The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

"It was all part of a discussion on the station about TV show 'The Voice' at around 7:25 this morning.

Chris said “Then this big 22 stone * fella with sweat dripping off him and they’re like…”, it was then Dominic interrupted, saying “Watch your language”.

Chris apologised many times after the incident, but was unaware he had even said the word."
stevepro wrote:Did not listen to the show this morning but have just seen the vid on the facebook page of Chris giving out Pippa's number, was it a fake or was that genuinely her number? Pretty harsh if it was.

real number I believe, her phone went very soon after and she read out some of he texts she was getting

it may have been her work phone though
I'm just listening to one of last weeks shows (catching up on the bits I miss) and heard an interesting revelation (not sure if Chris has mentioned this already during the 'X' period)...

Chris now does the show sitting down! Knowing he has always done it stood up, I was quite surprised when he said something about being sat down.

Suppose he is over 40 now.
dimtimjim wrote:I'm just listening to one of last weeks shows (catching up on the bits I miss) and heard an interesting revelation (not sure if Chris has mentioned this already during the 'X' period)...

Chris now does the show sitting down! Knowing he has always done it stood up, I was quite surprised when he said something about being sat down.

Suppose he is over 40 now.

he still stands sometimes, if not most of the time.
can see that in the facebook videos
loved this mornings show; especially the stuff about Pippa's date - very funny, although cringy in equal measure!

Now, has anyone been keeping up to date with Big Bang Theory? The recent episodes where Amy has been dating Stephen Merchant...? Stephen sitting there on a date with Amy, but constantly talking about Sheldon...? Anyway...

Kinda made me think of that, what dating Pippa must be like - just sitting there constantly asking questions about and flooding admiration towards Moyles! I know I would be... :D
They are good episodes. The best episode is the one that was shown a couple of weeks ago in the States though Tim - you will enjoy if you've not seen it yet...
dimtimjim wrote:loved this mornings show; especially the stuff about Pippa's date - very funny, although cringy in equal measure!

Now, has anyone been keeping up to date with Big Bang Theory? The recent episodes where Amy has been dating Stephen Merchant...? Stephen sitting there on a date with Amy, but constantly talking about Sheldon...? Anyway...

Kinda made me think of that, what dating Pippa must be like - just sitting there constantly asking questions about and flooding admiration towards Moyles! I know I would be... :D

Pippa's Date Story was hilarious!

Also, who's the "Holly" Chris had a curry with?
neilt0 wrote:
Also, who's the "Holly" Chris had a curry with?

I was wondering that. He was referring to her as if we should know. I thought maybe girlfriend, but last reports were that he was dating Aoibhinn (no idea how to spell that name, sorry Irish ppl).
I like the idea of this particular quiz very much, but Rob is... well, I don't really like him on the show, to be honest. Mainly because I find him rude and too angry. I know it's supposed to be funny, but sometimes the way he talks is just very annoying. Especially as he keeps repeating how thick Pippa is (which I don't think she is at all) or otherwise insulting her and the rest of the team. It's like... the quiz is supposed to be entertaining and fun, and now I just think Rob's too obnoxious, which is kind of ruining everything for me.
I'd rather they got in a couple of callers if they need more players, but not sure it really matters that much, other than to provide silly wrong answers, annoyingly it's their only real "feature" in the new show, but I wouldnt miss it if they dropped it.

It's clear Chris likes it given how much of the feature is scripted, but if Rob wasn't Chris's mate, there's no way it would've been brought back.
I think you lot are too down on Rob and the quiz. Yes, it's better when recorded because Chris is such a master of his art but is Rob REALLY that bad? I always enjoyed the quiz on the old show and don't feel like it's lost much now, other than an empty seat where there used to be another player.
Yeah...I can't quite put my finger on what it is about live Rob that's so grating. I used to LOVE the quiz on the old show, so it isn't the feature as a whole that's a problem for me. I think he's just...over-enthusiastic? Like he's too keen to be on and involved and it feels forced. Chris has always had a very natural conversational style and Rob just doesn't fit in with that. Which I mean why should he, he's not a broadcaster by profession, but it surprises me a bit that Chris doesn't pick up on it and go back to recorded Rob. I guess it is just because of the issue of not enough players. Who's this Matt they've referred to the past couple of days? They need to get him in. Or Vernon could come in early, even.