I’d like to tell a story
Of a chubby Northern man
In 1967 is where it all began
A brand new music service
Came from the BBC
To entertain, and play good songs
For folks like you and me
For over 40 years it worked
Until.... (transcribe fail, not sure about this bit)
When a DJ called Chris Moyles wrote
His Brand new Cheesy Song

Brand new Cheesy Song
Brand new Cheesy Song
Brand new Cheesy Song
Good Morning from the Chris Moyles Show
Morning from the Chris Moyles Show

The days of Cheesy DJs were about to disappear
When a bloke came on and he looked quite rough
From drinking too much beer
Chris Moyles is from a place called Leeds
And Dave is from Hong Kong
Radio Kings forever
It’s their Brand new Cheesy Song….

Brand new Cheesy Song
Brand new Cheesy Song
Brand new Cheesy Song
Good Morning from the Chris Moyles Show
International Radio One
By wireman2004
would someone kindly post the show please. and if possible. could they post it like a normal radio x show as i can get it as a rss feed for my phone and podkicker. thank you kindly.
By bmstinton93
Are we any clearer yet on whether that cheesy song was new? I don't recall ever hearing it, but someone on twitter seems to think it was from 2008.
By Trigger
bmstinton93 wrote:Are we any clearer yet on whether that cheesy song was new? I don't recall ever hearing it, but someone on twitter seems to think it was from 2008.

It's not new and formed part of my own tribute in the book. :D

(When the curtain fell on Moyles's R1 career I switched to this silly name)
By dinp
I really enjoyed listening to that. The link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059kqty (you'll need to sign in with a BBC ID).

Given that Moyles was never really about the music, it was a shame that they played music when they could easily have filled it with more material.

I won't post any spoilers relating to the material used, but I will say that when you hear it compared to the Radio X show, it is clear that the X show is pretty sluggish. There just isn't that quick-fire banter/on-air chemistry any more (and far fewer sound FX!). I'd say that in the on-air chemistry stakes, Johnny Vaughan has it spot on with his show.
By Misfit
Yeah pissed me off a bit with the music but I imagine it had to be done as Chris talks up to vocals to keep it smooth. They did cut songs short though.

It Was a great show. Obviously a lot of highlights I’ve heard before several times but yes, really showed the way the X show isn’t on a par. I don’t think Carrie at Wimbledon would work on X for example. They couldn’t stick with it, have to break off for adverts or something.

It reminded me why I’m such a fan. Chris tweeting Dave and mentioning him on the podcast kind of makes me feel like it’s very much a problem Dave has with Chris rather than the other way round.
By Randomisation20
Quite emotional Hearing the cheesy song on this even know that seems weird because I listen to the old shows all the time LOL but no was a very lovingly done by the BBC And the whole vintage project is brilliantly executed
By Topher
Wait, was this a live show, not an archived one? Will have to listen back - who was involved / on air?
By James H
Topher wrote:Wait, was this a live show, not an archived one? Will have to listen back - who was involved / on air?

There was a link at the beginning that was new, the rest of it was all archive material
By Fledge
Just listened - absolutely brilliant radio. I haven't laughed out loud at the radio like that in a long time.

I love listening to CM on the radio in any form, but boy do I wish we could get back to the 2010 era CMS in terms of quality. I'd love Chris and Dave to make up, but I think it's unlikely from what we've read - and I respect that. If they did, I wonder if the relationship would be too changed, anyway.

Ho hum.
By clublander
It was the end jingle that got me more than the cheesy song for some reason.

I don't know whether it's just my era, or Aled had plenty of involvement, or just the fact CM was clearly absolutely over the moon to be part of it, but it was the best hour so far by a mile.

The clips, the music, everything was exactly right for a mini Chris Moyles show. Just sad it once again highlights how absolutely fantastic it all was. Crazy times, but a storming highlights show.

Looking forward to Mark and Lard too.
By fish heads
Very tenuous Moyles connection but there was a clip of Producer Will from the afternoon show talking about going clubbing on Zoe Ball's highlights show.

I haven't listened to the Moyles one yet, but presume it was just breakfast show related rather than afternoon stuff?
By Nicola_Red
Mark & Lard's hour was great too. I was listening to it in an earphone at work and snorted aloud at the Anusol Masters of One Man & His Frog. I was sad that they couldn't fit one of Lard's Classic Cuts in, but otherwise it was perfect.
By whotook
I might have missed it but does anyone know if the show has being upload to the download /sound vault.

I also need to find the mark and lard show. Never got time to listen to them.