Names dave

listend to radio1 breakfast of and on since since 1975 when i was 4

i am now very annoyed with the BBC

i may post, i may not

depends how cross i get

Dave
By a-moron
Hi daveG,

So, is it if the BBC annoy you, you may post or can we try and get you cross and see if you post?

TFB
By chrysostom
Badger, whilst your current Avatar is distasteful - I still love you.

WHY IS IT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN THEIR POSTS OFF WITH THEIR REAL NAME, ALWAYS HAVE IT IN THEIR USERNAME.
By neilt0
chrysostom wrote:Badger, whilst your current Avatar is distasteful - I still love you.

WHY IS IT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO SIGN THEIR POSTS OFF WITH THEIR REAL NAME, ALWAYS HAVE IT IN THEIR USERNAME.

That's a very good point, CrispyTomAndJerry.

-- Neil.
By daveG
chrysostom wrote:Badger, whilst your current Avatar is distasteful - I still love you.

not sure, but maybe a similar reason to your's. You have chosen to have a great big banner with your username in it at the end of your posts, their is nothing like it, if you feel the need to say look at me, i'm here! In no uncertain terms.

i can see your user name, i can see your massive signature

I just take up less space

I guess its a hangover from when i used to write letters and memos.

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN EVER YOU JOIN A MESSAGE BOARD THERE IS ALWAYS SOME BRIGHT SPARK WHO POPS UP QUICK TO CRITICISE?

there is always one, and i have learnt over many years not to jump to conclusions, often the self elected leader in board etiquette turns out to be OK, even if their crass and occasionally bothersome attention seeking continues ad infinitum

i notice a refrence to "foes" on another of your posts i find that quite interesting, although i probably won't waste much time on it.
I take it enmity exists between you and some of your fellow posters?

Regards

Dave

PS no need to shout
By neilt0
daveG wrote:WHY IS IT THAT WHEN EVER YOU JOIN A MESSAGE BOARD THERE IS ALWAYS SOME BRIGHT SPARK WHO POPS UP QUICK TO CRITICISE?

This means you have joined too many messageboards.

By MK Chris
daveG wrote:i notice a refrence to "foes" on another of your posts i find that quite interesting, although i probably won't waste much time on it.

The forum software includes a 'friends' and 'foes' list feature. Whilst placing someone on your friends list is basically pointless, placing someone on your foes list does disable the viewing of their posts by default (you can click to show the post if you like).
By chrysostom
Chris wrote:<clicks to show Tophers post>

^ :lol:

Hah, I wouldn't have seen the post unless you'd quoted it Neil!

Dear Dave,

The ellipses thing and the signing off thing are both personal gripes. My sig links to my about.me page which other posters may or may not be interested in (I tried to make it look pretty and sized it within the board limits).

I anticipated that I would continue to be annoyed by your posts (first impressions) so I added you to my 'foes' list which Toph has outlined above. Oh, also you'll notice that Badger also parodied your posting style before I made any comment.

I'm glad that in replying to my comment you put the time and effort to spell all of your words correctly, and use grammar & punctuation. If pedantry annoys you, may I suggest you avoid Yudster - congratulations on rhetorically implying that everyone on the board dislikes me, it was quite the touch.

Kind regards,

Andy
By MK Chris
Chris wrote:<clicks to show Tophers post>

Haha thanks for that Christopher!
By daveG
Topher wrote:
daveG wrote:i notice a refrence to "foes" on another of your posts i find that quite interesting, although i probably won't waste much time on it.

The forum software includes a 'friends' and 'foes' list feature. Whilst placing someone on your friends list is basically pointless, placing someone on your foes list does disable the viewing of their posts by default (you can click to show the post if you like).

cool

but harsh

think i'll read everything that takes my fancy, isn't that the idea? having to block it seems extreme...

although i guess nobody here is giving advice, technical instruction or selling anything

too many messge boards i look at 5 or 6 regularly but they tend to be linked to something a little more hobby based.

smashin...functionality to explore but probably ignore

dave
By Sally A
Welcome daveG, just want to say your posts haven't bugged me yet, totally understood your comment re insurance and youngsters, hence a parent being charge of the radio settings, I educated my daughter to the world of Moyles, she is still in the age range, whereas I only have Radio Fossil to look forward to by BBC Trust standards.

The rest of you lads - stop picking on him, it's like watching a kitten being thrown to pitbulls.

As you can tell, I'm feeling chilled and beneficial today.

Keep posting daveG, soon a newer member will come along, only to be put through the initiation. ;-)

PS: thank you for enlightening me that only 3 x ... are allowed - never knew that.
By Sally A
Deadly wrote:Sally luv please put your name at the end of your posts. It's what we do now.

So how do you know my name if I didn't? 8O 8O 8O

Are you a weird stalker?
By HA94
Deadly wrote:Sally luv please put your name at the end of your posts. It's what we do now.

Apart from you. But you're too cool for this kind of thing.

HA94
By Nicola_Red
I'm enjoying this. Perhaps I'll adopt a different name for the end of my posts?

Yours, Moderatrix
By The Deadly
Sally A wrote:

So how do you know my name if I didn't? 8O 8O 8O

Are you a weird stalker?

Yes of course I am. It's a well documented fact.

Richard Marx, early 90's popstar.
By Sally A
Totally off topic, but I used the term "I like the cut of his jib" to try to get someone better insurance terms today.

Managed it 8) as they were all sniggering so much at the terminology.

Am now calling it the "10% Deadly Discount". :)
By Nicola_Red
I also like the term very much. Also Deadly wore a suit to the live show and I liked the cut of his jib, so it's most appropriate.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]