The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
It's good to hear Comedy Dave getting mentioned a bit more in recent weeks. Not sure if something has happened privately but Chris does seem to be more relaxed about mentioning him lately which is good as he is a big part of the history of the show.

In saying that I really do think new Dave is terrific and adds a lot to the show which just keeps on improving.
G-Sizzle wrote:I've missed these mentions, what exactly has been said?
I'm assuming it's just generic "remember when Dave did this" type stuff?

One mention was in the context of Dave having written the Davina McCall parody, the other was remembering that Steve Gutenberg appeared on the show as a surprise for Dave.
I agree that it is nice to hear Chris mention Dave (Mk 1?), But it was only a matter of time considering they where friends and colleagues for so many years. There is to many memories attached to him for Chris to ignore.
One can only assume it's either Dave or Pippa.
Both have got very good reps in the business (as far as I'm aware anyway)

Trying to "poach" Moyles would be too much of a scandal and I doubt he would jump half way through trying to build something with Radio X.

And dom is just a news reader, a brilliant one at that, but only just a news reader.
His brief stint on Capital showed he's wasted in the wrong setting.
Unless of course it was a local station trying to poach Dom for a mid-morning phone in show....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One can only assume it's either Dave or Pippa.
Both have got very good reps in the business (as far as I'm aware anyway)

Trying to "poach" Moyles would be too much of a scandal and I doubt he would jump half way through trying to build something with Radio X.

And dom is just a news reader, a brilliant one at that, but only just a news reader.
His brief stint on Capital showed he's wasted in the wrong setting.
Unless of course it was a local station trying to poach Dom for a mid-morning phone in show....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the latest move at X and the first under the new boss (not that surprising considering he produced Smart)

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/01/gordon- ... n-radio-x/

Wondering if we'll see any changes with Chris' show he made quite a big thing initially that he was being given carte blanche etc.
Chris is with Ed Sheeran on Monday! That should be good! Not a usual radio x guest but it seems one of his new songs today is getting a bit of radio play! Maybe the new boss allowing a bit more pop on the playlist. However after 9pm and probably only for 20mins :roll: :roll:
Harry Briggs wrote:Chris is with Ed Sheeran on Monday! That should be good! Not a usual radio x guest but it seems one of his new songs today is getting a bit of radio play! Maybe the new boss allowing a bit more pop on the playlist. However after 9pm and probably only for 20mins :roll: :roll:

Sounds like it's one of those interviews where the guest goes in to Radio X having already done all the rest of the Global music stations.
Heard Moyles cousin on the show this morning with him, Suzie is it? Irish girl. Is she a permanent fixture now? She was the person Chris talked about in his interview with Stephen Nolan that he wanted to get as part of his team.

Editing gap to come for a few days.