The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Adam
Bridgie wrote:
Adam wrote:
Bridgie wrote:what usb radio, i'll do the same if i can get one

its a device you can attach into your computer, using the usb hub.

i meant little bit more specific please. make/model etc

Modtech USB Radio
price: £40

Overall
Reviewed By: Andy Shaw

This review updated: 19/04/2002
Featured in magazine:
Issue 28, page 55
Manufacturer Contacts:
Supplier: EuroTech
Tel: 0870 458 0011
Web Address: http://www.euro-tech.co.uk

The internet is a great way of getting radio content from all around the world. However, if you just want a bit of background music while you're on your PC, and you're not using the internet at the time, you may want to keep your phone line free for other things.

This device is a kind of aerial that can sit on your desktop and plug into a USB port on the back of your PC. Then, using the supplied software you can scan through all the usual FM channels and even record programs as .WAV files onto your hard disk. This is a great piece of kit, handy for radio enthusiasts everywhere. However, it might have been nice if it was possible to use the same software interface to hook up to international radio stations over the net.

By Tricky
how much space (MBs) would a 3 hour show take?
By Adam
Forget Chris Moyles moving to the breakfast show.

Who's going to review the show? Is Uglybob going to get up at 7 in the morning, eh?
By steven7942
all you lazy b@*%!&#s will have to get up extra early now to listen to Moyles but think of poor ol me in Canada do you think I will be up at 2am to listen - ill have to get a software that saves the programme online or move back to Liverpool lol - plus we will be spoilt for choice because Johnny Vaughan is on Capital FM breakfast soon too ! ! ! should I be saying that on here? oh well :o) We gotta hope that the BBC put the show on the radio player on the bbc website so that we can listen to the show online anytime !

Steven.
By jimmy g
Big news.

Moyles would be so annoying in the morning. I don't know if I want to listen. It will be interesting to see what happens to the listening figures. Andy Parfit is so uncreative. Bring back Bannister.
By Jonny Hoare
Right. I beleive this move is foolish.

Heres what i would have done

Colin and Edith for breakfast, Cox to Late Drive, get Scott Mills opn sat and sunday. Dancing dave pearce to do one of the dance shows...

It smacks of steve wright on breakfast a few years ago. It just didnt work and neither will this. I wont change from Brazil and Parry on Talksport.

Time for a chrismoyles.net campaign
By Sidders
As if they'd listen to us. We've been saying for years that this is exactly what we don't want to happen.
By Mcqueen_
It's not exactly a big change in the schedule. Instead of Cox annoying you going to work/school she'll annoy you on the way home.

Don't think I'll get the chance to listen to Moyles in the morning much and i wont be listening to Radio1 in the afternoon for Cox either.
By Sidders
I'm certainly going to be making more effort to listen now though, so I think they're on the right lines to getting the listening figures back up.
By jimmy g
Does anyone have anything else to listen to in the afternoon? I guess I will have to learn to like Steve Wright...
By Jonny Hoare
It's crap crap crap
By Mcqueen_
I'll either listen to local radio in the afternoon or the recording of Moyles from the morning. I'll pretend this move has never happened.
By Sidders
I just won't listen in the afternoon. Suppose I'll have to find something new to do. Actually it could be a blessing, because I'm liable to have a hell of a lot of work to get done after the time of the switch.
By jimmy g
I wonder if he will change his style for breakfast. All the other presenters just repeat the same material every 45 minutes. I don't know if Coxy does, in total I have probably heard about 30 minutes of her show over three years.

I hope he does not call it the breakfast show.
By Ell Mc
Now that i think about it i think its going to be good that moyles ison in the morning because soon i am going to be starting a new job and i wouldnt listen to the radio while going to work if it was sarah cox but now its going to be moyles i will be listening every morning.
By David
when moyles covered for Zoe Ball in the past, I always felt he was funnier than his afternoon show. But that was only for 2 weeks at a time. If he moves to breakfast he is going to have to have the news on every 15 minutes, more of those pointless competitions, and not to mention that idiot Mark Chapman on the show...

I suppose we'll have to wait and see...
By cafemambo2
just a quick post from me as im now going out well done to moyles i havnt got a problem with sara but breakfast needs a change and better but moylesy! bout time! :D
Last edited by cafemambo2 on Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By markandlardrule
noooooo its awful i dont get to listen 2 much radio in the morn and coxy in the afteroon thats horrible

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!???? :evil:
Last edited by markandlardrule on Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sheep
:( what else can i say? :(
By jimmy g
Some idiots wrote:Completely gutted! Sara Cox made every morning that little bit more bearable - hilarious, down to earth and camper than a row of tents. With Chris Moyles at the helm, Radio 2 has never been more appealing!

Personally I think Sara Cox is wicked on the Breakfast Show.

Sara was the only bright spot in an otherwise increasingly awful programme.

Why does everyone like Colin and Edith so much? They sort of okay but have they ever made you laugh? They are only good compared to Coxy.
By markandlardrule
Colin and Edith are soo funny better that coxy, just hope they dont scrap Mark and Lard in the afternoon :(
By Adam
They work well together, and I enjoy listening to them.
By markandlardrule
which ones colin and edith or mark and lard or both!
By Adam
markandlardrule wrote:which ones colin and edith or mark and lard or both!

Colin and Edith.

I don't like listening to other couple.

Thank you both!!