The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
I didn't try for tickets, I wouldn't have been able to get down there at such short notice anyway, but hearing it this morning took me right back to the goodbye show in 2012! So much excitement (and tiredness). I'll always remember that day, hope today's show was as special for the people attending :)
Yep, I was there, literally the first one through the door so I was Row 1 Seat 1, right in front of Chris!

First time I've actually seen the show live as I didn't get a chance to come to his farewell show, was excellent!
bwfcol wrote:Was there anything interesting said off air/gossip? :D

Not really actually - he chatted to a few of the crowd for the podcast opener so there's that for when it's released, but aside from that not really - there genuinely was a dirty magazine from John Bishop too - he gave it to one of the crowd!
Ahhh James that's so exciting! Your photos are great. Mine from the goodbye show are so blurry and rubbish, I wish they were better.
just saw something on twitter saying Dave Masterman is leaving? Is it a podcast joke or what have I missed?
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum's but have been a long time listener from the old show.
I get my fix not by listening live as I have no DAB but by downloading the podcasts of each show edited, than you to all that have been involved with that over the last 20 or so months.
For this I use podcast addict but that doesn't seem to have updated since Monday 20th. Is there a reason?
I am catching up on x shows post 02 show having gone back to a week of 2010 shows

Having listened to show after the 02
Will be a shame if Steve Allan is not going to sit on further Moyles Shows - he's entertaining and nice when he drops in ! Bloody company politics stifling creativity! Probs what the issue was about last week !
From today's Popbitch:

"   >> X-terminate <<
     Britpop makeover stalls

Back in 2015 we were the first
   to tell you that XFM was going
   to become Radio X: a lads-and-
   bants station, playing all the
   Kasabian you can handle.

It was a big multi-million pound
   gamble (the TV launch ads alone
   cost a couple of million) – so
   how is it all playing out?

No-one seems to know. Rumours
   are flying around the Capital
   building left, right and centre
   because management is still to
   give DJs their full schedule
   for March, saying that they
   don't know what they are yet.
   (Those of you with calendars
   to hand will note that we are
   already well into March).

Ricky Wilson's recent "holiday"
   appears to have gone on longer
   than expected, leading people
   to wonder if he's being quietly
   dropped. Vernon Kay's contract
   is thought to be up soon too,
   and word is that renegotiation
   talks will be short and swift.

So good news all round, really.
   The only kicker is that Johnny
   Vaughan and Chris Moyles seem
   to be signed on slightly longer
   contracts – but, at the rate
   things are going, who's to say?

------------------------------------
Chris Moyles gets a million-per-year
production/presenting fee to do the
Radio X breakfast show.
------------------------------------"
neilt0 wrote:From today's Popbitch:

" >> X-terminate <<
Britpop makeover stalls

Back in 2015 we were the first
to tell you that XFM was going
to become Radio X: a lads-and-
bants station, playing all the
Kasabian you can handle.
It was a big multi-million pound
gamble (the TV launch ads alone
cost a couple of million) – so
how is it all playing out?

------------------------------------
Chris Moyles gets a million-per-year
production/presenting fee to do the
Radio X breakfast show.
------------------------------------"

Think we've all seen a number of changes Chris Baughen going, Gordon Smart taking over evenings etc. so if true this is not much of a surprise. Interesting that Chris apparently gets a production/presenting fee so is does he have his own production company a la Evans when he did R1 breakfast or is that just the show budget/his salary combined? I always assumed Pippa and Dave are both Global staff whilst Dom and Chris are freelance.

The other thing is I think we know it's a 3 year deal for Chris but with his talk about contract renewals etc. is it maybe 2 years with a one year option?
possible I have always assumed at R1 he had a production role with the creativity side ( like the link with Music 4) and some of the 'characters' but not the show runner for the in house production - he never really recycles the R1 jingle material other than some instrumental stuff which he must have some cut in
Wow, that's a bit of a surprise... Chris joked that Dave is the guy who's been there through one DJ after another and would be the one staying if HE left!

I like him, so it's a shame. Maybe working with Chris gave his CV the extra wow it needed to move up in the world... or maybe he didn't really like being involved in the zoo format. Although I thought he seemed to enjoy it and they seemed to have a good relationship.

Maybe Vitty will return ;)
Evs wrote:That's a real shame, he was a great member of the team. Will be interesting to see what happens next. I wonder if he was maybe given the nod that TCMS on Radio X is not long for this world? :(

Quite, it's a tough thing to get someone in who's going to work. We know Chris wanted Suzi as an extra person initially but that didn't happen and doubt the reasons why it didn't have changed and she'd be more of a co-presenter than a producer anyway.

The odds of the show continuing for that long seem to be lengthening by the day. I hope I'm wrong and they come back next week with their contracts renewed etc!
Wow, this is so unexpected. I was convinced Dave very much LOVED working with Pipp, Dom and Chris. There are some many changes coming for him, though, with his first child and now this...

Anyway, could this mean that maybe someone else will join the team? If not, then maybe the show will not be on air for much longer which manes me so very sad... :/ I still remember the last breakfast show with Chris on R1, I'm not sure I want to experience that again... :( :( :(