Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
We're still getting a LOT of posts saying "did anyone record today's show?" "where is x show?" I wonder whether I should create a sticky thread with just the wiki link to the edits, do we think that would help people?
neilt0 wrote:It's tricky, because we don't want to be waving at the G-Men, saying "Hey, look what we're up to!"

I'd rather not have links to my raw uploads on the front page, for obvious reasons, but mebbe the edits?

That's what I'm thinking. I guess at this point we don't even know if they might object to the edits. Although a quick read of the threads would make it clear that they exist.
Nicola_Red wrote:We're still getting a LOT of posts saying "did anyone record today's show?" "where is x show?" I wonder whether I should create a sticky thread with just the wiki link to the edits, do we think that would help people?

You mean as opposed to the link at the top of EVERY * PAGE? It's even in a fixed position, so it's at the top of the page no matter your scroll position.
Nicola_Red wrote:That's what I'm thinking. I guess at this point we don't even know if they might object to the edits. Although a quick read of the threads would make it clear that they exist.

People are lazy. They want to be spoonfed with their free content!
Topher wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:We're still getting a LOT of posts saying "did anyone record today's show?" "where is x show?" I wonder whether I should create a sticky thread with just the wiki link to the edits, do we think that would help people?

You mean as opposed to the link at the top of EVERY * PAGE? It's even in a fixed position, so it's at the top of the page no matter your scroll position.

Is it as obvious on mobile devices? I know, people are stupid, I'm just trying to allow for that.
ianpwilliams wrote:I do kind of wonder if people should be left to their own devices to get the full show. After all, Stream Writer does it for you really easily. And having links to full shows could cause problems. But that's just my opinion.

Personally I don't think its an issue if it's just posted in this thread. It's handy really, because yet again mine recorded for 2 hrs 44 mins then cut off and I have a total of 9 files for 1 show. Does my head in.
In case anyone's missed my downloads for this week in various threads, due to being split etc, here's some linkage...

Friday's show - unedited and HQ
[No Thursday show due to my c0ckup - sorry folks]
Wednesday's show - unedited and HQ
Tuesday's show - unedited and HQ
Monday's show - unedited and HQ

Speaking of the website, that bar at the top needs slimming down, takes up far too much real-estate on my mobile. :-x
q wrote:Speaking of the website, that bar at the top needs slimming down, takes up far too much real-estate on my mobile. :-x

This is not a mobile phone app. You will have to suffer for your addiction. :)
In theory I could save a version of the show part way through editing, where everything was edited except the platinum hour (although the platinum hour would still need ads and news removed), if I could remember to do that every Friday (I really wish they hadn't brought this feature back).

But then we would be going into dodgy territory again as the edited version would contain complete songs. Could it be worth having a top and tailed version of the platinum hour each week (which hopefully there might be some volunteers for), which could go on the thread like the full shows do, but not on the Wiki?
Downloaded all the shows this week and am currently on Thursday, thanks for all the hard work guys

Really loving the new show, thought I would miss Comedy Dave...but I don't....Kinda prefer Dom now anyway
I always preferred Dom, he's just a naturally funny person, whereas Dave had to try to be funny. Having said that, I would like there to be another team member to banter with, as (the other) Dave and Pippa don't really offer much in my opinion (not that Pippa is supposed to offer anything being the producer).

I'd also like to see more features and games, possibly involving callers, having always enjoyed Carpark Catchphrase and Rob DJ Quiz.

But still it's off to a good start, and I'm sure it will develop.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up