The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By neilt0
Chris Moyles' former Radio 1 boss in child sex arrest
EXCLUSIVE: Radio exec Sandy Beech was arrested at Paphos Airport in Cyprus

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... abuse.html

DJ CHRIS Moyles’ former Radio 1 jingles producer has been charged with child sex abuse.

Sandy Beech, 45, created hundreds of tunes for the star’s BBC show.

The radio executive, who now presents a show in Cyprus, was arrested at Paphos Airport on Tuesday.

He is accused of sexually abusing a child between May and August last year.

He was released on bail and will face a trial on the island later this month.

Details of the charge cannot be revealed for legal reasons.

Beech worked with One Direction and Robbie Williams when Moyles had his Radio 1 breakfast slot, which aired until 2012.

He also took part in organising live shows.

As director of production company Music4, Beech also helped to produce Moyles’ The Difficult Second Album, which features Olly Murs and Gary Barlow.

In 2014 Beech launched Sunshine Radio in Cyprus. He is also a major shareholder in a medical centre for British residents there.
By James H
He did work on the Radio X stuff.

If this is true I'm not sure what it'll do to the jingles, maybe Radio X will take them off.

Although I do have to say he hasn't actually been convicted yet, a lot of conclusion jumping going on in this thread!
By Yudster
Ok question - why didn't the photographer wait a few seconds and take a picture of him actually lighting it, or actually smoking? If that had actually happened it would have been just as easy to print THAT picture which would surely be "better" than this one? Let's all have a think about that ...
By Fledge
Yudster wrote:Ok question - why didn't the photographer wait a few seconds and take a picture of him actually lighting it, or actually smoking? If that had actually happened it would have been just as easy to print THAT picture which would surely be "better" than this one? Let's all have a think about that ...

I thought the v same...
By David
Correct. Not a smoker myself, but I know many who would have a cigarette in their mouth for sometimes half an hour before they got out the building to light it.

Shame they've had to drag Moyles into the Sandy Beech story.
By dimtimjim
Sandy Beech - no comment.

Moyles smoking inside - what a non-story. As already mentioned above (by the oracle that is Yuddles); had he actually lit it and stood there smoking inside, surely they would have had a photo of that. Alas, no. But, the headline "Radio X DJ Chris Moyles stops briefly to look out of a window before going for a fag break" wouldn't hold the same gravitas.

Lazy journalism for stupid people.
By lukewizzy
James H wrote:If this is true I'm not sure what it'll do to the jingles, maybe Radio X will take them off.

Why would they do that? He's not the only guy who worked on them, that's like not letting anyone broadcast clips of football matches with Adam Johnson in. I'll be disappointed if this is true, because his work for the show has always been stellar.
By Capes
if true this is such a shame. It's also horrendous if true and totally unacceptable.

I'm surprised that M4 website hasn't been updated, although I guess Chris was pretty much keeping the company going with all his jingle work he gave them
By Topher
lukewizzy wrote:
James H wrote:If this is true I'm not sure what it'll do to the jingles, maybe Radio X will take them off.

Why would they do that? He's not the only guy who worked on them, that's like not letting anyone broadcast clips of football matches with Adam Johnson in. I'll be disappointed if this is true, because his work for the show has always been stellar.

I guess this is a matter of opinion as to whether you think it's appropriate and a radio station has to tread a fine line in a situation like this so as not to offend anyone - and I don't think it would be unreasonable for people to be offended by it.

Example: my mum likes to sing Two Little Boys to my son and nephew and as soon as Rolf Harris was arrested she went out and bought it in case they took it off sale in the future. I, on the other hand, threw out and deleted all my Lostprophets albums and tracks after Ian Watkins was found guilty of his crimes - I couldn't really listen to any of it again without feeling a bit sick.
By bmstinton93
Yeah, I didn't massively like Lostprophets but I've still got the album with Rooftops on and if I hear that song I don't massively think too much of it and I still enjoy it for the song it is.
By Nicola_Red
I know we've had this discussion before re Ian Watkins but it is just a case of whether the art and the artist should be separated. I think in theory they should be but in practice that's rarely possible. I threw out/deleted my Lostprophets stuff too - I couldn't listen to it without thinking of him and his vile crimes. Likewise if any of this is proven true, people may well feel the same about the jingles. But we'll see.
By Topher
lukewizzy wrote:Looks like it's all on Dave to do any new jingles then.

Because that is the most pressing concern?!