Chris Moyles Show on Tour!!!!!!

The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Re: Chris Moyles Show on Tour!!!!!!

Postby JimBoss1986 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 pm

I only watched from 6:30 - 7:30 as I had to go to work, but I was fascinated as to see how Chris (and Aled) works the desk.
I'm a bit sad like that..... That jingle machine looks a pretty decent bit of kit!!!!!
Follow Me On Twitter! @LLcoolJimbo
JimBoss1986
I'm Quite New
I'm Quite New

google adsense
Google

Postby ianpwilliams » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:00 pm

I just watched the whole show, absolutely loved it! It really is the greatest show on the radio, and now the TV :D

And yeah, I added 10 minutes to the end and it still wasn't enough :P I'll make sure with tomorrow's show, probably add a good half hour.
ianpwilliams
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

Postby janey76 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 pm

loved the access all areas this morning can't wait for tomorrow. Pub quiz too, sorry to wish the week away but I'll bet Friday is good with McFly day!!!
janey76
I'm New
I'm New

Postby japitts » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 am

JimBoss1986 wrote:I only watched from 6:30 - 7:30 as I had to go to work, but I was fascinated as to see how Chris (and Aled) works the desk.
I'm a bit sad like that..... That jingle machine looks a pretty decent bit of kit!!!!!

Geek moment alert...

I think that desk might only be half the usual kit too. From comments Chris and a few other DJs have made on OBs (Greg James in Belfast last week), some of the controls are done from the studio or OB truck. I'm guessing Chris has got a few basic faders and the cartwall, Aled is doing the music and the rest of the buttons otherwise done by CM are being done either from the OB truck or London studio.

Edit: Inserted Greg James-specifics
japitts
I'm New
I'm New

Postby ianpwilliams » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 am

I really hope they do celebrity two-word tango (are you there Aled?). I'm sure they won't because it's not a regular thing anymore, but it would be funny to see them panicking. I remember watching Carrie doing it and she was so funny.
ianpwilliams
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

google adsense
Google

Postby Ilovematt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 pm

ianpwilliams wrote:I really hope they do celebrity two-word tango (are you there Aled?). I'm sure they won't because it's not a regular thing anymore, but it would be funny to see them panicking. I remember watching Carrie doing it and she was so funny.

I 2nd that motion !! ALED !!!!!!!!!!!
Stop laughing at the muggles.
Ilovematt
Busy Posting
Busy Posting

Postby japitts » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Thirded.. go on Chris and Aled!
japitts
I'm New
I'm New

Postby JimBoss1986 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Its great watching them all when on tour. But I think that it would be nice if they could do something similar when they are back in the Studio.
I've seen plenty of vids on YouTube and I know they did something similar at the start of the Year, but not too many people (me included) fancied booting the computer up to watch the team until they go to work.... Where as this is brilliant, switch TV on, press red button and viola!
Plus, they are "at home" in the studio and we can see what actually goes on in the Studio aswell.... Does Dave check Twitter on his phone or on the Studio PC's during records lol... (yes, I was one of those people that Dave mentioned had tweeted him this morning!!!!!!!)
One question though... Will there be a Golden Hour on Friday? I do quite enjoy the Golden Hour, but I'm guessing that it will not be happening this week, in place he may do some special features involving the audience.
When Chris did One Big Belly in Blackpool 10 years ago (does anyone remember that??? I was there!!!!), he picked two people from the crowd, and they played Viaduct on stage, it was brilliant!!!!! .... Aled has spoke about suprises, could this be a possibility maybe?????????
Follow Me On Twitter! @LLcoolJimbo
JimBoss1986
I'm Quite New
I'm Quite New

Postby phunk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 pm

It's great watching Chris work the cartwall etc. Even seeing Aled playing all the records and segue jingles etc. Just goes to show how much work goes in behind the scenes to prepare it all. Although it does look like Aled's main job is shuffling CDs around!
phunk
I'm New
I'm New

google adsense
Google

Postby phunk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Here is the cartwall software Radio 1 use incase anyone is interested! VCS Dira! Cartplayer:

http://www.vcs.de/media-broadcasting-so ... o.html?L=1

phunk
I'm New
I'm New

Postby jamiec21 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

One thing I've noticed about watching the videos this week is with Aled's guides. How many sets of clothing has he got! In every shot he's wearing something different. It's hilarious. :D
jamiec21
I Post a Lot
I Post a Lot

Postby R94N » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:44 pm

I missed the show today, I was already trying to listen to some podcasts. I might listen again though on iPlayer if I get the chance.
R94N
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

Postby Travis Bickle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Its disapointing that there isnt a highlights of the days show video on the website, or even a section of the show if that would be easier to do. I have hardly seen anything of the show this week other than quick bits before work.
Travis Bickle
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

Postby northernsteve » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Chris said that a highlights package was being played out after the 8am news (after Dom and Tina do the news from the OB truck the TV version plays out a live lounge recording or two rather than the records on the radio, presumably so they can get the audience in and warmed up/told about any housekeeping - the records might even be played in from London rather than from on the stage). I guess that might end up online at some point.
northernsteve
I'm a Regular
I'm a Regular

Postby Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:33 pm

That is really short though.
Here's to those who bore us and made us what we are
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
Super-Poster
Super-Poster

Postby neilt0 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Click my signature...
Listen to my podcast, it's great! http://dimeforscalemoviepodcast.wordpress.com/
neilt0
I'm Addicted
I'm Addicted

Postby R94N » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:13 pm

neilt0's done a great job recording/uploading the video, but I'd imagine there will be a compilation video of all the good stuff on Friday (if there isn't, I'd be very surprised and disappointed!).
R94N
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

Postby northernsteve » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Anyone know whether Dom and Tina will be on air tomorrow? There's a journalists' strike on across the Beeb by members of the NUJ, so (assuming they're members) it will be interesting to see whether they're at work or not.
northernsteve
I'm a Regular
I'm a Regular

Postby Yudster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 am

They were. I managed to see some of the show today for the first time, it was very good.
Charlalottie on Twitter wrote:Just remembered that I played pool with a satanist last night. Really should go out on a Friday more often.

Charlalottie wrote:Had a good night last night. We lost the pub quiz but had my hair plaited by a viking.
Yudster
Super-Poster
Super-Poster

Postby jhmagic1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Anyone know if there is a full vid of the red button from newport access all areas show?
jhmagic1
I'm Quite New
I'm Quite New

Postby ianpwilliams » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:30 pm

I recorded all the shows from Freeview on my DVD recorder, but my PC doesn't have the power or the hard drive space to rip 3 five-and-a-half-hour shows. If someone has a super-computer who can do it, then maybe I could send the discs to them or something.

I've just uploaded and posted the links to all the edited audio AAA tour shows though.
ianpwilliams
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

Postby jhmagic1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:41 pm

ianpwilliams wrote:I recorded all the shows from Freeview on my DVD recorder, but my PC doesn't have the power or the hard drive space to rip 3 five-and-a-half-hour shows. If someone has a super-computer who can do it, then maybe I could send the discs to them or something.

I've just uploaded and posted the links to all the edited audio AAA tour shows though.

Lets hope you find someone!
jhmagic1
I'm Quite New
I'm Quite New

Postby neilt0 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

jhmagic1 wrote:Anyone know if there is a full vid of the red button from newport access all areas show?

Click my signature.
Listen to my podcast, it's great! http://dimeforscalemoviepodcast.wordpress.com/
neilt0
I'm Addicted
I'm Addicted

Postby neilt0 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm

ianpwilliams wrote:I recorded all the shows from Freeview on my DVD recorder, but my PC doesn't have the power or the hard drive space to rip 3 five-and-a-half-hour shows. If someone has a super-computer who can do it, then maybe I could send the discs to them or something.

I'd be happy to do that! I just upgraded my unRAID server to 16TB... :D
neilt0
I'm Addicted
I'm Addicted

Postby ianpwilliams » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 pm

neilt0 wrote:

I'd be happy to do that! I just upgraded my unRAID server to 16TB... :D

Well I'll happily post the discs to you once I've finished watching them. I'm currently about half-way through Wednesday's show, so it would be sometime next week. Like I said before though, most of the shows do have this weird millisecond thing every now and then where the picture flickers or something. It's not a major problem though, not for me anyway. And they were recorded on LP (long play), because they had to be. Great fun to watch though :D
ianpwilliams
I'm Always Here
I'm Always Here

PreviousNext

Return to General