The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By hdsport82
David wrote:Pop Bitch still suggesting Moyles for breakfast on XFM, followed by Vernon Kay.

Matt Deegan tweets a rumour that Richard Bacon for drive time on the 'new' XFM

That would be a hell of a lineup if at all true.

The new 'XFM' would be a hell of a long way removed from its roots if that was the lineup. Also I thought Bacon was going to LA to crack America? What sort of station will it be end up being then a sort of Absolute/Radio 2 hybrid to get people who are too old for Capital and not interested in Heart?

I'm still sceptical but I would love to hear Chris back on radio (frankly the only thing I'm really interested in him doing).
By ChunkyMunky
This is what the Huff Post says today:
http://huff.to/1TdzduR

I've asked Chris on Twitter, but no response yet.
Never listen to commercial radio, but I'd make an exception for Chris' show.
Would be cool if Dom and Dave were part of the team, but I'm not sure of the situation with Dave.
But Dom's already part of that network, isn't he.

CM.
By hdsport82
ianpwilliams wrote:Trying really hard to not get my hopes up, but I'm fighting a losing battle.

Have to admit you're not alone, certainly momentum is building behind the rumours

Radio Today putting together some pieces,

Moyles spotted at Global.
Dom back at Global.
XFM Studios being renovated.
Jon Holmes joking about being out of work soon.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2015/07/reports ... ce=twitter

Would be interesting if firstly it happens and then Dom is part of it considering was only a couple of weeks ago he was covering drive on BBC Radio Kent, would he want to be back playing second fiddle to Chris. Although clearly it would be a big thing to be involved in.

Anyway back to trying to remain sceptical.
By matthaze
No mention of Aled. One article said Pippa would be producing the new show. Aled has been just doing behind the scenes work at R1 since leaving The Surgery. You'd think he would want to join the new show??
Hope it is true, however either Chris or the show's format will have to drastically change !!

Currently, they play around 40-45 songs in the show's 4 hour period; Chris wouldn't want to play that many; factor in adverts also and that means that there would be hardly any time for links.
By Topher
James H wrote:If this is true then I need to buy a DAB module for my car stereo...

Me too. What's DAB signal like for cars these days?
By James H
Topher wrote:
James H wrote:If this is true then I need to buy a DAB module for my car stereo...

Me too. What's DAB signal like for cars these days?

I've got one in my weekend car and I can pick up XFM pretty well, the only problem is you need a separate aerial, standard FM aerials aren't much cop with DAB.

The only downside is the piss-poor bitrate of DAB, although apparently XFM in Kent is 128kbps Stereo, which is better than some (for example Absolute 80s is 64kbps Mono!)
I'll certainly be downloading them (if that's possible), editing out the music and ads, and then uploading them to the archive, and I'm hoping I'll be able to do that on the evening of each show, so I'll basically be listening a day behind. So that will hopefully be another alternative, that is unless you want the music too!

What kind of music do they play anyway?
By James H
ianpwilliams wrote:What kind of music do they play anyway?

The good kind, although that's very subjective!

Alternative, Indie, Rock, that sort of thing.
By James H
ianpwilliams wrote:Good to know! Although I'd have to upgrade to unlimited data if streaming it live on my phone.

Here's their current playlist: http://www.xfm.co.uk/playlist/

Probably one of the only decent radio stations Global have. Still bitter about them converting my local station into a Heart. :?
By doby
Sounds promising, I would have thought if it wasn't true Chris would have quashed the rumors already since its been reported in the wider press now.

Hopefully they're going to let him make the sort of show he wants to make, it wasn't long ago he said he never wanted to do radio again so I would imagine he'd only do it if he has full control.

I definitely think Dom should be part of it and by already being employed by the network it looks likely. Aled is an interesting one, what exactly does being an editor of a BBC station pay? Would being a producer on a commercial network be less? I've no idea. I think he'd want to be part of it but it may be a step down career wise. Ego wise he's no longer on the air so this could be a decider (semi joking..)

Dave is out of the question, he's doing his own thing now. I was remember Chris saying on a show he holds grudges, and then pointed out Dave does too, so any sort of reconciliation looks fairly unlikely.

Having said all that maybe it should just have a brand new team. The old show had got stale somewhat so maybe its just best to have a fresh start.

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]