The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Scott is old school like us all (I guess) I'm 37 now. Way to old for Radio 1. Never really liked listening to Scott. Nothing against him but he wasn't really my cup of tea.

I don't listen to much radio full stop. So going back to listening will be a challenge. I don't like adverts. Never really listened to XFM so don't know what it's like. Only going to listen for Chris. I've missed the banter. Hoping it'll be back to form as it was on Radio 1.

Dave probably won't be back - although only heard rumours about what was going on. However can read between the lines.
chrysostom wrote:As per, Jayne's trashing the line up and favouriting tweets that call it sexist.

Jayne needs to get over it. And that's coming from me, who was recently voted Chief Feminist in my office.

By the way, I've created a poll re sound clips - please vote and post, everyone!
Mills was good on Early Breakfast. When he moved from there he got shit.
Once TCMS ended, I really only tuned into R1 when Sara Cox was on, I've never quite gotten Mills.

I like Greg and I think if I was ten-fifteen years younger, he'd be the DJ I talked about when I was at Uni & the show I'd listen to (where it was Moyles in my era) but I don't listen to him that often because the music is fast going away from what I like but he is good.

After that, there's not one show I'd listen to now Zane has gone.

The era of Moyles, Whiley, Edith, Scott & then Zane has to be one of the strongest radio line ups ever, even the weekends were good with Vernon & Sara etc!
northernsteve wrote:So it's a smaller on-air team, with no separate sport presenter, only one producer (that we know about so far) and no Dave.

I suspect Dom's role will be closer to Dave's role on the old show. Particularly as Radio X is technically a local station in London and Manchester and I suspect will have to have local news bulletins. So, even if Dom does read the DAB national news, don't expect the kind of mucking around they had during the sport and weather at Radio 1, the timings will need to be spot on to join up with the regions.

It says that they are going national on DAB so will they be doing regional programming or will that show come from London?
bmstinton93 wrote:
chrysostom wrote:As per, Jayne's trashing the line up and favouriting tweets that call it sexist.

Oh Jayne, I still remember her blocking me and unblocking me!

I'm somehow blocked from following Josie Long, that's my only "high profile" block! Don't even know what I did wrong! :D
bwfcol wrote:The era of Moyles, Whiley, Edith, Scott & then Zane has to be one of the strongest radio line ups ever, even the weekends were good with Vernon & Sara etc!

I used to complain about Whiley/Vernon a lot, but comparing it to R1 now; it's full of inexperienced children/kids/not-grown-ups. Fully appreciate that line-up now. Will be interested to see if the station jingles/imaging fits in line with TCMS stuff that's up and coming.

Anyone hoping any of the old features return? I guess Chris might be nostalgic in a lite-touch sort of way to ruffle the old R1 listeners.
James H wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:

Oh Jayne, I still remember her blocking me and unblocking me!

I'm somehow blocked from following Josie Long, that's my only "high profile" block! Don't even know what I did wrong! :D

WHAT?! I love Josie Long. I find her funny and her politics are closely aligned with mine.

With her help, I managed to crash a website a few years back.
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the wiki page says that we don't know the official name of the show yet. However, I note this tweet sent by the official Global account, that calls it 'The Chris Moyles Show', so that could be the official title once more:

Last edited by VMPhil on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although it will be pleasing to hear Chris and Dom back on the airwaves together, I also fear that the "new" show might fall into the trap of using some of the old features etc. Wonder what the odds are on Grimmy getting a Toby Le Rone on day one of the new show?

I think it would easily fall into that trap if Dave and Aled had joined also, so although Chris has mentioned that he is irreplaceable, we all believe there has been a major falling out and Dave now had his own company, I think the powers that be and Chris may have mutually agreed to Dave not being approached (totally speculation of course).

Couple of things that struck me also; I would have thought that someone in the BBC would have registered "The Chris Moyles Show" and all similarities as some sort of trademark; so someone will be getting a kick at present (unless Chris was allowed to do it personally); although in saying that there was only free giveaway merchandise connected with the show, so maybe it wasn't thought about. Also, I wonder if the Twitter page @chrismoylesshow will be handed over and refreshed, or a new one will be born?
I highly doubt they will have registered "The Chris Moyles Show" even if they could (which I am also skeptical about).
fatboydave73 wrote:Couple of things that struck me also; I would have thought that someone in the BBC would have registered "The Chris Moyles Show" and all similarities as some sort of trademark; so someone will be getting a kick at present (unless Chris was allowed to do it personally); although in saying that there was only free giveaway merchandise connected with the show, so maybe it wasn't thought about. Also, I wonder if the Twitter page @chrismoylesshow will be handed over and refreshed, or a new one will be born?

There was a discussion once on air about who actually "owned" the show's social media pages. And after a link or two, they discovered that Chris owns them since presenters work as freelancers.

Who?
foot-loose wrote:Was there a thing between Chris and Dave? I'm sure I read somewhere they weren't talking - is that just lies and conjecture?

The only facts we know is that Moyles went on holiday with Dave's ex. (There were photos posted on here but Aled got them quickly removed)

As for them not talking, it's a one of those "worst kept secret" type of things.
They've unfollowed each other on Twitter etc, but that's not exactly concrete proof of anything.
As for why Jayne hates Moyles is still unclear. (She mocked his tax scandal and is now slagging off RadioX on Twitter)

Personally, I think Dom will take Dave's roll of sidekick on the new CMS.
Mr Red was reading out to me some of the fuss people are making online about the closure of XFM and the Radio X lineup. Now I could never listen to London XFM so I have no idea whether it's worth missing, but Manchester XFM is pretty awful, so I have no idea what they're complaining about.

The cries of sexism cos it's an all male lineup are what's really bugging me though. For a start, they've only announced four DJs, we have no idea about nighttimes or weekends yet. Also, whilst there may be an issue with fewer women getting into radio (I don't know any statistics on that), that's hardly Radio X's problem - they haven't chosen Moyles to be sexist, they've chosen him because they're launching a new station and hello, 10 million potential listeners. I'm a strident feminist and will call out sexism wherever I see it, and I like to hope that my love of Moyles wouldn't cloud my judgement on this, but i really think people are making a fuss over something that may be a symptom of a problem, but isn't a problem in itself.

The argument has even carried over into their playlist, which we barely know anything about yet. XFM's existing playlist is very male-dominated, so that will probably continue - could they address that with some positive skewing towards female acts? Probably. Are they at fault that so few female indie/rock acts exist in the first place? Nope.

These are people who just love to find things online to whinge about, but I'm willing to bet never contribute to being a solution. Was I upset when Moyles left R1? Yep. I cried twice on the day of the final show. Did I take to facebook to piss and moan about it? No. We made the tribute book, we shared our grief here, and then I accepted it and moved on. I even saw a comment likening XFM's closure to a death - so disrespectful. It's a radio station! Gah, I can't with these people.

Thank you both!!