The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:I'm pretty sure all of 2006 has been done.

Only up until the end of September from what I can see. Unless they are listed elsewhere not in order. I haven't checked.
Not complaining at all but am I the only one who’s RSS replay starting with the late December 2005 shows is slightly sped up? The last four shows I have played on my morning commute, 22 and 23 December 2005 and 9 and 10 January 2006 have been affected and it becomes really apparent with the jingles and the music clips.
Just wondering.
By Badger Mark
Finished up the New York shows this morning. Overall, I thought they were pretty good. As an American I always enjoy the outsiders' take on our country that the show often provides.

I was curious about one thing. When they went to Ground Zero where the WTC came down, Chris played a snippet from his 2001 afternoon broadcast during those events on 9-11. Although there are a handful of shows in the archive right around that date, the actual show from that date isn't there. I'm assuming that no one here on the site has a recording of it. Or is it not there because it's considered too sensitive or something like that?
By SteveH
Badger Mark wrote:Finished up the New York shows this morning. Overall, I thought they were pretty good. As an American I always enjoy the outsiders' take on our country that the show often provides.

I was curious about one thing. When they went to Ground Zero where the WTC came down, Chris played a snippet from his 2001 afternoon broadcast during those events on 9-11. Although there are a handful of shows in the archive right around that date, the actual show from that date isn't there. I'm assuming that no one here on the site has a recording of it. Or is it not there because it's considered too sensitive or something like that?

At the time, Chris was the host of the Saturday morning show and 9/11 happened in the week running up to his final Saturday show. The recording is here: http://www.archive.org/download/chrismo ... er2001.mp3
By SteveH
Dave in Philadelphia wrote:Not complaining at all but am I the only one who’s RSS replay starting with the late December 2005 shows is slightly sped up? The last four shows I have played on my morning commute, 22 and 23 December 2005 and 9 and 10 January 2006 have been affected and it becomes really apparent with the jingles and the music clips.
Just wondering.

Not had that problem myself. It's worth checking your player. Mine allows me to change the playback speed per RSS subscription and I've been known to press it by accident in the past.
By Badger Mark
SteveH wrote:
At the time, Chris was the host of the Saturday morning show and 9/11 happened in the week running up to his final Saturday show. The recording is here: http://www.archive.org/download/chrismo ... er2001.mp3

That clears things up. It didn't occur to me that he had been on weekends at the time. After they played the snippet during the NYC show, they spoke as if they had been doing the show while everything was happening. Thanks!
SteveH wrote:
Dave in Philadelphia wrote:Not complaining at all but am I the only one who’s RSS replay starting with the late December 2005 shows is slightly sped up? The last four shows I have played on my morning commute, 22 and 23 December 2005 and 9 and 10 January 2006 have been affected and it becomes really apparent with the jingles and the music clips.
Just wondering.

Not had that problem myself. It's worth checking your player. Mine allows me to change the playback speed per RSS subscription and I've been known to press it by accident in the past.

Tis true, I had indeed hit the x2 setting on the RSS home screen. Every day's a school, as Dave would say!
Thank you Steve!
By swaddon1903
Badger Mark wrote:
SteveH wrote:

That clears things up. It didn't occur to me that he had been on weekends at the time. After they played the snippet during the NYC show, they spoke as if they had been doing the show while everything was happening. Thanks!

He was on six days a week back then. They did do a show on the day itself, but it's not in the archive.
By Nicola_Red
Correct. The events started unfolding during mark & Lard's show and as soon as the severity of what was happening became apparent, the whole station switched to just 'mellow' music and news. I was at home and listening - it was a Tuesday, I worked an alternating rota at the time - and I remember it very clearly.
By Badger Mark
northernsteve wrote:It seems that on 9/11 Chris just played music and introduced the news. Which gave the music department something to think about in finding twice as much music as normal for him to play which wouldn't be insensitive in the circumstances.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/christo ... 57331.html

That HuffPo article was a very interesting read. Thanks for digging it up.
Question for the RSS gods...

Was the 2006 birthday show (22 February) skipped from the RSS uploads or did I just miss it?
Chris discussed it a bit after, mostly how non-eventful it was and that Will Young snubbed it.

Cheers!
By Badger Mark
Listened to the Feb. 2nd 2006 show on my way into work this morning and Dom came out of the news break with a time check of 8:06. And this was actually at 8:06 AM on my way to work. First time that's ever happened for me.

This batch of shows includes the 2nd celebrity Tarzan. It's clearly a male voice, but I'm wondering at this point if anybody ever guesses it? There up to 10 or 11 guesses at this point. I can see why they included clues when they brought this back as Celebrity Raspberry.
By DarroM
Badger Mark wrote:Listened to the Feb. 2nd 2006 show on my way into work this morning and Dom came out of the news break with a time check of 8:06. And this was actually at 8:06 AM on my way to work. First time that's ever happened for me.

This batch of shows includes the 2nd celebrity Tarzan. It's clearly a male voice, but I'm wondering at this point if anybody ever guesses it? There up to 10 or 11 guesses at this point. I can see why they included clues when they brought this back as Celebrity Raspberry.

I never really got into Celebrity Raspberry when it was on but man Tarzan was much worse while listening back to those shows for the reason you mentioned (no clues). I think a few went on for 5 or more weeks if I am not mistaken.

Currently on June 2008 and unfortunately, it has gone down a bit from the start of the year since most of the shows from the first few months in 2008 had some great moments for me. But next one I will be listening to is the one where Steve the Sports therapist comes in and does each of the team (Dom's high squeaky voice is classic). It is the 23rd June 2008 one.
By JayE
Yeah, I'm not really digging 2006 so far, the Celebrity Tarzan is great for the first couple of days when they start up a new one but when it drags out for so long it just gets boring. I'm still at the start of Feb 2006 as I took a break from listening and nothing so far in this year has stood out to me. I'm going to keep listening though. 2004 is still my favourite year of the show by far.
By Turicum
I'm listening to the September 11 interview with Dappy. Chris is claiming again and again how much a changed man Dappy is and what a good guy. In hindsight it is fun sometimes to listen to the interviews or them talking about people.

I'm more and more sceptical if Chris or the rest of The Chris Moyles Show says what an absolutely lovely and top person someone is. Dappy, really? Justin Lee Collins, really?