The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Turicum
I thought at first this was a joke

David Vitty, who performed as Comedy Dave on the 'Radio 1 Breakfast Show' with Chris Moyles, is launching a production company that aims to take on ad agencies.

Vitty has joined the post-production and adaptation company Zebra Crossing as part of the launch management team of Zebra Crossing’s new production company Stripey Horse. Vitty will take the role of head of development.

The production company will offer beginning-to-end services for brands, developing ideas, shooting commercials and post-production. Stripey Horse will also have facilities in Cape Town and Sydney, making post-production cheaper.

In addition to advertising work, Stripey Horse, which is based in Camden, will seek to develop and pitch programme ideas, and is also keen to expand into branded content.

Vity said: "We’re looking at all sorts of avenues, as long as it’s a quality product."

The other members of the Stripey Horse management team include Luke Hammersley, Nic Franklin and Nicola Martin, who will service as chief executive, creative director and head of production, respectively.

Dave tweeting about it: https://twitter.com/davidvitty/status/4 ... 1303658496
By chrysostom
"In his role at Radio 1 Dave was responsible for writing and creating a lot of the show’s content, and as one of the co-founders of Stripey Horse, he continues this role in shaping the commercial and programming content being developed and produced."

HAH.
By Topher
Radio Today wrote:Dominic is also a Voice Over and is currently the voice of an alien called Zorst in the CBeebies show Space Pirates.

I'm pretty sure Space Pirates hasn't been on for a good few years... and anyway, the occasional Peppa Pig voice is more impressive to mention.
By dimtimjim
That's nice of them, good on 'em.
By Yudster
Turicum wrote:I thought at first this was a joke

David Vitty, who performed as Comedy Dave on the 'Radio 1 Breakfast Show' with Chris Moyles, is launching a production company that aims to take on ad agencies.

Vitty has joined the post-production and adaptation company Zebra Crossing as part of the launch management team of Zebra Crossing’s new production company Stripey Horse. Vitty will take the role of head of development.

The production company will offer beginning-to-end services for brands, developing ideas, shooting commercials and post-production. Stripey Horse will also have facilities in Cape Town and Sydney, making post-production cheaper.

In addition to advertising work, Stripey Horse, which is based in Camden, will seek to develop and pitch programme ideas, and is also keen to expand into branded content.

Vity said: "We’re looking at all sorts of avenues, as long as it’s a quality product."

The other members of the Stripey Horse management team include Luke Hammersley, Nic Franklin and Nicola Martin, who will service as chief executive, creative director and head of production, respectively.

Dave tweeting about it: https://twitter.com/davidvitty/status/4 ... 1303658496

Just because its true doesn't mean it isn't a joke.
By Emmy
Dave was on Richard Bacon's 'Moan-In' for the final time today. Another income source gone, as Bacon leaves 5live and moves to L.A. Dave did manage to slip in the old classic about it being 'a hardship for the nation' when talking about Richard's departure.
By Yudster
Well by everyone's definition of Chris's employment status (ie we don't know what he's doing therefore he must be doing nothing), Dave is well and truly gainfully employed isn't he? He's got a couple of corporate roles that I have heard about anyway.
By G-Sizzle
I'm still baffled as to why Dave, Dom or Chris haven't started podcasting.
Advertising revenues from podcasts are huge these days, and with fairly low overheads It really is money for old rope.

If relative nobodies can make money podcasting then I'm sure they could make a living doing one show a week.
By swaddon1903
Maybe Dave doesn't want to do it, perhaps he's fed up of being a media personality, for want of a better phrase, and just wants to do something else away from the limelight.

Chris has his YouTube videos now, maybe that will eventually lead to him producing a podcast if he wants to.
By Nicola_Red
I'll clip that if I can even remember how radio downloader words. It's been a looong time.
By Topher
Oh blimey - is he back working for the BBC now then? How was he introduced, political correspondent?
By swaddon1903
Topher wrote:Oh blimey - is he back working for the BBC now then? How was he introduced, political correspondent?

"Professional voice coach and former news reader on the Chris Moyles Show".
By Nicola_Red
Thankyou Neil. Apparently radio downloader died a death about a year ago, I had no idea.
By Topher
I saw that. It should do, Three Counties does, although oddly you can't listen again on the iPlayer radio app.