The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Dombo1981
he used to always be like that, i always remember aled being BB aled, going to the BB eviction press conferences and pulling stunts..
using the loudhaler at capital radio etc.. its only after rachel left he became a more pivotal part of the show and became producer.
By hackiedj
I don't think i could listen to the old shows every day, but i enjoyed hearing the first show again and have downloaded a couple to listen to when i'm away with work next week. Can't believe how 'frothy bevvy' Dom sounds on the first show!
By Dombo1981
ill tell you what i am enjoying, some of the old tunes i had forgotten about, i know the show is not about the music, but in the first four shows we have had nelly furtado, lightening seeds, oasis, coldplay, mad world..
By Nicola_Red
This is not the best place to put this but I wanted to post it somewhere: courtesy of new poster travismitchell, there is some really nice new stuff in the vault for geeks like myself - two versions of the 'Morning Movie' full beds (in Jingles) and the 2009 opening song (in Other Songs). Excellent quality and clean. I'm hoping he has more similar stuff to contribute! Announcement over :)
By Badger Mark
One thing I was wondering about the old shows - when did the cheesy song start up? The way the team had talked about it, I had assumed it had been there from the very beginning.

Loving the old shows also. I didn't discover the show until late 2008 after Sirius and XM radio merged (I was an XM listener). I look at them as old reruns of a long running TV show that I never saw from the beginning.
By yummytummy
I think it was 2007 when cheesy song started

Just looked at podcast chart on iTunes and breakfast replay is number 2
By asplitnfish
The shows have gotten me through the 1st week without them actually being on air, Strangely enough, I now look forward to downloading and listenning to the show throughout the day whilst being able to pause it without losing the thread of the show.

Thanks to everyone involved for making these shows available
By Latina
I think the Cheesy Song (then sung as "The Brand New Cheesy Song") started at the time that the show moved to 6.30am, or soon after, but I may have remembered that wrong.
By Zoot
Well "today's" show includes the 'Controversial' (according to the daily telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9392153/Chris-Moyless-six-most-controversial-moments.html)
interview with Victoria Beckham where Chris calls her a Whore. Listening back, the newspapers obviously took more offence to it than Victoria herself.

Nice bit of Vernon too.
By DarroM
Anyone remember the show from June 2005 where Chris & Dave couldn't say green or day or else they had to give away a pair of tickets to see Green Day (a day long feature where none of the other DJs could say them either) every time any of those words were said by them? Listened to it at work before heading home and was pretty entertaining especially Chris screwing up about 6 times!
By Tunster
Zoot wrote:Well "today's" show includes the 'Controversial' (according to the daily telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9392153/Chris-Moyless-six-most-controversial-moments.html)
interview with Victoria Beckham where Chris calls her a Whore. Listening back, the newspapers obviously took more offence to it than Victoria herself.

Nice bit of Vernon too.

In the whole though, the Victoria Beckham interview was pretty damn good! Chris Moyles' interviewing technique has always been up there and never runs dry with things to say, even with poor guests. Having herself as a first guest put the stamp of approval on the show I think. Honest, sincere and sometimes contraversial. That's Chris.
By Tunster
jocky85 wrote:Stupid iOS6 now the podcast didn't download so I'm now behind!! :-(

Ha! Serves you right for upgrading. I'm clinging onto iOS5 for dear life like a tree hugger hugging a tree tightly.
By neilt0
I strongly recommend you pull the feed from the iTunes Store. Whether you keep the manual RSS feed is up to you, but being in the iTunes podcast section is too visible.

And yes, I have been confided in by someone from the BBC.

---------------
Sent from my iPhone.
By Tunster
Zoot wrote:Are these replays shows carrying on over the weekend?

From what I remember, it'll only be weekdays to keep in sync with the days the show was broadcast. I'm sure Chris or another admin can confirm.
By Badger Mark
Tunster wrote:
Zoot wrote:Well "today's" show includes the 'Controversial' (according to the daily telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9392153/Chris-Moyless-six-most-controversial-moments.html)

Nice bit of Vernon too.

In the whole though, the Victoria Beckham interview was pretty damn good! Chris Moyles' interviewing technique has always been up there and never runs dry with things to say, even with poor guests. Having herself as a first guest put the stamp of approval on the show I think. Honest, sincere and sometimes contraversial. That's Chris.

I just got done listening to the show. I was very surprised when he called her a whore, but she didn't seem to take any offense. I also thought it was a pretty good interview. Not living in the UK (and never paying any attention to the Spice Girls when they were super big) I had never heard her speak before. She sounded very different from the way I imagined her based upon how she always looks in pictures (cold and aloof).
I'm working through Afternoons for a while then will go back to the first year of Breakfast.

Some of the stuff they used to get away with back then so far from about a dozen shows:

Lizzie has been called a dippy tart, lazy cow, slut and slapper (she has laughed everytime), Chris announcer he had sex for the first time in months and he also claims Dave has small genetals.

Favourite opening so far has to be when he is bigging up the extra five hours they now have in their first extended show, he address his critics with a defiant "Arse?! Shove it up your arse" :lol:

Favourite links so far have to be in the show where they have had complaints about the team taking the piss out of the Germans the Friday before we beat them 5-1, there's a bit where Dave is laughing like mad and can hardly breath let alone talk :lol:

The show may be sadly gone but thankfully due to the archives we have many many great moments to relive at least :smile:
By ianpwilliams
Yeah I can't wait to listen back to the archive from the beginning. I was editing one show, and Georgina Bowman was filling in doing the sport, and for each Newsbeat, Chris introduced her with a more risque comment each time (in a newsreader voice), until eventually he just said "Georgina Bowman. Slut.". She wasn't happy, and Chris had to grovel for the rest of the show :)

Thank you both!!