The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Also Scott's show has always been pretty childish - well, for a long time anyway - Scott hasn't done a decent show since he left early breakfast (it was really good on early breakfast).
bmstinton93 wrote:Have you heard Scott's show lately? Best show on radio one, probably better than Moyles. Chris Stark has done so much to the show.

Yup, this. Scott is the best broadcaster on the station.
So, I couldn’t find a better thread to post this in:

3 out of last 5 podcasts of the Scott mills show on R1 has had a pop at chris. Latest one is Chris Stark mentioned Moyles and and Scott’s like “who?” Then they talked about him ripping songs apart on air and all that.

So odd when they used to be pals.
When Scott was on early breakfast (ironically when he was good), Chris used to take the piss out of him all the time (and Scott definitely alluded to that once or twice on air when he did it) - but I think that was more down to the fact that Chris always took the piss out of the early breakfast host - he mercilessly ripped Clive Warren too.
Misfit wrote:So, I couldn’t find a better thread to post this in:

3 out of last 5 podcasts of the Scott mills show on R1 has had a pop at chris. Latest one is Chris Stark mentioned Moyles and and Scott’s like “who?” Then they talked about him ripping songs apart on air and all that.

I just posted about this in the R1 birthday thread! Ugh, I hate the weird unspoken aggro that's developed between them.
Scott was never breakfast show material. If he has any beef it should be directed at Grimshaw for being fast tracked to the hotseat. (not likely, bunch of suck ups!)

I hope Greg James gets unleashed next, I always want him to do well but he hasn't given me any reason to think of him at the helm, far too ordinary, probably end up doing a reggie and go round the world making documentaries about stuff like a poor man's Ross Kemp.
Evs wrote:Also, Scott was willing to swap timeslot. Chris would have been welcome elsewhere in the schedule.

I don't think Mills was overly happy at swapping slot reading his book, however he embraced change and went with it and reinvented himself, and now is stronger than ever IMO and is definitely the best jock on the station, closely followed by Greg James - who should be on breakfast IMO and should have been put there after CM

Is it not right Moyles was in negotiations with BBC about another slot that never came to fruition ?
Misfit wrote:So, I couldn’t find a better thread to post this in:

What casts were these going to download
Leverest wrote:
Evs wrote:Also, Scott was willing to swap timeslot. Chris would have been welcome elsewhere in the schedule.

I don't think Mills was overly happy at swapping slot reading his book, however he embraced change and went with it and reinvented himself, and now is stronger than ever IMO and is definitely the best jock on the station, closely followed by Greg James - who should be on breakfast IMO and should have been put there after CM

Is it not right Moyles was in negotiations with BBC about another slot that never came to fruition ?
IIRC, Chris was offered late nights and declined.
Leverest wrote:
Harry Briggs wrote:He’s off to Radio 2 when the next permanent slot comes I think. .

Would have thought the next R2 slot will go to Sara Cox? or Trevor Nelson?
This has to be either Ken Bruce or Steve Wright retiring or at least winding down to weekends only

Both Ken and Steve will be around for a long long time in their current slots. Both pull in great figures. My bet (I've said this before) is Evans leaving breakfast and Sarah Cox getting the gig full time.

Thank you both!!