The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
The edits are a god send for me, I'm in Australia and I can listen at work. I can use listen again but it's not great.

As for the show, I think Q4 2016 and so far this year, the show kicked up a gear, there's more features, Dom's Korean Billy thing was really funny.

I like Chris' impression of Hannah, in fact, Dave may be becoming my 2nd favourite all time team member behind Dom (and I've listened since '99).

I hope they drop the date Dom thing, the odd creepy caller is funny but the joke is done, also not helped that Dom seemed happily married at R1 and no mention of his wife (or former wife?) but many of his kids
It's just a shame Korean Billy has been featuring and appearing on Scott Mills' show on R1 for the past 2wks. I'm sure they didn't realise (I highly doubt any of them listen to Scott) but it seemed very much like they were ripping off material.
bwfcol wrote:The edits are a god send for me, I'm in Australia and I can listen at work. I can use listen again but it's not great.

As for the show, I think Q4 2016 and so far this year, the show kicked up a gear, there's more features, Dom's Korean Billy thing was really funny.

I like Chris' impression of Hannah, in fact, Dave may be becoming my 2nd favourite all time team member behind Dom (and I've listened since '99).

I hope they drop the date Dom thing, the odd creepy caller is funny but the joke is done, also not helped that Dom seemed happily married at R1 and no mention of his wife (or former wife?) but many of his kids

The impression reminds me a little of the impression that Chris used to do for 'other' Dave's first wife not quite as 'Mavis Riley' though . I agree the show has been better recently whether it will have had any impact on the RAJARs (out publically on Thursday) remains to be seen.

As for Dom I think we can read between the lines and anyone who can use Google can find certain things that also add to the impression we've all got. Clearly though it's up for him to decide if/when it's something for on air so I think we can leave it there.
hdsport82 wrote:
As for Dom I think we can read between the lines and anyone who can use Google can find certain things that also add to the impression we've all got. Clearly though it's up for him to decide if/when it's something for on air so I think we can leave it there.

Just out of curiosity I took a look at Dom's Wikipedia page and was surprised to find this nugget:

"In December 2011 Dominic Byrne championed the song Dominick the Donkey by Italian American singer Lou Monte on The Chris Moyles Show, helping it achieve a peak chart position of number 3 on the UK Top 40 during Christmas 2011. Byrne was actually the inspiration for the song, following a chance meeting with Monte in the early 1950s where Byrne was holidaying with his family in New York. In Monte's final interview before his death, he revealed: "I was walking the hills of Brooklyn, thinking there must be a better way to get about. Then I saw this little bald-headed boy and he just reminded me of a donkey.""

Every once in a while they get on the topic of everybody's Wikipedia pages. Maybe it's time to revisit them during the show.
hdsport82 wrote:
bwfcol wrote:I hope they drop the date Dom thing, the odd creepy caller is funny but the joke is done, also not helped that Dom seemed happily married at R1 and no mention of his wife (or former wife?) but many of his kids

It's already been pointed out earlier in this thread that he was noticed to be no longer wearing a wedding ring. I mentioned that he could be having it cleaned/plated etc or it could have become too tight/loose but since then it's been made obvious on the show that that isn't the case. Running a 'date Dom' feature makes it plain that he's single, which is fair enough. (I think date Dom is funny for what it's worth - and I like that they have allowed men as well as women to get involved.)
Trigger wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2821161/nick-grimshaw-loses-half-a-million-listeners-in-the-last-year-as-radio-one-loses-a-fifth-of-its-audience-in-five-years/

No 'Summertime' excuses now. The Grim sure is tanking!

Think that leaves him a little below the level Sara Cox was Chris took over, of course the media landscape is different now but still. Also I wonder what the average age is?

As for Chris it seems very static a small increase could just be the vagaries of the RAJARs but I wonder if 'X' has reached a ceiling that's going to need something more (marketing etc) to grow much further.
Trigger wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2825952/chris-moyles-is-unrecognisable-after-losing-five-stone-as-he-steps-out-at-the-opening-of-jamie-olivers-new-restaurant-barbecoa/

All good stuff.

Vile comments section.
bwfcol wrote:I hope they drop the date Dom thing, the odd creepy caller is funny but the joke is done, also not helped that Dom seemed happily married at R1 and no mention of his wife (or former wife?) but many of his kids

From what I can see Dom's wife (jane/jayne) is still a director of doms voice training company so she's still around.

I just wonder if you hey decised to keep their private life off air on the new show.
whotook wrote:

From what I can see Dom's wife (jane/jayne) is still a director of doms voice training company so she's still around.

I just wonder if you hey decised to keep their private life off air on the new show.

Jayne was Dave's ex wife, Dom's ex wife was called Nicola.