The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
I shall continue to have each of the Cheesy Songs set as my morning alarm to wake me up each day, long until the day my phone dies. ^_^
swaddon1903 wrote:Dom is a news reader, so he'll probably carry on with that along with his other work, such as voicing kids' TV characters. Dave is going to be on 5 Live.

I thought about this when the news reader guy announced the news about Grimmy (yes, I know it was Ben who said it originally). How long until they start "cleaning" out Newsbeat and replace people like Dom with younger people, you know - to appeal to a younger audience? It's a joke that Ben and Rhys and whoever are so keen on being a young radio station and then they have news reader and journalists who are way older than any radio presenters.

/end rant
Comedy John wrote:Chris is leaving the breakfast show but he isn't leaving Radio 1 altogether though. He is still contracted to Radio 1 for another 18 months yet so they need to give him a different show on Radio 1 and keep all the same people on it.

Not necessarily. They could just keep paying him and not have him on the air. It happened with KLSX in the U.S -- their hosts had 1-2 years left on their contract and they shut down the station, but just kept paying them.
Their contracts meant that they couldn't do another radio show, so they all started podcasts. Adam Carolla started his on the Monday after the Friday the show ended. His podcast is now the most popular in the world and he earns over $1m a year from it through advertising.

He even got the team back together from the radio show and has made a podcast that resembles his old morning show.

It'd be nice to see Chris doing another radio show or a podcast. I think he wants to do other things like TV, but hopefully that's not enough to sustain him and he ends up on radio for.....EVAH!

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone building the old show archive. I shall be filling my boots with all those shortly...
But they also giveth (kind of) http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... les-radio- before they taketh away.

corsaboi wrote:bastards

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/ju ... al-moments

I've got to saw they've been quick off the mark with their articles, if the announcement this morning really was as much of a surprise as it appeared to be.
Last edited by Emmy on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, that's true. But still. All these newbies are driving me crazy without you starting as well. I don't understand why someone would only decide to join the forum when the show is ending...
Going by Freyas' tweet. The last show date is Friday 21st September 2012:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freya Last‏@FreyaLast

@ahj @sarajcox ha ha! Can I come back and produce your show from Sept 21st pls? Xx
Nicola_Red wrote:Well, that's true. But still. All these newbies are driving me crazy without you starting as well. I don't understand why someone would only decide to join the forum when the show is ending...

Maybe they had been lurking for a while and decided to sign up now to contribute to the discussion. It happens; I was lurking on here for a while before I took the plunge and signed up around the time of the longest show.
swaddon1903 wrote:Maybe they had been lurking for a while and decided to sign up now to contribute to the discussion.

Correct, in my case.

Termy wrote:I shall continue to have each of the Cheesy Songs set as my morning alarm to wake me up each day, long until the day my phone dies. ^_^

I have similar plans.... although if anyone 'in the know' could get an instrumental version, that would be awesome!
Last edited by aerowave on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shows are up

And yes this is the original Uglybob, I am sure t[…]