The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
bwfcol wrote:I wish he'd stop banging on about Star Wars, it's so boring and not everyone likes it

I know, banging on about the largest film franchise of all time, the biggest earning films of all time...

Surely Chris knows he is the only person on the planet to have even heard of these films, let alone seen them...

You should have voiced your opinion to Disney, bwfcol, they could have dodged a bullet by paying £4 BILLION for the rights to the franchise, when clearly NO-ONE likes it... :?
My point is that not EVERYONE likes it, I know it's popular & no issue talking about it a bit but it's too much in my opinion & I've been a bit bored by it all.

They didn't play Jose, no parodies so far on this show, something he might be moving away from
To be fair it is a massive event, because it's such a big gap and such a huge franchise. And everyone's going crazy over it (way too over the top in fact, just like everything these days), not just Moyles. I'm sure he'll not talk about it for too long on Monday. And I'll bet that next year's Star Wars film will be much smaller news.

And while we're complaining, that Jamie Oliver Q&A bored the hell out me :-?
bwfcol wrote:Woh, why so much agression because I'm not a Star Wars fan?

One of my faults is that I can never switch Moyles off, even during the Teen Awards era 8O

No aggression here sir, just a friendly suggestion. I get that though. I've become a lot more of a casual listener as of late, I'm just not that obsessed with the show as I use to be so it's quite easy for my to just listen to the bits I enjoy rather than the whole show every day.
right at the end of today's show (18th) did you notice that it says returns tomorrow morning at 6.30am. I don't think so as it's Saturday oooppss
bwfcol wrote:My point is that not EVERYONE likes it, I know it's popular & no issue talking about it a bit but it's too much in my opinion & I've been a bit bored by it all.

They didn't play Jose, no parodies so far on this show, something he might be moving away from

Comedy Dave wrote most of the parodies, so that would explain why there hasn't been any.
Oh, Christ knows. Something about no breakfast show on xmas eve, but a 4 hour platinum hour from 9pm...then a recorded show on xmas day...then back as normal next week but not normal, from 9am...I'm completely lost. Scott is on the R1 breakfast show from Monday so I'm tempted to just listen live to that and download Ian's edited Moyles shows to listen to on the way home from work instead.
Frothy Bevvy wrote:I *believe* Nicola is right except next week's 9am shows will be more of a 'podcast' type format with some pre-recorded links but primarily 'best of' clips from the first 3 months of the show. But that's only what I've read elsewhere.

Yes I believe your right. Chris is live tomorrow and Wednesday normal time. Then on Christmas Eve John Holmes is covering his breakfast show but there's a special 4 hour 'Platinum Hour' 9pm-1am. On Christmas day a full recorded show then the following week is all pre-recorded 9am-12pm (Jon Holmes doing 6.30am-9am) with the occasional best bits I think. Back from usual week starting 4th January!
what do you think Chris was miming this morning. I think it was that been offered 3 more years
a tiny bit mentioned that it was brilliant and that was it really

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]