact another episode turned up recently (Hurrah), unfortunately it was The Romans Part 3 (which already exists in the archives) however it's good to hear that there are copies of episodes still turning up in private hands (personally I hope Power Of The Daleks Episode 1 turns up, I'd love to see Troughton's first moments as The Doctor or any Troughton episode as so much of his was destroyed, only 6 of his 21 stories remain in a complete condition).

The last episode that wasn't in that archives that was returned was Episode 2 (Day Of Armageddon) of The Daleks' Master Plan back in 2004, we are due a missing episode to be returned.

Anyway back to Moyles, of which pre Breakfast Show has far much more missing that Doctor Who does (especially 1999 & 2002)
All you need is a currupt Radio 1 employee. Bung em a couple of quid and this site could get all the shows. :)
It's been said many a time on here but I can't contribute to this thread in terms of shareing shows but I am gratefull to all involved who do. Your all doing a good job.
Ok here are the missing 2001 shows on my list:

Tuesday 9th January 2001
Monday 22nd January 2001
Friday 2nd March 2001

Although I've since searched on Internet Archive itself, and it seems that they are there (you uploaded them bmstinton93) but they are not on the archive. So I didn't need to upload them :roll: Here are yours:

Tuesday 9th January 2001 (106MB - Unedited?)
Tuesday 9th January 2001 (43MB - Edited?)
Chris Moyles On Radio 1 - Monday 22nd January 2001
Chris Moyles On Radio 1 - Monday 22nd January 2001 (Unedited)
Chris Moyles On Radio 1 - Friday 2nd March 2001
Chris Moyles On Radio 1 - Friday 2nd March 2001 (Unedited)

Although Monday 30th July 2001 doesn't seem to be there, so at least that's something:

Monday 30th July 2001

So it seems that there are probably quite a few on Internet Archive that aren't on the Moyles Archive. So I'll search for the rest on my list before uploading any more. And anyone else can do the same if they wish.
I wish I could find a program somewhere that could just upload them all to IA one by one automatically :? And it would be nice if someone had a website where they could be permanently hosted too, so we wouldn't have to rely on IA. Although I suppose it doesn't matter as long as at least two people have the whole archive.
Yeah I suppose. The only thing with that is that they would all end up on one IA page. So if people downloading them were to hover the mouse over each link, the name of the page would be part of the link, which might be misleading. Not that it really matters as long as each Moyles Archive link is correct, and each file is correct.

First thing I want to do is put al my edits and all other people's edits into one folder. There's bound to be problems with that though, like duplicate names etc, and Windows Explorer doesn't deal with stuff like that very well. Although I'm sure there is a program out there that does. Neil?
bmstinton93 wrote:They're the ones that Johnny sent me to upload. I thought they were in the archive personally but Johnny, can you check when you update it please?

Yep will do, I thought I added them to 2001, actually I was sure they were there as I remember copying the list from there to the Excel Document, I'll have a proper check tonight, I know of about 3-6 shows I have that I haven't copied over yet but due to me needing to get an Amp for my laptop I haven't had chance to copy them over yet, I know there's one with Bubble from Big Brother on it at least, not sure what's on the rest.
ianpwilliams wrote:I wish I could find a program somewhere that could just upload them all to IA one by one automatically :? And it would be nice if someone had a website where they could be permanently hosted too, so we wouldn't have to rely on IA. Although I suppose it doesn't matter as long as at least two people have the whole archive.

Might I suggest trying uploading your files via FTP? I'm not too familiar with IA but after a bit of looking around it appears they do offer FTP uploading. You can get a free client such as FileZilla to get the job done, and that should allow you to upload each file automatically. :D
Oh yeah, I never thought of FTP. I actually already have FileZilla too, for another website I used to maintain. Thanks, I'll give that a go. Although I'll search the IA for the missing Moyles shows first, so I'm not uploading them for no reason :roll: And it seems that HTTP to IA might work anyway, just all on one page.
I've searched for each "missing" 2004 show on IA (e.g. Moyles 30th Jan 2004), and none of them seem to be there. So I'll try uploading all of these now in one go:

2004-01-06.mp3
2004-01-07.mp3
2004-01-08.mp3
2004-01-09.mp3
2004-01-12.mp3
2004-01-13.mp3
2004-01-14.mp3
2004-01-15.mp3
2004-01-16.mp3
2004-01-19.mp3
2004-01-20.mp3
2004-01-21.mp3
2004-01-22.mp3
2004-01-23.mp3
2004-01-26.mp3
2004-01-27.mp3
2004-01-28.mp3
2004-01-29.mp3
2004-01-30.mp3
Uploading them all now. Does anyone know what happens if you get a server error when you're uploading multiple files to IA? Presumably you just get a server error on one of the files. But then what happens does it start uploading the next one, and can you then go back and upload the failed ones to the same page? Or if you get a server error on one, then do the rest all stop, and you have to re-upload all of the rest of them? There are a lot, so it looks like I'll have to leave them uploading while I'm out.
Possibly. But I can't search DropBox as well as the other file hosting websites that people sometimes use. And it would take too long to go back through the pages of this thread. And I would be happier with them being on IA anyway, than being on DropBox where they would no doubt be deleted at some point. It's hard to know what to do really, with the thread needing an update, but also with some of them possibly being on DropBox MediaFire etc. That's why it would be great if they could all be hosted on a dedicated website with its own server. No forum thread (apart from one to discuss it and post links), but an actual archive.
JasonxBourne wrote:Hi, I know its very random but has anyone got the Breakfast Show from the 9th February 2007 where I remember Chris was at Doncaster football stadium with the Kaiser Chiefs.
I know there is a podcast for that particular week but just wanted to know if anyone has that whole show in their own personal archives?

Many thanks :)

http://www.multiupload.com/3YUD38S2KH

Should be sorted now Thanks Ian , yes all ok no[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]