The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By SAV1OUR
I think Doms doing voiceover for Superstar or summat, I reckon he'll pop up here and there, he can do anything within the BBC now they know his credentials.

He's done stuff elsewhere and will continue to do so I hope.
By Emmy
I've always thought that Dom must have really loved working on the show to stick around doing the same thing for so long, because if he had just been a regular Newsbeat journalist I'm sure he would have moved up the ranks of BBC News long ago. I've been seeing lots of the old presenters from the Newsrounds of my childhood popping up as main ITV and BBC news presenters and reporters recently, and it had actually got me thinking about why Dom was happy to stay at Newsbeat (which to be honest, is a bit rubbish) for what must be at least ten years now, when he could do so much better. But now that he's gone freelance and broken ties with the BBC I'm thinking that perhaps he wants to get away from news journalism altogether and become involved in something a bit more 'showbiz', but I have no idea what exactly that might be apart from the odd voiceover.

And rightly or wrongly, I often feel quite sorry for Dave when reading some of his tweets, which mention trying to get his life in order and keep his head above water. As has been noted on the show, he seems to be working a hell of a lot recently, with hardly any time off even at weekends. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, and I really hope that he can get one or two main gigs after this which will pay his way, so he can relax a little bit. I know he's only 24, but he's old enough to be needing to slow down a bit.
By Nicola_Red
Emmy wrote: I know he's only 24, but he's old enough to be needing to slow down a bit.

Yes, I'm also 24 *cough* and I know how it catches up with you!
By Emmy
Nicola_Red wrote:
Emmy wrote: I know he's only 24, but he's old enough to be needing to slow down a bit.

Yes, I'm also 24 *cough* and I know how it catches up with you!

I know, it really does. I'm only 24 and 61 months, but I've recently taken to having a little afternoon nap when I get in from work!
By DarroM
I thought he was 26 *cough* 38 *cough* so he is younger than I thought!

I will miss Dom a lot when the show ends, as he is definitely one of my favourite members especially when he laughs hysterically or is in pain from the Folkface Big Weekend highlights & table of pain respectively. I know he has been doing voice-overs a bit quite recently like that Penn & Teller show a while back so he should be alright if he continues to get gigs like that & Superstar and more but I would like for him to join Chris on his next endeavour.

Dave will probably start doing a lot more on 5 Live so he should be fine and dandy but my ideal situation would be that Chris, Dave, Dom & Aled can somewhow stick together and do a show or at least have them in from time to time if Chris is going solo or whatnot.
I have always thought that Dom, as much as, if not more than anyone else has absolutely loved being on the show. Whether it's because he never thought his career would take him in this direction or not I dont know, but he seems to have loved it.

Dave and Dom are massively important to the show for me. Firstly, I hope Dave moves to whatever show Chris does next, but I would love it if Dom went with him as well, even if it is not as a newsreader. The Chris, Dave and Dom triumvirate works perfectly.
By Yudster
Dave is ok, he has his new show and does other things - I do wonder what's next for Dom though. He might be regretting leaving the BBC to go freelance now, because apart from The Odd Box and an occasional voiceover, he doesn't seem to do much other than TCMS.
Yudster wrote:Dave is ok, he has his new show and does other things - I do wonder what's next for Dom though. He might be regretting leaving the BBC to go freelance now, because apart from The Odd Box and an occasional voiceover, he doesn't seem to do much other than TCMS.

He is doing the Superstar show on ITV1 which is the search for Jesus in the musical Moyles doing.
By Yudster
Good - I don't watch a lot of that sort of telly so I wasn't aware of it. I have to say, Jesus in that show is the worst part. In fact its a pretty dreary show all round. Herod is by far the best part.
By Nicola_Red
Emmy wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Mark and Lard continued to work together on occasion after their show finished

I can't remember that, what did they do together?

Oh, nothing very prolific unfortunately. Marc *CLANG! namedrop* told me that they were doing a football dvd together last time I spoke to him, which was a couple of years ago at least.
By wireman2004
Nicola_Red wrote:
Emmy wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Mark and Lard continued to work together on occasion after their show finished

I can't remember that, what did they do together?

Oh, nothing very prolific unfortunately. Marc *CLANG! namedrop* told me that they were doing a football dvd together last time I spoke to him, which was a couple of years ago at least.

I Think i saw that dvd. Never brought it though.
By Emmy
Nicola_Red wrote:Oh, nothing very prolific unfortunately. Marc *CLANG! namedrop* told me that they were doing a football dvd together last time I spoke to him, which was a couple of years ago at least.

Aha, a football dvd. That will be why that one completely passed me by then.
By Nicola_Red
I guess it must be from the end of 2004, after they finished the show. Once again, time flies!
By Emmy
Nicola_Red wrote:I guess it must be from the end of 2004, after they finished the show. Once again, time flies!

To use a real cliche, but one that does seem true to me in this case, it only seems like yesterday. A very sad fact; I recorded their last show on two cassette tapes set on timers because I was at college that day and had no other way of hearing it afterwards, and I've kept a cassette player in my house to this day just so I can listen to it every now and again. :oops: I do only mean maybe once or twice a year, but it's still sad!
By chrisjames
Dave and Dom wil be j ust fine.They have lots of things going on. It does seem like the big boss wants Chris to do any new show on Radio One on his own without any zoo format, but you never know, maybe another radio station might want to bring the whole team on to do a show for them
By slaphead1982
chrisjames wrote:Dave and Dom wil be j ust fine.They have lots of things going on. It does seem like the big boss wants Chris to do any new show on Radio One on his own without any zoo format, but you never know, maybe another radio station might want to bring the whole team on to do a show for them

I'm not sure I'd like the idea of the those three being together on a show on a different station.
Change that to those three being together on a commercial station. The BBC has and will always be the best at doing radio.
By chrisjames
wireman2004 wrote:i thought it was just grimmy that wasnt doing a zoo format on breakfast...

Well Ben Cooper said he wanted Chris to 'reinvent' himself which I take to mean he wants him to do a show on his own without an on air team
By wireman2004
chrisjames wrote:
wireman2004 wrote:i thought it was just grimmy that wasnt doing a zoo format on breakfast...

Well Ben Cooper said he wanted Chris to 'reinvent' himself which I take to mean he wants him to do a show on his own without an on air team

Any links to this. i've not seen it.

You remind me of someone from when i have a look at unofficial mills from time to time..
By The Deadly
Capital or any other successful station would be stupid to not at least offer a show to Chris and the team. Can't see any of them not working for the BBC but another radio station would be in a no lose situation by taking the Chris Moyles show.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]