The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Harry Briggs wrote:But with 5 live primarily covering awful lot of news and sport, would they have Chris doing a frivolous radio show?

They have Danny Baker now of course finding another slot in the schedule for Chris is difficult but some of the shows are hardly the Today programme when it comes seriousness/'hard news' so it's not impossible. Maybe he'd be at home in the old Mayo/Bacon (now Afternoon Edition) slot. Although I think they like having double acts in daytime which also avoids the Radio 2 problem of being all male etc.
5live is not self op, part of the magic of The Chris Moyles Show for me is Chris' ability with the desk.

Plus, Chris makes the show about him. Five live is about other people. Maybe a late night phone in, but I can't see him on daytimes.

Also given 5live loses Peter Allen off daytimes next week and they've just had a re-shuffle for that, I doubt they will again so soon.

Misfit
He'd really have to change his act to ever work on 5 Live.

Bacon and Mayo could be very light hearted and funny at times, but when breaking news happened, and something serious was going on, they handled it very well.

Moyles has always handled big news and sensitive events within the context of his show on Radio 1 or Radio X - but I can't help but think he'd be hugely out of his depth playing the part of news anchor/journalist asking probing questions on 5 Live.

The natural home is afternoons on Radio 2. He is our generations Steve Wright. But I think we're 5/10 years away from that happening... if ever.
Inc I was thinking that he might be interested in diversifying continuing his zoo format show on a radio station but as James Wayle has done look at doing a serious format show with a phone in or something that enables him to develop a discussion programme
This thread is starting to get really ridiculous.

Chris Moyles is on the air now at a radio station in the United Kingdom, doing a breakfast show he really enjoys.

Yet so many people are trying to figure out where he could go on the BBC to do something different, as if he would want to go back to the BBC and do something different, even though he says he's happy with the show he's at now.

No matter where someone goes, there will be issues with the company. That's media. You're never 100 percent happy.

So many want the old show back. Guess what? It's past, it's gone, it's not coming back. You can try to find somewhere that he can do a show like the old one. But he already has that. Except it has commercials. People change with time and that is part of the past.

Enjoy what you have! If you don't want to listen everyday and just listen to the podcast, great! If you want to listen everyday and enjoy every bit, great!

But the old show is gone. Chris and the team have moved on. We have a new show that is evolving. Why on God's green earth are you complaining or trying to figure out where he could go elsewhere?
matthaze wrote:But the old show is gone. Chris and the team have moved on. We have a new show that is evolving. Why on God's green earth are you complaining or trying to figure out where he could go elsewhere?

There was plenty of speculating at Chris' future during the Radio 1 years. He's already a third of the way through his contract and ratings haven't been great it's perfectly legitimate to look at the future. As for wanting the old show back I personally don't (it had run it's course especially with the Chris/Dave dynamic) but I do want a show that is appointment listening and despite some decent shows last week the new show just isn't.
Last edited by hdsport82 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
matthaze wrote:This thread is starting to get really ridiculous.

Chris Moyles is on the air now at a radio station in the United Kingdom, doing a breakfast show he really enjoys.

Yet so many people are trying to figure out where he could go on the BBC to do something different, as if he would want to go back to the BBC and do something different, even though he says he's happy with the show he's at now.

No matter where someone goes, there will be issues with the company. That's media. You're never 100 percent happy.

So many want the old show back. Guess what? It's past, it's gone, it's not coming back. You can try to find somewhere that he can do a show like the old one. But he already has that. Except it has commercials. People change with time and that is part of the past.

Enjoy what you have! If you don't want to listen everyday and just listen to the podcast, great! If you want to listen everyday and enjoy every bit, great!

But the old show is gone. Chris and the team have moved on. We have a new show that is evolving. Why on God's green earth are you complaining or trying to figure out where he could go elsewhere?

I don't think anyone here wants the old show. We have most of those shows as downloads and I personally believe great things don't last forever (which the TCMS on R1 was for a very long time - although a bit slow in the later days).

CM is great thing for radio (and should be on-air somewhere), but I think a lot think he's being wasted on a station that...

a) isn't suited to him for many reasons.
b) is obsessed with competitions/ads and really are messing up their own brand. The promotion of that station has been lacklustre compared to their other brands who get regular refreshed ads and lots of push.
c) need to stop the Oasis obsession - they've played an Oasis demo and Noel Gallagher Flying Birds tracks today.
d) for some reason are constricting Chris' show - there's no regular features and the show hasn't grown since launch a year ago.
e) have messed up Chris' holiday and those 4 weeks off will impact ratings.

I've accepted this is a likely stop gap for CM as the offers for R2 gig haven't appeared yet. I used to have a need to listen every day as there would be continuity with CM and the show. At the moment, it's broken quite a bit in many ways and I really go to Spotify or Virgin Radio.
Morning everyone,
I read on here a lot but have only ever posted once I think, I just like to read.

Who am I invading your turf?

I won the colouring book on this morning's show, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in me scanning the pages for the archives? Just looking to help out. I love the X show, and I love the 1 show. Chris is the reason I'm doing what I do now, and I have learned so much just by listening.

Thanks all!

Ben
flyingbadger wrote:
Tunster wrote:...Lot's of Tunstery things.

Woah. Easy Sailor.

Here's a picture to remind you of the fun times

*. Blast from the past. Surprised you still have that picture.

I really do sound like an angry R4 listener these days. All I want is some of the old Moyles R1 magic to come back. :(
Of course man, cannae delete a Mommin.
Especially that one. It's a work of art.

And yes, you are sounding like a crabbit auld shite so you are. Or a "Topher" as they are known in the trade.
matthaze wrote:This thread is starting to get really ridiculous.

It's really not like the old show just with commercials, though. It's a completely different entity. And no, I don't mean the different Daves - I'm over Comedy Dave's absence and I really like Masterman - there are loads of other reasons why it's different.

I do think that speculating where else he might go is a bit pointless, but that's cos I would hazard a guess he'll see out his 2yrs to go at X and then pack up and move to the States. But if people wanna speculate, they can do so. People clearly have very different opinions on the X show, and that's fine, it's the spirit of debate and it's something this forum has almost always had.
flyingbadger wrote:Of course man, cannae delete a Mommin.
Especially that one. It's a work of art.

And yes, you are sounding like a crabbit auld shite so you are. Or a "Topher" as they are known in the trade.

Blame the Autism. Yes, blame the Autism. We are "crabbit auld shites". :D
Tunster wrote:Blame the Autism. Yes, blame the Autism. We are "crabbit auld shites". :D

*Don't blame it on the Sunshine.*
*Don't blame it on the Moonlight.*
*Don't blame it on a Good Time.*
*Blame it on the Autism.*
From the new Popbitch:
Moyles: arsehole

If you're one of the half-dozen
people still listening to Chris
Moyles on Radio X you may have
heard him embark on another of
his infamous tirades against
"the management" last week –
but surely the suits can't be
entirely to blame for his
lacklustre ratings.

For despite his huge drop-off
in listeners, Radio X managed
to secure Moyles an interview
with a big international rock
band. Kings Of Leon, no less.

Which you'd think would be a
pretty decent olive branch,
right? Except Moyles blackballed
the set-up. Prior beef with
the band, apparently.

You know what they say about
arseholes, don't you Moyles?
Run into an arsehole in the
morning, then you've run
into an arsehole. Run into
arseholes all day every day,
then the arsehole is you.
Last edited by JayE on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What did Jon Holmes say about Comedy Dave?

I was really liking the new show and then on one of Chris's holiday I listened to the old show on the front page and it's a totally different show. I think Chris is a great interviewer now, he sounds well prepared and professional. His overly flirty interviews were very cringe and difficult to listen to. The main difference is that everyone agrees with him now, there is no banter between Chris and anyone. Dave would regularly pull him up about stuff, now it's like sheep following his lead.

They ads and the holidays have messed up the dynamic I think. I still find it unreal and stupid that R1 got rid of him and halved their listeners, if I messed up my job that badly I'd be sacked!
What beef does Chris have with Kings of Leon? He never says anything negative when he plays their records, and I don't remember anything from the old show. I personally think they're dull as ditchwater, but they're very popular so I'm sure I'm in the minority on that. I doubt they'd make an especially riveting interview, but then I listened to Nick Grimshaw and Clara Amfo trying to get a full sentence out of Justin Bieber on Radio 1 the other week, so at this point I'd sit through anything.
Nicola_Red wrote:but then I listened to Nick Grimshaw and Clara Amfo trying to get a full sentence out of Justin Bieber on Radio 1 the other week, so at this point I'd sit through anything.

I heard that and laughed all the way through. To be fair Clara was asking some people ridiculous questions to him...

Thanks, both shows are up