The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
I am so poor I can't afford to download it til next week. I will do, as I can't donate any money to the campaign today, but I#m not sure I'll enjoy it either. I think it's a product of old age that drunk people start to seem less funny, especially when you're not drunk yourself. But we'll see.
By Trigger
Downloaded it. Pleased to have given some money.

I'll stick it on a CD like the old days and have a listen in the car. It does feel very pubby, and reminds me why I prefer the polished professionalism of the studio, and how direct he can be with the audience.

I have completed the Pubcast listening experience. Well that was different! Lets do a big shit in the middle of the floor, Ah Come on! it's for charideeeee!!!1!!!!!

Reminds me of Harry Enfield, you will need to get in that 'zone' if you wish to enjoy this pubcast... Oh Camoowwn! It's for charidee!

By hdsport82
Good to see I'm not alone in not being able to stand Keith Lemon. I'll probably download it at some point over the weekend but even without listening I think I can safely say I'd much rather it had just been the team.
I didn't think it was too bad. Lemon is eh but he wasn't unbearable or anything, nor did Ben Shepherd really affect anything. The team were a bit too quiet but then I always complain about hearing Dave and Pippa in every link, so I'm not going to kick up a fuss. Plus, ultimately it's for charity and if £3 helps someone then I'm happy to have "done my bit." It was fine. Perfectly listenable.

Could have done without Drunk Alan Partridge, but Chris will throw a hissy fit if he thinks we're bitching about something done for charity. So let's just pretend that Drunk Alan was in any way amusing. You could put Fred West on the podcast and the defense would still be "but it's for charity!" Just isn't worth kicking up a fuss about.
By Evs
Did he mention Dave Vitty? I was hoping he might be the surprise guest - would have been the perfect environment to bury the hatchet and put that one to bed.
Interesting that the Breakfast Replay podcast is at the stage just before Celebrity Juice launched, with a recent episode featuring Chris basically saying that he really likes Leigh Francis but wishes he would drop the unfunny Keith Lemon character.
By ryanvdz1
In case anyone else is a bit of a stickler for details, I bought the pubcast and thought the lack of ID3 tags wasn't, right so I cropped one of the images from the store site to make cover art...

Rest of the tags were pretty standard stuff. Just wanted the thing to appear right on my phone. :)
By Badger Mark
[quote="northernsteve"]Interesting that the Breakfast Replay podcast is at the stage just before Celebrity Juice launched, with a recent episode featuring Chris basically saying that he really likes Leigh Francis but wishes he would drop the unfunny Keith Lemon character.[/quote]

So having listened to the pubcast I have to say, I was disappointed. Mostly because of Keith Lemon's presence. I do not find him funny at all. If they do this again I really hope he's not part of it.
By Trigger
northernsteve wrote:Interesting that the Breakfast Replay podcast is at the stage just before Celebrity Juice launched, with a recent episode featuring Chris basically saying that he really likes Leigh Francis but wishes he would drop the unfunny Keith Lemon character.

'Willllly Wonka' (sung like Craaaiiiig David)

Took me a while to get that. In Chris's view, Lemon is basically Craaaiiig David without the mask.

I don't think Leigh is that fussed about launching new characters now cos he's had a bloody good run for his money. With him being from Leeds also means you have to kind of embrace that because Chris is also from there, it's always going to be quite cute I guess, watching the pair of them larking around, bit like during the Longman days, that was a real slice of Leeds. Not forgetting Rob DJ too.

To dismiss Lemon is a bit like to be one of those Brits who go to Spain and eat fry ups and watch footy. You have to embrace the cultural backdrop of where you are.
By Meldrew
Badger Mark wrote:
northernsteve wrote:Interesting that the Breakfast Replay podcast is at the stage just before Celebrity Juice launched, with a recent episode featuring Chris basically saying that he really likes Leigh Francis but wishes he would drop the unfunny Keith Lemon character.

So having listened to the pubcast I have to say, I was disappointed. Mostly because of Keith Lemon's presence. I do not find him funny at all. If they do this again I really hope he's not part of it.

This. Totally agree. I was expecting something special and it might have been, but he totally ruined it. All the other guests, fine, but he took over and he's just unfunny.
I just listened to the Pubcast yesterday, what a crock of shit. I really liked the idea, I don't mind the idea or involving other people.

They said they did 3 hours and got 53 mins of material? And the best of that was pooh/wee/wank stories which I don't want to hear. I liked the idea of him answering questions and he got 1/2 out and they weren't interesting.

I know they've mentioned doing it again, if they do, I hope it's different, I'd love an honest Q&A with Chris.

I'm really annoyed that it was billed as uncensored and they edited 3 hours down to 50 mins! That's not uncensored.
bwfcol wrote:I'm really annoyed that it was billed as uncensored and they edited 3 hours down to 50 mins! That's not uncensored.

They said It would be uncensored, They never said it would be unedited.
By Trigger
Poor but the premise of the whole thing was that you were getting as close to the real experience of having a pint in a pub with the man himself, effing and jeffing and crudeness allowed, I'd say that's worth £3. Even Joe of Ivory Tower fame would not have complained about that price tag.

Given that the Queen received an unusual guest for lunch it got me thinking about that Harry Enfield sketch all over again! Ah come onnn! It's Christmassss.
It still appears to be available to purchase (proceeds to charity) and download from the link two posts above.
Moyles Dreamy Music

What’s that music Chris used to tease Tina with […]

Yes there is a podcast from 30th November in my ap[…]