The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
how about a challenge theme, where each member has to do a challenge or game each day or week
yummytummy wrote:how about a challenge theme, where each member has to do a challenge or game each day or week

dreamer1978 wrote:

1: Versus. Each week 2 of the team go head to head together, In a physical, mental challenge, special interest activity then a team decided activity. The winner of each week goes a head to a final week. So for example. Dave v Chris they do the phyiscal and mental challenges, then when it comes to the special interest day. Chris and Dave go head to head on a gaming console playing a game like FIFA. When it comes to the final week of the challenge 3 team members go head to head for the ultimate prize of being the best on the show. The the three losers come up with the activities for the final week.

I kinda said about challenges in that idea.
bmstinton93 wrote:
dreamer1978 wrote:Challenge Matt: Send Matt out to do the most disgusting challenges or jobs that are around. Anything that involves him getting dirty and makes him uncomfortable.

Cue Yuds...

Well - custard pies would only add value to an already excellent scenario there.
I was re-listening to the Chris, Dave and Annie Nightingale Marathon Show. Chris and Dave did have an idea that they mentioned following on from the Ask Annie Anything questions. That it was something that could be used in future. Ask ....... Anything?? Anything been done about that one Aled? Which could mean that Ask the team anything, then opened up to the rest of the Radio 1 DJs, then to "celebs".
The Chris Moyles Show Hometown Tour.

A whole week on tour broadcasting from a different team member's hometown each day in front of a live audience. Leeds, Norwich, Aberystwyth, Harrow and as Dave's might be a little difficult, Suffolk for Matt.

I think The Chris Moyles Show on tour makes some of the best shows and visiting the team's hometowns would just make it more special.
I was thinking of each day of a special week to do with summer ,a member of the team is put in charge of the show, they get to play what music they want and features as well.
Nisha wrote:The Chris Moyles Show Hometown Tour.

A whole week on tour broadcasting from a different team member's hometown each day in front of a live audience. Leeds, Norwich, Aberystwyth, Harrow and as Dave's might be a little difficult, Suffolk for Matt.

I think The Chris Moyles Show on tour makes some of the best shows and visiting the team's hometowns would just make it more special.

Suffolk isn't a town. But they have custard pies there.

They did do something similar for the DJs themselves a few years ago, Chris in Leeds etc

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/sound ... ileid=1324

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/djsgohome
How about a modern twist on Desert Island Discs? Something like Desert Island iPods (or generic MP3 players!)

Get the team to decide on the 8 songs that would have to be on their iPod if they were stuck on a desert island. Could expand it to other Radio 1 DJs/Celebs.
Dom and Tina's London 2012 Olympics Countdown

Every day from the 27th July 2011 (a year before the opening ceremony) Dom and Tina, just after the news and sport, give a daily fact connected to the number of days until the Olympics.

Example - It's 365 days until the Olympics begin. This is also the number of spins a Romanian gymnast did to win gold in the 1988 Olympics. (Obviously they would have to research their facts and not just make them up, like I just did!)
Yudster wrote:

Suffolk isn't a town. But they have custard pies there.

Oh...lol! What is Matt's hometown then?
hdsport82 wrote:

They did do something similar for the DJs themselves a few years ago, Chris in Leeds etc

Oh yeah, I didn't know that. But if the Chris Moyles Show team did it rather than a group of DJs would that not make it different? And I was thinking of the tour being indoors rather than on stage, if that helps with being more different! Plus, it was 6 years ago...
Nisha wrote:
hdsport82 wrote:

Oh yeah, I didn't know that. But if the Chris Moyles Show team did it rather than a group of DJs would that not make it different? And I was thinking of the tour being indoors rather than on stage, if that helps with being more different! Plus, it was 6 years ago...

I agree the tours are usually good just showing the idea has been done before however with the Greg/Fearne now on daytime it might be worth doing a station-wide one again.

The issue with going to the home towns/cities is they went also to Leeds in 09 when they broke the record and had a show in Norwich a couple of years earlier (Dom then appeared on the local BBC station) so it might be viewed as being a bit repetitive. That said they should make the last ever breakfast show (whenever that is) a big event in Leeds (Elland Road perhaps if they want to push the boat out!).

A tour with the Olympic torch perhaps (doubt they'd be able to clear that with LOCOG though!) but they should do something more than the frankly tedious Hackney weekend. I was pretty fed up of Carlisle as I am every year with R1BW the shows from the house are great but the constant promos etc. get boring. My pet hate is barely coherent individuals shouting 'thank you Radio 1' and as for the guy who said 'gonna get messy'' this year the mute button was getting regular use!
Each member of the team have to come up with The Best Worst Radio Feature. So the feature is meant to he rubbish and the audience vote on their favourite at the end of the week (BBC rules apply!).

Or Queen of Tickets...with a camp Dave.

Or a history of the Chris Moyles Show quiz where Chris & Dave compete in a quiz about CMS. Good memories and funny!
Brilliant idea for a thread.

Would love to see a Chris Moyles Show rally of Europe. The idea been that in the time of cutbacks, the team travel across Europe, do the show on a shoestring budget and travel in a camper van. The team could do the show from some of the big cities in Europe. e,g Barcelona to Nice to Milan to Geneva, to Paris all in the one week. Involve the locals at each stop, 'enjoy' the local food along the way and loads of video content from the travelling would make it a great week. Would also be cool to link up with local radio stations on the way...the Spanish or French equivalent of Radio Norwich!

Something else I'd love to see is a 4 or 5 caller version of two word tango. As each caller messes up they lose their chance of winning and are cut off straight away. After a few rounds there are only 2 callers left and both battle it out for a CM show mug.It could even be just a once a week feature but I think it would make for great radio!

After listening to this clip, surely it must be time for a Viaduct return!:)

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/sound ... fileid=463
Comedy Matt? You know what's always funny? Custard pies, that's what.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up