The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Listening to the first ever Breakfast show... he really does sound different.
Deadly wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chris-moyles-announces-live-on-air-1139317

I know its only the Mirror and they don't deserve much attention but the headline is up there with the most pathetic things I have ever read. Where was he supposed to announce it?

Chris and 3am have always had some sort of feud going I think. Sounds about right for what's essentially a copy of Hello in the middle of the Mirror.
Deadly wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chris-moyles-announces-live-on-air-1139317

I know its only the Mirror and they don't deserve much attention but the headline is up there with the most pathetic things I have ever read. Where was he supposed to announce it?

The comments on this article are quite funny one which says chris did not play enough musics from the 80's and 90's....He certainly doesnt know who radio are targeting.
Sad news, but then I think we all felt that the time was coming soon. This tweet from Jane Garvey about it amused me this morning.

Jane Garvey
‏@janegarvey1
"@mediaguardian: Chris Moyles to leave BBC Radio 1 breakfast show. More details soon …" he's a shoe-in for holiday cover@BBCWomansHour
So sad, i live outside the UK and end up paying 30Pounds a month for the internet connection so I can hear Sir C Moyles, was work every Penny... I had a agreement with my Youngest, no matter were I was in the World we would always both tune in for the cheesey Song, so we were enjoying and thinking of each other... now, what left... my two kids only life CM, and they are both in the Target age group. They think that Scott is rubbish, etc.... but CM was and is the best of all time!
Radical_mit2 wrote:I had a agreement with my Youngest, no matter were I was in the World we would always both tune in for the cheesey Song, so we were enjoying and thinking of each other

This has tipped me over the edge. I need to take a break from the forum for a few hours.

ps. we should have known when Aled did the bumming yesterday.
I didn't see that coming at all. I'm actually gutted but I really hope that they are more of themselves on another show rather than having to conform to radio 1s corporate stuff. I'm just listening to it now and sobbing. They pulled me through some tough times since 2005. So if Chris or the team happen to read this, then thank you so much for brightening up my teenage years, you feel like a group of friends who I could always go to to make me happier.

p.s. (I'm just listening to the clip now and sobbing my way through Take That)

p.s.s That Mirror headline is ridiculous.
I did find it odd that Chris Tweeted this morning: "Morning... Ready for the show? Good, I am...!!"

I won't feel this loss as badly as some of the rest of you, because I haven't listened regularly for ages; the lure of seeing Susanna Reid's legs on the Breakfast sofa on BBC 1 is too strong to resist. But I do listen to the podcast every week, and I mostly enjoy it.

If Radio 1 can find an afternoon slot for him, then I'll definitely tune in if it's like the extra shifts he did earlier on this year, when it was just him, a microphone and some records. This may be an unpopular point of view, but I don't like most of the rest of the team on the breakfast show. I don't find Dom very funny, Dave is not as good as he used to be, Aled is OK, and I never took to Tina when she replaced Carrie.

At least there is the archive on here to listen back to, so many thanks to those who take the time to download, edit and upload the shows. I'll definitely be listening back to some of the old shows.

As for the last week of the breakfast show, I can see it being filled with guests, probably the regular ones like Olly Murs and Alesha Dixon. I know Chris doesn't like to revisit the past shows, but I would hope that some of the best bits of the last 8 and a half years will get another airing.
Nicola_Red wrote:I actually think I'll cry at some random point...hasn't quite hit me yet.

It didn't hit me till the Show Close Theme. Then it really hit quite badly. Only now slowly composing myself properly over a bit of chocolate and hazelnut spread on toast.
Sad day, no reason now to listen to Radio1 at all! Are the rest of the team out of work or will Dom still read the news. Aled produce and Dave erm...
I wish Chris all the very best, and a big thanks for all the years of entertainment and getting up early.

Hope he left his dream job on good terms, but when september comes I will be switching off for good, and not putting up with the same crappy 17 songs played daily
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up