The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
That's what happened with Tedious Link - Chris was bored of it and it was just sort of phased out. I suspect Dave was probably a bit annoyed about that, given that he's jumped at the chance to revive it on Hits.
Just a quick thought the music for content for radio one am I right in assuming that Chris had some copyright involvement hence he is able to use odd bits on Radio X Such as World Cup Song and Just Ask Dom which isn’t radio one brand and I like just a quick thought the music for content for radio one am I right in assuming this? I guess that must’ve been if this is the case some boils financial contractural agreement when all the stuff was originally recorded
I'm pretty sure he commissioned most of the Music4 Chris Moyles related stuff himself, I seem to remember someone suggesting he earned royalties every time his own jingles were played.

Feel free to correct me, we're going back a long time here now!
jthw5 wrote:I noticed the show is now sponsored by the TV channel ‘Dave’ - bet Chris wasn’t happy about that!

He made a reference to it this morning at about 8.45, said "can't do the show without a 'Dave'".
So after Chris has his break next week, he returns for a week of shows where the only team member present will be James.

I'm actually quite excited for this- considering how little James often contributes on air-there's a good chance we'll get to hear a bit more solo Chris which isn't often!
He's now saying he might not do that week with James alone. Perhaps he doesn't think it will be a good listen without the rest of the team - I think it would though!
Kylerickards1974 wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:He's now saying he might not do that week with James alone. Perhaps he doesn't think it will be a good listen without the rest of the team - I think it would though!

Who else could be there though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I volunteer
Kylerickards1974 wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:He's now saying he might not do that week with James alone. Perhaps he doesn't think it will be a good listen without the rest of the team - I think it would though!

Who else could be there though?

Presumably nobody, which is why he was saying he may not do it after all.
5 hours of platinum hour this week...the worst part of the show weekly, chris plays a random set of songs...wow...its easy to get used to turning off the radio for the last hour on friday but now every day...pointless feature...also too many holidays now, and when Dom is off nowhere near as good. I think getting Dave back is the only way for it to return to its past glories. He cant be enjoying that rubbish he's doing on his show either. Fart noises and tobylarones ceased to be funny after 2 weeks yet chris still laughs as if they are the funniest thing ever. The old show was better cos they were always out and about and the stories were entertaining, plus more guests So many features now are purely for making videos for the website and make no sense on the radio. Like how interesting can running around leicester square without spilling a pint be on the rsdio... I used to listen every minute of every show but find it a struggle to keep interested these days.
Fledge wrote:Personally I think he PH is great. In reluctant agreement with some of your other points, however :(

Same here. I enjoy PH , mainly cos it gives some music variety from the constant Foos/Stereophonics/Bowie roster. But the stuff about fart noises and Toby LaRones...yeah. I find I go through phases where I really enjoy the show and then ones where I feel disillusioned with the whole thing. This morning I flipped between it and Greg's new breakfast show on R1.
Nicola_Red wrote:
Fledge wrote:Personally I think he PH is great. In reluctant agreement with some of your other points, however :(

Same here. I enjoy PH , mainly cos it gives some music variety from the constant Foos/Stereophonics/Bowie roster. But the stuff about fart noises and Toby LaRones...yeah. I find I go through phases where I really enjoy the show and then ones where I feel disillusioned with the whole thing. This morning I flipped between it and Greg's new breakfast show on R1.

Same here. I did start listening to it very seriously a few months ago and found a lot of it was pretty good, but I've lost interest in it again now.

I think it was a mistake for him to try and recreate the same format of show he did at Radio 1, because in a comparison between the two the Radio X show is always going to seem poorer. Maybe he should have tried presenting solo again. The shows he did covering for Greg James showed he could still do it.
VMPhil wrote:
Kylerickards1974 wrote:Are those Greg shows in the archive? Don’t think I’ve heard those

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both of them are in the archive:

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/sound ... ileid=2630 - 19/03/2012
http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/sound ... ileid=2631 - 20/03/2012

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both!!