The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
I'll take some photos. It'll be a couple of weeks now as I've left it at my mum's while I await the new page protectors and write the introduction, acknowledgements and my own tribute!

I've also included a page of posts from the 'end of the show' thread, so a few people who didn't actually write a piece have made it into the book in some form. I forget who now, I've left the document saved on my mother's PC.
By Nicola_Red
Comments from my mother over the weekend:

"He's obviously realised it's bad for his health" - incisive commentary on Chris' weight loss as evidenced by photos I was printing

"Who's he? He keeps cropping up" - on seeing poor Aled in several listeners' photos

"Is that her?" - wrongly matching up a lovely photo of Freya with a contribution from Devilsduck
By Nicola_Red
You got a special border for your contribution. It's fancy. But the pic of Freya did end up near it.
By MK Chris
All that looks very fancy and ours is on a bit of lined paper torn out of a pad! Oops...
By Nicola_Red
It's fine! We guillotined off the torn edges :)
By Nicola_Red
Just ordered a pad of cream coloured lined A4 paper to write my own tribute on. I got it from dyslexiashop.co.uk, randomly. I had no idea that dyslexic people found it easier to read coloured paper than white. So I learned something too!
By Yudster
We order pastel coloured paper specially for our dyslexic staff member. I have no idea why it should help, but it really does.
By chrysostom
I found this explanation:

Some people with dyslexia find reading text on a white background difficult because they are particularly sensitive to light reflecting off the white background (glare). They may also have trouble with reading print, because it becomes unstable on the page – for example it appears blurry, the letters move around on the page, words double or flicker. This is known as Meares-Irlen syndrome and is more common in people with dyslexia.

Reading text on a coloured background instead of white, wearing tinted glasses or putting a coloured filter over the white background often makes reading much easier. Teachers may need to change the colour of pen they use to write on the whiteboard, as people with Meares-Irlen syndrome often have trouble reading certain colours, such as red, from a whiteboard. Computer screens can be adapted with special background colours.
By Nicola_Red
My cream coloured pad arrived, so I'm putting together my own tribute. The final touches to the album will be happening this weekend and then hopefully I'll have some photos to post :)

ETA: Aled has given me the best address and posting method to get the book to the studio, so I can give it the best chance possible of being seen by Chris and the team. Maybe we'll even get a mention on air!
By Yudster
I'm sure it will be very well received, mention or not. Well played for doing this Nic. Again, wish I'd been more organised before I went on holiday and got something to you for inclusion.
By Nicola_Red
ianpwilliams wrote:Did Aled say anything when you told him about it?

No, but then I didn't really ask him anything, and I sort of assumed he would have seen mention of it on the forum already. I know he reads General, even if he doesn't post here much.
By Nicola_Red
Should have some photos to post over the weekend. I guess I'll take some general shots so people can see an overview of what it looks like, and then try to do some close-ups so people can actually read the submissions if they want to.
By yummytummy
Sounds brill can't wait for photos
By neilt0
Depending on how many pages there are, it might be nice if you could scan every page and put them all on Imgur or similar to share with us all?

If you have access to a flatbed scanner, it would probably come out quite well.
By Nicola_Red
We do have a scanner, yeah. On my way to my mum's to be reunited with the book now, so we'll get the last bits in place and then see what method will work best.
By bmstinton93
Don't scan it until Chris has received it. Remember he may be reading this site still.

EDIT: That makes no sense. Don't post the scanned pictures until Chris has received it. You obviously have to scan it before hand...
By Nicola_Red
Haha, no, I know what you mean. Maybe I'll email the pics to people or something rather than post them here. I'll figure it out next week.
By RyanBru
Sorry about not contributing in the end. I found out I was moving the day after you sent the PM and never had time to write something :(

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]