The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By yummytummy
Has Dominic left the show?

As it is strange that they didn’t mention him today and he has been gone for 2 weeks. He is not even tweeeting.
By hdsport82
I didn't hear the whole show but it is a bit weird to not mention him if he's just on holiday (it is still school Easter holidays) and there are quite a few people tweeting asking. Of course there could be personal reasons (i.e. none of our business) which is why they aren't saying anything yet.
Last edited by hdsport82 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fish heads
Just a quick timeline – he was off last week and that seemed to be planned (although I don’t recall it being mentioned prior to the first show of last week). Yesterday it was mentioned Dom was still off, but it’s clear that was a last minute change as Chris mentioned that the newsreader covering walked past the studio just after half 6 to see if Dom was in or not so she’d know if she was reading the news at 7. That and Chris not really mentioning it further indicates to me it’s something personal and doesn’t fit the tone of the show rather than Dom being fired or leaving. In the latter two scenarios you know Chris would say something, even if it was a subtle comment or dig.
By Just Ben
I have a feeling last weeks absence wasn't planned either only because on Radio X's Best of British countdown, they played a trailer for the Trolley Dash which I'm sure promoted it as Chris and Dom taking part. They never seemed to air it again, so I reckon personal reasons are most likely also.
By jthw5
I have a feeling one of Dom’s parents may have died. The initial absence seemed unplanned, and the extra time off today and tomorrow could be for the funeral.

Hope he’s ok.
By Harry Briggs
He’s off again tomorrow, quote Moyles this morning ‘he’s defiantly back on Monday’

I hope him and his family are okay. This has got to be the longest a single persons been off, other than planned holidays, in the history of TCMS.
By Harry Briggs
I can assure you last Thursday on the show just after the 7am news Chris said that Dom would indeed be ‘definitely’ back today. He wasn’t. I really do hope the fellas okay. He hasn’t tweeted in about a month also. Baring in mind that’s his go to social media.
By Nicola_Red
Harry Briggs wrote:I can assure you last Thursday on the show just after the 7am news Chris said that Dom would indeed be ‘definitely’ back today.

Imma help you out here, Neil wasn't questioning your recollection of what Chris said, he was pointing out that in your initial post you didn't write 'definitely', you wrote 'defiantly' - and that's a whole different word. I imagine you were a victim of a wayward spellcheck or autocorrect, but there it is.
By CMfan
Old topic but thought others might be interested. I came across this online article as I live locally and I think it might sadly explain why Dom was off back in April... very sad news. http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/flamstead ... -1-5505367
If you’re unable to access the link it explains there was a charity event for Mum of 3, Nicola Byrne, 43, who passed away at the hospice in April.
By Nicola_Red
Oh that's awful, poor Dom and poor kids. I know they were separated/divorced but it must still have been incredibly difficult to deal with. Kudos to him for returning to the show and being able to be funny as soon as he did, he's a real professional. I work in a cancer hospital so I know exactly how this stuff affects families, it's very sad.
By Fledge
That’s desperately sad. Poor, poor things. Puts into perspective why we they may reluctant to talk about their private lives on national radio.
By Trigger
Oh very sad that, but the bloke seems to have emotional intelligence which I would kill for, he'll be fine, got his kids. Everyone loves Mr Frothy Bevvy.

Not the only newsreader either, Colin Brazier from Sky News also. Bad news all round.

Also not news related was Rio Ferdy who did a moving doc about said ordeal.

You realise how much they talked about their lives over the years, random stuff I recall...Mrs Byrne did not like the Americanisation of the world (I remember too much stuff!) And whenever they were having a baby, all the Carpetta Byrne gags.

Good to see he's back on form, total pro. There'll be no Elephants in that studio they know each other so well.

Rock on.

Thank you both!!