Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
ianpwilliams wrote:I've started downloading the podcasts now. Does anyone listen to the new bits in them? I guess it would be easy to listen to the new bit at the beginning of each one, but not so easy to find the start of the new bit at the end? Or you could just listen to the whole thing I suppose, but then you will have heard it all if you listen to the edits.

If you were to do an edit with just the new bits, I'd be all over that!

And thanks for your edits to the daily shows. Much appreciated, you do great work there.
Sorry what I meant was, did the earlier podcasts have much new content. For example, is E1 just "welcome to the podcast" and "thanks for listening" and E18 maybe 10 mins new content at the beginning and end, and did the amount of new content grow in each episode? Or has there always been a decent amount of new content in each episode since the podcasts began? On the show they give the impression that the amount of new content in each episode has grown. I'm just trying to work out if it'll be worth going back and editing the first 18.
I'm going to edit the rest of them as well, just because I'd like to hear the new stuff.

And actually I'm thinking what I could do is edit the new bits out of the podcast each Friday, and stick it onto the end of each Friday show (well, the two versions of the Friday show because of the Platinum Hour). Everyone happy with that? I don't think it's worth going back and adding them to the old shows, but I could start doing it from this week.
It's harder than you think finding the edit points in the podcast, not least because the quality changes all over the place. I was wondering if it might be worth just adding the whole thing, but then that's almost an hour's worth of stuff that's already in previous edits. I'll carry on editing them for now, but if anyone who listens to them can spot a mistake where I've edited one then let me know and I'll look into it.
There is an OCD part of me that would be tempted to retrospectively add the podcast edits to the end of the corresponding Friday shows and then re-upload the shows. The quality would be slightly lower, although I suspect it would be virtually impossible to tell the difference. The only question is whether I can be bothered to do it...
ianpwilliams wrote:Having said that, I wonder if there is a program which can join mp3's together without re-rendering them? There must be one.

There are tons. MP3directcut is one. I use it to top and tail, but also to join parts when the show recording drops out.
Open two instances of the prog, with each clip, then copy and paste between the windows.

The clips both have to be the same spec, of course. If they're not, you could upsample the lower-spec one first.

Shows are up

And yes this is the original Uglybob, I am sure t[…]