The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By JRT-UK-NZ
They were all really really nice when i met them, it wasn't an awkward silence at all. She asked my username, and i replied and tried to explain i dont really post at all on the forum's, i joined back in 2011? 2012? becuase i was really missing the show when working overseas, in New Zealand and Australia. I was placed on a farm in the middle of nowhere and had hardly any internet connection to stream or download entire shows. So i owe a lot to the users on the site who responded to my audio requests.

Dave was great when i met him, was talking away for a good few minutes, giving me the sell of future clubnights before this one had even began hehe. He thanked me for listening to the show and was very kind with his time etc...

Chris was great too, i asked him before his set for a photo and he said not just now, i have work to do on my set. Then after i thought i would try again, figured it was worth an ask. He was really good about it and even told me to walk into a diffrent area where the light was better that was out the way so i could get a better photo. Cant really ask for much more than that. I am well pleased with myself and a great night was had by all.
Last edited by JRT-UK-NZ on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rocka23
Nicola_Red wrote:
rocka23 wrote:
How can anybody be disappointed with it after the amount of personal and professional digs at Chris on his own fan site recently?

I don't feel like I've seen a lot of personal digs. Professional though, yeah.

For me the jibes on here are personal, particularly around him not caring and his LA trips.

I'm sure he was making light of it all and didn't mean anything to upset anybody, as for Pippa, asking for that constructive feedback when it clearly wasn't wanted and then failing to defend anybody here or herself. Complete liberty!! Haha
By deimantee1
This just goes to show that we have to be nice, as we don't know when our posts will be read on air :D The whole link was quite funny, and I do not think Chris meant anything mean. However, I think Pippa should still come here every once in a while and read what we have to say. :)
By jeddeth
Hi Pippa,

Why is it that whenever you guys talk to people in the office it sounds like they are speaking through a tin can attached to a string? Surely in a radio studio there should be better means of communication from the studio to the offices, no? Is there some historical significance or something? Even walkie talkies would probably sound better.

Love the show!

Jed
By David
jeddeth wrote:Hi Pippa,

Why is it that whenever you guys talk to people in the office it sounds like they are speaking through a tin can attached to a string? Surely in a radio studio there should be better means of communication from the studio to the offices, no? Is there some historical significance or something? Even walkie talkies would probably sound better.

Love the show!

Jed

It's Talkback - comes out a little speaker on the desk, and in their headphones. Never designed to go out on air!
By David
jeddeth wrote:Ok, that makes sense. So in their ears do they hear it a lot better and clearer than we do?

What's going out on the radio is essentially holding a microphone up to a speaker.
So what they'll hear in the studio will certainly be better and clearer.
But the talkback microphone in the office wont be a broadcast quality mic like the ones in the studio - so they still wont hear it as great as what the studio mics sound.
By MadTheEddos
Hey Pippa!

Awesome to see you on here. This is honesty and not flattery, but without having met in person, I'm struggling to think of anyone I've ever come across who seems more genuinely nice. Your contributions to the show are top quality.

Belated welcome to da forumz!
By neilt0
7 minutes in:

Ooh, that's good, Topsy.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]